Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

They were late on stage that day too.

My best memory from that day (apart from FNM) was the Coke cup throwing and the threats made by some woman on stage about the band not coming on unless it stopped

I remember that too :) all it did was make more coke cups fly.....wow that was some show!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,638 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

PTH2009 wrote: »
    so more than likely axl will be late tomorrow night if hes having trouble walking.

He probly arrive in Dublin tonight or tomorrow morning so straight to his four seasons bed he should go and get some rest and be at the gig for 6pm so he can prepare and than come on stage at 9.15AM.

Im staying in the gibson across from the o2 so im in for an all nighter in the o2 :D

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

He's just put a photo of his arm up on twitter. I'm guessing it's his bruised arm anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

ozzy jr wrote: »
    He's just put a photo of his arm up on twitter. I'm guessing it's his bruised arm anyway.

ouch!!

large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

He can not possibly use that as an excuse for anything! Probably sting whenever touched but it shouldn't affect him otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    He can not possibly use that as an excuse for anything! Probably sting whenever touched but it shouldn't affect him otherwise.

Will it hurt when hit by a bottle hurled from about 50ft?

A dab of Sudocrem and he'll be grand. :D

Will it hurt when hit by a bottle hurled from about 50ft?

I'll be surprised if they even sell bottles this time. Likewise with the beer, I expect that to be at least very limited, if sold at all. Likely paper or plastic cups with water or minerals is all they'll be willing to give out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

I'll be surprised if they even sell bottles this time. Likewise with the beer, I expect that to be at least very limited, if sold at all. Likely paper or plastic cups with water or minerals is all they'll be willing to give out.

You'll get beer alright, I think Carlsberg or Guinness have some sort of monopoly of alcohol sales.

If they give out bottles, they're asking for trouble. They wouldn't, would they? This is MCD after all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭TheGimp

Uhm Axl injured his leg, not his arm...wouldn't be one bit surprised if he uses it as an excuse to cancel the gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,627 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

@Gunsnroses: glad to be here - sound checking at the O2 Dublin.
    AtCq9ZeCQAAvDqF.jpg:large

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    @Gunsnroses: glad to be here - sound checking at the O2 Dublin.
    AtCq9ZeCQAAvDqF.jpg:large
    Same back drops as 2 years ago,same set list -wonder will he where the same hat :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Same back drops as 2 years ago,same set list -wonder will he where the same hat :eek:

Lets just remember what this whole tour is about... The Chinese Democracy album took so long to produce and cost so much money - while selling relatively few copies, that Axl had to tour extensively just to pay off the the debt. This tour isn't about satisfying the fans or giving them something new. It's a desperate attempt to squeeze every penny out of the fans to pay off Axls debt & fuel his giant ego...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Lets just remember what this whole tour is about... The Chinese Democracy album took so long to produce and cost so much money - while selling relatively few copies, that Axl had to tour extensively just to pay off the the debt. This tour isn't about satisfying the fans or giving them something new. It's a desperate attempt to squeeze every penny out of the fans to pay off Axls debt & fuel his giant ego...

Nail. On. The. Head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

TheGimp wrote: »
    Uhm Axl injured his leg, not his arm...wouldn't be one bit surprised if he uses it as an excuse to cancel the gig.

yet the picture is his arm, maybe he injured both?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Buford Tannen

darryn wrote: »
    yet the picture is his arm, maybe he injured both?

Thats a picture of his leg,you can clearly see its attached to an arse.

Thats a picture of his leg,you can clearly see its attached to an arse.

That's the first time ever that somebody has described Axl properly. :D

Bluefoam wrote: »

Not true. Best Buy paid $15million upfront to have the exclusive rights to sell the album in the U.S. thus covering the cost of the album in one go, before they'd even sold a copy.

I agree what you say after that though, but Axl's debt is due to his lavish lifestyle and that Brazilian family that have shacked up with him in his mansion in Malibu.

