Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    GNR are playing twelve nights in las Vegas in October and november.

Bet half of em get cancelled, and the other half start late.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Bet half of em get cancelled, and the other half start late.

Or Axl loses his voice, well what's left of his voice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    GNR are playing twelve nights in las Vegas in October and november.

So it's official. They've become a cabaret act.

It'll probably suit them though. They're obviously aiming at the tourists and not the locals and most of them will be staying on the strip so there won't be complaints about late starts etc as the fans won't be in a rush to make last buses or trains. It'll just be an excuse to drink/gamble more. So it's probably a win-win all around.

I never thought Axl would become the next Donnie Osmond though

So it's official. They've become a cabaret act.

It'll probably suit them though. They're obviously aiming at the tourists and not the locals and most of them will be staying on the strip so there won't be complaints about late starts etc as the fans won't be in a rush to make last buses or trains. It'll just be an excuse to drink/gamble more. So it's probably a win-win all around.

I never thought Axl would become the next Donnie Osmond though

He has the teeth. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Guns N’ Roses Fan Wants to Use $232 Million Lottery Winnings to Reunite Band

Axl Rose has balked many a time at the possibility of reuniting the original Guns N’ Roses lineup, but that hasn’t kept one of the band’s fans from putting together a very lucrative offer.

The Sun reports that Adrian Bayford just won the U.K. EuroMillions lottery and has stated that he would like to use the $232 million to attempt to reunite the group. “I’d have to get Guns N’ Roses together. I’m a real fan.”

Guns N’ Roses began in 1987 with their ‘Appetite for Destruction’ album, but drummer Steven Adler was fired in 1990. Izzy Stradlin left the band in 1991, with guitarist Slash exiting in 1995, and bassist Duff McKagan signing out in 1997.

While it may be Bayford’s wish, Slash recently stated in an interview that he felt the time had passed for a reunion of the original lineup. He explained, “I think that time is sort of passed at this point, but there was a period where big wads of cash were shaking in our direction. I think the concept of getting the band back together based on money is not going to happen.”

Bayford and his wife Gillian have now joined the U.K.’s Top 1000 Rich List. If they were listed amongst musicians, the Bayford family would currently be slotted between Keith Richards and Tom Jones.

Never gonna happen, the only thing that'll get the old band on the same stage together again is Photoshop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

RVD420 wrote: »
    Never gonna happen, the only thing that'll get the old band on the same stage together again is Photoshop.

I got excited when I read the title, but then I saw "The Sun":mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭MHalberstram

"Not in this lifetime." - W. Axl Rose

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

karaokeman wrote: »
    I got excited when I read the title, but then I saw "The Sun":mad:

Interesting thing he has done though...I mean, are your Lottery winnings actually worth seeing a group of five musicians playing instruments? No...they're not, in fact, not even if I could bring people back from the dead would I pay that money to reunite the Beatles...or have Jim Morrison front the Doors a final time...

No musician is worth that kind of money - not in the slightest....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Interesting thing he has done though...I mean, are your Lottery winnings actually worth seeing a group of five musicians playing instruments? No...they're not, in fact, not even if I could bring people back from the dead would I pay that money to reunite the Beatles...or have Jim Morrison front the Doors a final time...

I'd be too busy living the Rock n Roll lifestyle to worry about Axl :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

He never said how much of the winnings he was perpared to spend on it. I doubt it will happen. Any money that this guy could put on the table would have been offered before to the AFD lineup if not more...Before a "reunion" would happen Axl and Slash need to talk, I think if they ever had a conversation they could end up being friends again. Just my 2c..

• Advertisement

It's just a catchy story. Given that Axl turned down $200million in the past to reunite I seriously doubt he'd entertain this guy, or that this guy actually realises he'd have to offer his entire winnings to garner even a smidgen of interest, if even that.

Total non story.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

So you've won 150million on the lotto, if they all agreed, would you have GnR ORIGINAL line up play a one off gig in your local pub for 20million?

scudzilla wrote: »
    So you've won 150million on the lotto, if they all agreed, would you have GnR ORIGINAL line up play a one off gig in your local pub for 20million?

Both Slash and Axl have turned down $200million to reunite and have said that money is not the issue. After the Hall of Fame I seriously doubt it will ever happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 6ftTallGuy

I'm guessing Izzy will make some sort of appearance at the Vegas residency, would love it to if Axl brought in an orchestra for songs like November Rain, Estranged & There Was A Time

No, because I honestly don't believe it's worth it.

I literally couldn't give a **** whether Slash or Axl perform together ever again, I don't care and I consider myself a big fan of Guns N' Roses.

To me, classic GNR is the Illusion era touring, the fan atmosphere, the crowds of people getting out on the road and making things happen, the two albums of material, the videos, the hype and the image. That can never be recreated - it was a time and a place - and sadly one I was too young to ever experience. I only go to GNR shows now to catch a sense of that nostalgia that people at the time felt.

