Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

What is the point of the above post?

I see you often post random comments about Guns N Roses in a negative sense, or more so Axl, I dunno why you bother to repost an entire speech said by Axl onstage at a concert which occurred 21 years ago?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

What is the point of the above post?

I see you often post random comments about Guns N Roses in a negative sense, or more so Axl, I dunno why you bother to repost an entire speech said by Axl onstage at a concert which occurred 21 years ago?:confused:

I'm not being negative about Guns N' Roses, but i do kinda have a problem with Axl, in '92 he was a badass who you f***** with if you dared, plus his voice was in tip top shape and he was in great physical condition, now 21 years later he's a shadow of what he used to be vocally & physically and i'd rather remember Axl for what he used to be instead of what he is now... Hope that makes some kind of sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    21 years later he's a shadow of what he used to be vocally & physically

It's called getting old.

ozzy jr wrote: »
    It's called getting old.

I know it's called getting old, but look at other singers the same age or older than Axl, they've kept themselves in great vocal shape and physical shape, it's like Axl can't be half assed anymore

20 years today, the original Guns N' Roses played the last show on their controversial Use Your Illusion World Tour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

20 years today, the original Guns N' Roses played the last show on their controversial Use Your Illusion World Tour

Not to be petty but this is the last show the original GNR ever played :cool:

What a waste. I quite like some songs from the solo work from past band members, I never gave any of it a chance until a few years ago. There is alot of what I`d call filler among the ex GnR stuff (as with the newer GNR stuff) but some great stuff. Currently going through Izzy`s solo stuff.

Izzy's stuff took longer than the others to grow on me but I find the songs I do like are what I listen to more. You can really hear the GNR sound in Axls version of GNR, Duffs solo work, the Slash stuff and Izzys. They all contributed even if they didn`t in song writing things like how they set their amps to how they played the chords/riffs they were given when others wrote it.

Izzys last few albums have all been direct to itunes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beautiful_Disease
    That album wasn`t even released

The music industry has completely changed since these guys were together. The way things are now a band like theirs today may not even get noticed.

Pity they won`t be going around touring like the Rollin Stones. Such a waste.

gotta add this one, Izzy wrote Bad Obsession, you can hear it in this song - I actually prefer this now

Still an awesome album..... 26 years later :D

600full-appetite-for-destruction-slash-gnr-lies-cover.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Anything you'd like to add or are you just posting random 20 year old interviews without any point?

I have my own youtube... I can find random stuff too...

• Advertisement

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Anything you'd like to add or are you just posting random 20 year old interviews without any point?

I have my own youtube... I can find random stuff too...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=NNa2NkM1PEM&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DNNa2NkM1PEM%26feature%3Dyoutu.be

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭RoboAmish

on a phone so cant embed it but its a leak of a new song stintson on vocals axl on backup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNa2NkM1PEM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

There's been about five leaks. Three of them are Better remixes and the other one is an unlistenable Prostitute remix called Blood in the Water (whose validity I would question if not for the fact that every time it's uploaded onto youtube, it's taken down). Then there's this Stintson one- Going Down, which is by far the strongest even if it doesn't really sound like a GNR song.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Decent track imho, not really yer typical GNR song, but decent nonetheless. I wonder if these leaks were planned this time. Bumblefoot had a post on twitter earlier something along the lines of "You #Better be #Going Down to (some bar name) later..." The tweet has since been deleted, but I thought it was odd that he was being so obvious with his #hashtags....

The only thing i'd want Axl to release from his Vault is the rest of the Brain/Buckethead/Robin Finck Chinese Democracy sessions as it is, untouched and unedited, Appetite '99, and the Use Your Illusion tour documentary mentioned by Slash in his autobiography,

I have no interest in remixed songs

Guns N' Roses taking a break

"Guns n' Roses seem to be having a rest, but anything could change at any time. Meanwhile, I'm starting to ease back into doing my own solo shows again.
    "During the break I've got Bumblefoot shows scheduled in August for Italy, Greece, Albania, and Tunisia. Hoping to do more in the next few months."
    The rocker - whose real name is Ron Thal - also admitted when he gets together with the band's other guitarists DJ Ashba and Richard Fortus they don't tend to play their guitars.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/showbiz/guns-n-roses-taking-a-break-604040.html

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Am I missing the part that made you laugh or something?

