Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

DJ Ashba confirmed the 2nd GN'R residency on More Access Fox 5 in the States
    "We're going to be back at the Hard Rock, uh, at the The Joint. We're doing a residency. It's going to be a true rock n' roll, Las Vegas month at the Hard Rock - for sure."

Full interview from More Aceess

DJ also debuted a new solo spot called La Belle Vita

Found this all on MYGNR

GN'R have also added 2 more shows to their South American trek,

they'll play Bolivia for the first time ever (http://gunsnroses.com/events/253073)

and a show in Paraguay (http://gunsnroses.com/events/253063)

Seeing as the link to Dj's new solo is down due to copyright, found another link of it on Youtube

Dj's new solo sounds like a mixture of Ballad Of Death & Mi Amor

And the 2nd residency has OFFICIALLY been confirmed by GN'R, the residency will be dubbed "No Trickery! An Evening Of Destruction" and will run from May 21 through June 7.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-dates-for-second-las-vegas-residency-announced/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blabbermouth+%28Blabbermouth.net%27s+Daily+Headlines%29

Axl's LONG ASS open letter,
    MARIUS

The open letter Axl tweeted:

"Over the past week I've put out a few intentionally sarcastic tweets in response to the killing of the 18 month old baby male giraffe named Marius by the Copenhagen Zoo in Denmark. And in that regard I think that without more information or a better understanding of not just how this particular breeding program works or why it's believed to be necessary and seemingly without room for exception or public opinion... to the average person it would seem that...

1.) Marius could have been spared and was a waste of a healthy young animal's life.

2.) The manner in which he was if not euthanized then disposed of seemed particularly barbaric, unnecessary and a vulgar or grotesque display of inconsideration and complete disregard for public sentiments adding a level of morbid spectacle and horrendousness difficult for most to comprehend by doing so not just in front of but for what seems some misguided or twisted sense of educational purposes for children.

and...

3.) The seemingly cold and clinical responses and attitudes regarding this unfortunate event by those involved appearing to be somewhat defiant, arrogant and even seeming somewhat perversely satisfied with themselves and their actions going as far as to express "pride" in their decisions comes off as completely heartless in regard to the animals and seems extremely disrespectful toward the general public on this issue.

Perhaps their comments were taken out of context? Perhaps there's something lost in translation? I don't know that anyone is trying to say or act in this situation as if they truly know more than these particular or any professional animal caretakers or zoologists etc. but I do know that at present plenty of lay people worldwide do not understand or approve of what took place here. And again without more information and better understanding of the breeding program and why this was deemed the appropriate course of action this event seems misguided and a crime against the very nature those in such positions are thought to be involved with as protectors and caretakers of such animals.

One can attempt to justify these choices as those taking into consideration a bigger picture scientifically but in my view there seems to be more than one perspective to that picture and it would appear that adherence to such a rigid or strict nature of such clinical focus may be disregarding the public impact of their actions.

For most normal everyday people that love, care about and enjoy animals this event has been a tragedy. An unexpected, unimaginable and what for many is most devastating a seemingly avoidable horror show that somehow seems lost on the professionals involved and those speaking for the zoo a facility that's in my opinion thought to exist for the animals, the public, educational purposes and science in as best a sense of harmony as possible. Just as it's a privilege for the public to visit, view and experience these animals it's also a privilege to work with and care for the animals and have the opportunity do so while interacting and/or working with the public.

Unfortunately somehow in this instance all or much of that seems to have been forgotten.

Axl"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

Pity he didnt care about the fans like the giraffe.

ROY RACE wrote: »
    Pity he didnt care about the fans like the giraffe.

Oh but Axl does care about the fans, he only comes out of hiding whenever he feels like padding his bank account.

If 1991 Axl could see himself now, i wonder what would he think to himself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

It's a damn shame that one of the greatest bands that's ever existed, now plays as cover band of itself in a Las Vegas residency. Is that what it's come to? Rock-by-numbers nostalgia for over paying punters that remember the "good old days" of seeing them in arenas back in the early to mid 90's.

The current lineup of GNR are clearly very talented musicians, but seriously, another Vegas residency? Isn't that better left to Celine Dion or Barbra Streisand?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

It's a damn shame that one of the greatest bands that's ever existed, now plays as cover band of itself in a Las Vegas residency. Is that what it's come to? Rock-by-numbers nostalgia for over paying punters that remember the "good old days" of seeing them in arenas back in the early to mid 90's.

The current lineup of GNR are clearly very talented musicians, but seriously, another Vegas residency? Isn't that better left to Celine Dion or Barbra Streisand?

