Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Seems like trouble a brewing in GN'R land with Ron threatening to jump ship

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-n-roses-guitarist-says-hes-out-if-he-cant-pursue-solo-career/

According to MYGNRForum, GN'R have plans lined up for 2014 (all the information below was sent to a MYGNR admin)

- the band will once again embark on a period of touring. Starting in Mexico during mid-March, GNR will pursue a full South American Tour.

- If you're elsewhere in the globe however, fear not, because Guns N' Roses will also be hitting parts of the US. This will include a highly-anticipated return to the location of last year's residency - VEGAS.

- Furthermore, hold off on labelling this as further pointless touring. We can also exclusively reveal that the band are planning to present 2 to 3 new songs during next year's touring.

- But there's more...

A lot more. While we aren't at liberty to divulge any further, MyGNR encourages you to approach 2014 with a clear sense of optimism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

A Live album from the last couple of tours would go down well with me.

Temaz wrote: »
    A Live album from the last couple of tours would go down well with me.

A live album from the last few tours would be good, keep in mind Axl's vocals would have to be cleaned up to get rid of his 'mickey mouse voice'

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    A live album from the last few tours would be good, keep in mind Axl's vocals would have to be cleaned up to get rid of his 'mickey mouse voice'

It's hit and miss. At the start of the tours it doesnt be good, it does be great in the middle and starts to go downhill towards the end. Only pick those shows in the middle period and it would produce a great record.

As for the new songs, I wonder are they new new, or new to live shows new. Still a few CD songs that I dont think have been part of any set lists yet. Hopefully it's the former and it means they actually have been doing something.

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    It's hit and miss. At the start of the tours it doesnt be good, it does be great in the middle and starts to go downhill towards the end. Only pick those shows in the middle period and it would produce a great record.

As for the new songs, I wonder are they new new, or new to live shows new. Still a few CD songs that I dont think have been part of any set lists yet. Hopefully it's the former and it means they actually have been doing something.

How awesome would it be if Axl actually said from the stage at one of the shows (Similar to how he said the same thing at Rock In Rio in 2001) ''This is a brand new song'' and they played one of the mythical songs that have been tossed around for the better part of 14-15 years. Though if GN'R were to play completely brand new material i'd hope Axl has himself in better shape physically and vocally

• Registered Users Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

How awesome would it be if Axl actually said from the stage at one of the shows (Similar to how he said the same thing at Rock In Rio in 2001) ''This is a brand new song'' and they played one of the mythical songs that have been tossed around for the better part of 14-15 years. Though if GN'R were to play completely brand new material i'd hope Axl has himself in better shape physically and vocally

That would be dreamy...

GUNS N' ROSES 2014 PLANS PART 2, courtesy of MYGNRFORUM

Since we broke the original story, we've been overwhelmed with questions about GNR's return to Las Vegas. Fans wondered if the band would indeed be gearing up for another residency as they did last year, or if it would just be a one-off performance.

We can confirm that the band is planning a full residency! And there is some exciting stuff in store so fans all over the world should start preparing for another meet up! Don't book your flights yet, of course, and wait for official confirmation.

There is a lot more to come in 2014. And MyGNR has got you covered - breaking GNR news FIRST and FAST.

Looks like 2014 will be interesting for Guns N' Roses

The leaked unfinished version of Catcher In The Rye recorded in 1999 by Guns N' Roses with Brian May on guitar. This version smokes the version that ended up on the finished version of Chinese Democracy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

The leaked unfinished version of Catcher In The Rye recorded in 1999 by Guns N' Roses with Brian May on guitar. This version smokes the version that ended up on the finished version of Chinese Democracy

That's pretty good. IS there a blog out there where some demos of any era of the band are?

• Advertisement

The 2006 lineup of Guns N' Roses were downright amazing (almost as good as the original lineup), Axl had the fire & determination, shame 7 years later he's lost that fire & determination and seems content to mail in it

Welcome To The Jungle Rock Am Ring 2006

• Registered Users Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Why were they wearing clown outfits?

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Why were they wearing clown outfits?

Tommy Stinson is the only one wearing a clown like outfit, guess he didn't have anything else in his wardrobe at the time

Guns N' Roses have been confirmed for Hell & Heaven Metal Fest 2014 in Mexico City, headlining the main stage on the 16th of March

1482891_525029617594868_423204734_n.jpg

They seem way out of place with that line up.

They seem way out of place with that line up.