A week today will mark 5 years since Chinese Democracy was released after a lenghty 17 year wait.

GNRchinesedemocracy.jpg

*Just thought i'd throw it out there, seeing as there isn't a lot going on in GN'R world since they finished another leg of touring in June

Doesn't feel like 5 years already. Probably because they've almost constantly toured since so their is hardly anything about a follow up.

They've been touring behind Chinese Democracy since December 2009, the band's only had a single change with D.j Ashba replacing Robin Finck. You'd think Axl would be tired of touring it and instead he'd focus on a follow up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭Riddle101

They've been touring behind Chinese Democracy since December 2009, the band's only had a single change with D.j Ashba replacing Robin Finck. You'd think Axl would be tired of touring it and instead he'd focus on a follow up.

A Follow up album? Lol, look how long it took for them to release Chinese Democracy. Axl will probably take just as long for a follow up album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

There`l be democracy in china before that happens.

Possibly the best picture of Axl in 2013

axl-rose-headphones-ultrasone.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

A week today will mark 5 years since Chinese Democracy was released after a lenghty 17 year wait.

GNRchinesedemocracy.jpg

*Just thought i'd throw it out there, seeing as there isn't a lot going on in GN'R world since they finished another leg of touring in June
    I love this album :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Use Your Illusion 1 or 2 is the big question.

If it was a desert island choice I'd go for 2 by a whisker.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Neither. In theory you could make one good album from the best songs. But uyi was a huge let down for me.

Apparently GN'R are gearing up to re-emerge in 2014

Video interviews with Dizzy & Richard

Dizzy
    http://www.noise11.com/vinterviews/dizzy-reed-the-dead-daisies

Richard
    http://www.noise11.com/vinterviews/richard-fortus-the-dead-daisies

Noise11: Richard's been talking about the potential new Guns N' Roses record, you've been working on that.

Dizzy Reed: You know, it's in the works. Right now, things are on hold a little bit as far as playing. I think they're getting tracks together.

Noise11: What's the status of Guns N' Roses?

Richard Fortus: Doing a new record. Working on new stuff now. So I'm trying to balance all this out. So far it's worked out alright. So far everything is good. Actually, Guns wanted to be touring right now in South America and I'd already committed to [The Dead Daisies], so we had to postpone that to next year, but I'm hoping that we get an album out very soon.

Sounds like an interesting 2014 ahead for GN'R

Courtesy of www.Noise11.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

UYI II is quality from start to finish imo (my world excluded).

Apparently GN'R are gearing up to re-emerge in 2014

Video interviews with Dizzy & Richard

Dizzy
    http://www.noise11.com/vinterviews/dizzy-reed-the-dead-daisies

Richard
    http://www.noise11.com/vinterviews/richard-fortus-the-dead-daisies

Noise11: Richard's been talking about the potential new Guns N' Roses record, you've been working on that.

Dizzy Reed: You know, it's in the works. Right now, things are on hold a little bit as far as playing. I think they're getting tracks together.

Noise11: What's the status of Guns N' Roses?

Richard Fortus: Doing a new record. Working on new stuff now. So I'm trying to balance all this out. So far it's worked out alright. So far everything is good. Actually, Guns wanted to be touring right now in South America and I'd already committed to [The Dead Daisies], so we had to postpone that to next year, but I'm hoping that we get an album out very soon.

Sounds like an interesting 2014 ahead for GN'R

Courtesy of www.Noise11.com

There was stuff like that for easily 5 years before the Chinese Democracy release date was made official. I wouldnt read too much into it.

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    There was stuff like that for easily 5 years before the Chinese Democracy release date was made official. I wouldnt read too much into it.

Well in the world of GN'R, there really ain't that much else to discuss,

Advertisement