That's where the money is these days unfortunately,Crue and leppard have recently done them and the managers and accountants have obviously realised that tapping up an older established fan base who have money by doing residencies and rereleasing old material with 'extras' is the way to go.

lord lucan wrote: »
    That's where the money is these days unfortunately,Crue and leppard have recently done them and the managers and accountants have obviously realised that tapping up an older established fan base who have money by doing residencies and rereleasing old material with 'extras' is the way to go.

Motley Crue and Def Leppard have both done residencies, but they had all their original members intact

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Motley Crue and Def Leppard have both done residencies, but they had all their original members intact

True but the demographic they're after just want to hear the greatest hits and aren't particularly fussed if all the original members aren't present. The party crowd from the west coast are just there for a good time and to hear wttj and scom.

Out of every musician who's come through Axl's revolving door, the 2001/2002/2006 lineup was the most talented......... after the original 5 man line up obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Out of every musician who's come through Axl's revolving door, the 2001/2002/2006 lineup was the most talented......... after the original 5 man line up obviously

I dunno, I think the second line up was probably better than the original. Dont think Axl, Izzy, Tracii, Ole Beich and Rob Gardner would have made the same impression on music :P

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I dunno, I think the second line up was probably better than the original. Dont think Axl, Izzy, Tracii, Ole Beich and Rob Gardner would have made the same impression on music :P

Not that 5 man line up, but well done on catching me out on that, well played

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Anybody else think that Chinese Democracy has a copy & paste feel to it?

Guns N' Roses to perform at this years Revolver Golden Gods Awards, and Axl Rose is to be presented with the Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Guns N' Roses to perform at this years Revolver Golden Gods Awards, and Axl Rose is to be presented with the Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award

For a brief moment there I taught this event was happening in the UK

The magazine's sixth annual hard rock awards show takes place April 23 at the Club Nokia in Los Angeles.

I'll bide my time. They'll be here before the year is out, I can feel it.

For a brief moment there I taught this event was happening in the UK

The magazine's sixth annual hard rock awards show takes place April 23 at the Club Nokia in Los Angeles.

I'll bide my time. They'll be here before the year is out, I can feel it.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how confident are you that GN'R will play Ireland this year

*SIDENOTE, Duff & Slash have attended every year since The Golden Gods Awards inception, could the impossible happen on April 23rd - Slash & Axl in the same building for the first time in 18 years*

It's finally being released, and will be shown in Cineworld Dublin, on April 3rd

http://gnr3dmovie.com/

• Advertisement

It's finally being released, and will be shown in Cineworld Dublin, on April 3rd

That is a dangerously cheesy ad, and I think his voice sucks

EyesClosed wrote: »
    That is a dangerously cheesy ad, and I think his voice sucks

I'd say Axl's vocal tracks will be cleaned up similar to how his vocal tracks on Live Era '87-'93 were done

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

And to make it feel like an authentic GNR show, all punters who turn up for the 20:30 showing will be made wait until 22:30 for the film to begin. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I don't care what time it starts I can't wait for this. I'm also more excited about the prospect of the live release accompanying this show afterwards, an actual CD/DVD Blu Ray set! I am so excited about this it's not even funny lol :D

dvd_cover.png

1. Standard Amaray DVD – APPETITE FOR DEMOCRACY – full show and bonus interviews
    2. Standard 3D Blu-ray – APPETITE FOR DEMOCRACY – 3D & 2D on 1 disc
    3. Deluxe CD+DVD – APPETITE FOR DEMOCRACY – DVD plus CD of all tracks in the show
    4. Digital Long Form – APPETITE FOR DEMOCRACY – Full content available for digital download and via Mobile App

I'd say Axl's vocal tracks will be cleaned up similar to how his vocal tracks on Live Era '87-'93 were done

Then why not clean them up for the ad?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,906 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I couldn't watch the full clip as it's an embarrassment, some fat lad running around screeching out of tune.

''some fat lad running around screeching out of tune''. That's Axl nowadays unfortunately, plus throw in his iffy vocals over the last couple of years and you have a sad and sorry frontman who's a shadow of what he used to be, not to mention destroying the original Guns N' Roses........ And for what 1 lousy $14 million dollar, 17 years in the making album....... Axl should retire at this point & just let the GN'R name die with dignity instead of it being wheeled out every few months/years whenever the bank account needs padding

Axl should be remembered for what he was, not what he's become, this would be appropriate for Axl ''it's better to burn out than to fade away.''

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Axl's voice was often up and down, even in the late 80's and early 90's.

True Axl's voice was up & down even in the 80's & 90's, but back then he was in better shape physically & vocally, and in the 80's & 90's he didn't sound like Mickey Mouse

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    I couldn't watch the full clip as it's an embarrassment, some fat lad running around screeching out of tune.

Not sure what you mean tbh, he sounds pretty much the same as he always has.

Advertisement