It sounds sad to admit this, but when I was growing up, I was watching VHS videos and listening to bootleg tapes from 10 years before that...for me...there wasn't a single band around when I was 15 who could make me feel about music the way I feel when I put on Use Your Illusions. I put it on today and I felt like that 15 year old kid again, and I'm 27...and I'm listening to this music thinking "I wasn't around when it was launched, I never saw them in Slane in 1992...but, for me....it gave me the same feelings..."

I met Bumblefoot in Dublin, and then again in Newcastle, this past May...and I'm chatting away to him about 2006 and the RDS and when I went to London to see GNR...and afterwards, I'm thinking, I know more intimate details about his job then he does...for him, it's a job (one he likes, one he's good at, sure) and he even had to ask me when another fan asked where the band had played before Dublin, he'd forgotten in the moment that he'd just been to Russia...it's just one long stream of flights and hotel rooms for these guys....

It says a lot about the music Industry that in 20 years we just haven't found something that can replace the energy and vibe of Axl Rose. Either they are out there and nobody will take a chance on them, or this snowball of media and enterprise took five heroin addicts and forced them onstage long enough to tolerate each other. I saw a documentary with Andy Moran, the director of Garden of Eden among many others, the other day...and he said that when they were onstage playing they were happy...it was everything else they couldn't take

Sounds stupid maybe, I dunno....I'm just glad that Axl sorted his terrible voice problems out because people give him flack for being bad in 2002 and 2006...but he has improved so much to where he is now....I just wish his timekeeping was kept in order.

How things have changed, eh, remember when GNR were playing nothing and going nowhere....and look at them....
    Neil Young, Guns N’ Roses Lead 2012 Bridge School Benefit Concert Lineup

Neil Young continues to draw the best in music for his annual Bridge School Benefit. Now in its 26th year, the benefit will feature Young and his band Crazy Horse headlining both nights, with primary support from Guns N’ Roses and Jack White.

The lineup was revealed late Friday night (Sept. 7), with Young, White, and GNR also being joined by the Flaming Lips, Sarah McLachlan, Foster the People, Lucinda Williams, Steve Martin and the Steep Canyon Rangers, k.d. lang and Siss Boom Bang, and Gary Clark Jr. on the bill.

The organization posted a video featuring some of the students at the Bridge School using their language technology to reveal the participants in the year’s event. The non-profit organization’s goal is to ensure that youths with severe speech and physical impairments achieve full participation in their communities through the use of augmentative and alternate means of communication and assistive technology applications.

The lineup was revealed once donations reached $10.000. Additional donations can be made for the Bridge School here. This year’s event takes place Oct. 20 and 21 in Hillsborough, Calif. Ticketing details will be announced soon.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/neil-young-guns-n-roses-2012-bridge-school-benefit/

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JkXpmcOrjf4#!

As long as Axl plays at least a special track or two to mark the occasion, something really important (like a new cover or an unheard acoustic version of an old song) then I think they have this one in the bag

Vegas might just be a warm up!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Everytime i see someone has posted in this thread i get all excited and think Axl has died.......then i read it, and he hasn't, and i get sad

Everytime i see someone has posted in this thread i get all excited and think Axl has died.......then i read it, and he hasn't, and i get sad

Awh now come on skipper, play fair....

And besides it's normally only me who posts updates in this thread, especially where good news is concerned.....

The official video for Better has leaked(its release was scrapped, probably because Axl threw a hissy fit when Robin left the band)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

A lot of that looks like it was fan made. Would expect a lot more than that from a professional production crew.

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    A lot of that looks like it was fan made. Would expect a lot more than that from a professional production crew.

What do you expect from Axl "managed by my Brazilian housekeeper" Rose. He is all about the cash grab do everything half arsed these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 6ftTallGuy

Now that the video for Better has leaked, could a follow up to Chinese Democracy be on the horizon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭rednik

6ftTallGuy wrote: »
    Now that the video for Better has leaked, could a follow up to Chinese Democracy be on the horizon

I believe they are working on it now, it's called Irish Hypocrisy. :p:p:p

The official video for Better has leaked(its release was scrapped, probably because Axl threw a hissy fit when Robin left the band)

Nearly 4 years after the albums release??? LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

What do you expect from Axl "managed by my Brazilian housekeeper" Rose. He is all about the cash grab do everything half arsed these days.

Like Chinese Democracy was itself.

karaokeman wrote: »

Like Chinese Democracy was itself.

Lol. Careful now. Axl might sue ya!?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

:rolleyes:

saw that video a few years ago

You couldn't have seen that particular leaked video a few years ago unless you were involved with the production

That you Axl, didn't know you posted here :rolleyes:

FYI - This video is being discussed on all the GNR websites. It is official, but was never released. Then a few days ago, it was leaked by someone over at mygnrforum. The fact that the entire GNR fanbase have never seen this video, yet you claim to have done so years ago means that you are a) an insider in the GNR camp or b) wrong.

Answers on a postcard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

In fairness, it's not that unique and I seen videos (fan made) that were similar to it. Could simply be a mix up and he is remembering a fan made one. After the first set of leaks I think every song had at least one fan made video. Something (IRS?) had a Terminator 3 video that I thought was quite good.

Advertisement