That's what i thought when i saw the poster with the lineup,

7 Brazilian cities lined up by GN'R for March '14

Florianópolis,
    Porto Alegre
    São Paulo.
    Rio de Janeiro,
    Belo Horizonte
    Brasilia
    Curitiba

http://entretenimento.r7.com/musica/guns-n-roses-volta-ao-brasil-em-2014-04012014

guns_n__roses_south_american_tour_2014_wallpaper_by_martinezivan24-d6yzpu8.jpg

3 page article from ANTIQUIET regarding the leaking of Chinese Democracy in 2008

http://www.antiquiet.com/truth/2014/01/full-story-behind-chinese-democracy/?all=true

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

"I see you sister in her sunday dress" lol

One of favourite G and R songs along with this

and there cover of this :)

Guns N' Roses Mates Rehearsal 1989 (When they got together to start jamming out ideas for what would become the Use Your Illusions albums), no Axl unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I saw on Twitter that Bumblefoot was in Dublin this week. Anyone on here go to his class or talk or whatever he was doing? Shame he didn't get to play a mini set at all?

Looks like Axl & co. are headed back to Vegas for another residency

1623703_10152209001054311_1563097422_n.jpg

No way! Nice find. I'd say their residency probably made more money than either Def Leppard's or Motley Crue's...I'd imagine public demand was so much they almost HAD to come back. Plus you could spend a month watching GNR perform almost every night. Funny.

Axl probably loves it. He gets to do shows he wants without the travel issues nobody wants.

No way! Nice find. I'd say their residency probably made more money than either Def Leppard's or Motley Crue's...I'd imagine public demand was so much they almost HAD to come back. Plus you could spend a month watching GNR perform almost every night. Funny.

Wasn't that hard to find really, it's on Guns N' Roses Facebook page & Twitter page, the only problem i'd have with watching GN'R perform every night for a month is the setlist, it's so easy (pardon the pun) to predict.

On the contrary, i'd imagine that Motley & Def Leppard's residencies made more money as they have their original members intact, i think and this is just MY OPINION, the only reason Axl's coming out of hiding after 10 months in March is because he needs the money OR AND A LONG SHOT....... GN'R are gearing up to release a follow up to Chinese Democracy

Wasn't that hard to find really, it's on Guns N' Roses Facebook page & Twitter page, the only problem i'd have with watching GN'R perform every night for a month is the setlist, it's so easy (pardon the pun) to predict.

I'd skip the early shows. They are always dodgey in regards vocals. The middle shows are usually the best. Same set list would be a small price to pay really.
    On the contrary, i'd imagine that Motley & Def Leppard's residencies made more money as they have their original members intact, i think and this is just MY OPINION, the only reason Axl's coming out of hiding after 10 months in March is because he needs the money OR AND A LONG SHOT....... GN'R are gearing up to release a follow up to Chinese Democracy

Axl puts his voice through a lot of strain. At his age, I reckon he needs the time off to let it recover.

I'd skip the early shows. They are always dodgey in regards vocals. The middle shows are usually the best. Same set list would be a small price to pay really.

Axl puts his voice through a lot of strain. At his age, I reckon he needs the time off to let it recover.

First couple of shows are always dodgy, but let's hope we don't have another Axl Rose Disaster video on Youtube, he's had 10 months since GN'R last played a show in June 2013 so i'd expect Axl to come out on fire vocally and physically

First couple of shows are always dodgy, but let's hope we don't have another Axl Rose Disaster video on Youtube, he's had 10 months since GN'R last played a show in June 2013 so i'd expect Axl to come out on fire vocally and physically

It's weird, it's like he needs a few shows to warm up or something.

It's weird, it's like he needs a few shows to warm up or something.

I wouldn't say it's weird that Axl needs a few shows to warm up vocally, more like embarrassing and a complete lack of professionalism, i mean would you see the likes of Mick Jagger, Ozzy Osbourne, Bruce Dickinson & a whole host of others go out on tour or even before a show without warming up their vocal chords

• Advertisement

On the contrary, i'd imagine that Motley & Def Leppard's residencies made more money as they have their original members intact

You could be right, I've not seen any official figures (and doubt anyone would release them) but I do think Axl's fee was probably so high alone it eclipsed maybe half of Crue and 3/5 of Def Leppard

Plus they give Rose the penthouse when he's in Vegas so he only has to take a lift straight down to the stage (more or less) - it's probably the easiest money he has ever made...that's why he wants it lol

Advertisement