A lot of people believe that this relentless touring is also to fund another album because the record company refuse to fund another one due to Axl's refusal to promote Chinese Democracy.

Not true. Best Buy paid $15million upfront to have the exclusive rights to sell the album in the U.S. thus covering the cost of the album in one go, before they'd even sold a copy.

I agree what you say after that though, but Axl's debt is due to his lavish lifestyle and that Brazilian family that have shacked up with him in his mansion in Malibu.

A lot of people believe that this relentless touring is also to fund another album because the record company refuse to fund another one due to Axl's refusal to promote Chinese Democracy.

Aren't they supposedly under contract for 2 albums with Interscope?? IIRC, there was a quote somewhere from either Axl or DJ Ashba that an album would follow two years after CD....?

• Advertisement

Aren't they supposedly under contract for 2 albums with Interscope?? IIRC, there was a quote somewhere from either Axl or DJ Ashba that an album would follow two years after CD....?

well it is nearly 4 years since which is shockingly bad. I would have thought that once they released CD then with the ice broken they would have knocked out a few. Not so. Maybe it didnt sell well enough. With all the internet downloading the only chance they might have of selling more would be to release immediately after a big tour!? Just a thought

With Axl injured imagine them playing the gig without Axl! the only one from the original GNR! IMAGINE

For the sake of those who bought a ticket I hope Axl shows & its a great gig - I read somewhere (possibly here) that new songs were tipped to be played at it. I wanna see youtube videos! Good quality ones! And reviews of the songs!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Jesus, he had better show up. There will be serious trouble if he doesnt and I dont fancy spending my thursday night in the middle of a riot in the o2

well it is nearly 4 years since which is shockingly bad. I would have thought that once they released CD then with the ice broken they would have knocked out a few. Not so. Maybe it didnt sell well enough. With all the internet downloading the only chance they might have of selling more would be to release immediately after a big tour!? Just a thought

With Axl injured imagine them playing the gig without Axl! the only one from the original GNR! IMAGINE

For the sake of those who bought a ticket I hope Axl shows & its a great gig - I read somewhere (possibly here) that new songs were tipped to be played at it. I wanna see youtube videos! Good quality ones! And reviews of the songs!

F**kin hell. Imagine the s**tstorm if he dodged this gig??? Matt Copper & Joe Duffy would have a bloody field day. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭First Aid Ireland

Anyone know the setlist for tonight?

After last year I wouldn't touch this gig, but I've got a freebie, so I'm going to go along. But I want to listen to some GnR in the gym today to get in the mood.

Is this going to be a greatest hits type of gig?

After last year I wouldn't touch this gig, but I've got a freebie, so I'm going to go along. But I want to listen to some GnR in the gym today to get in the mood.

You're guaranteed most of AFD, some stuff off the UYI albums, some off the GnR Lies album, some off Chinese Democracy, interspersed with Axl's "rants", oh and most likely numerous instrumental renditions of "Beautiful" by Bumblefoot.

You're guaranteed most of AFD, some stuff off the UYI albums, some off the GnR Lies album, some off Chinese Democracy, interspersed with Axl's "rants", oh and most likely numerous instrumental renditions of "Beautiful" by Bumblefoot.

Exact same setlist as last time with the addition of Civil War and Estranged. Robin Finck did the Beautiful solo not Bumblefoot. He has a new solo for tonight.

Exact same setlist as last time with the addition of Civil War and Estranged. Robin Finck did the Beautiful solo not Bumblefoot. He has a new solo for tonight.

Thanks for correcting me. What solo has he got planned for tonight then??

There was a set list posted not far back for the first Russia show. It'll be something along those lines.
    Thanks for correcting me. What solo has he got planned for tonight then??
    Does Bumblefoot not do the Pink Panther?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Does Bumblefoot not do the Pink Panther?

He does, this photo was posted by his wife yesterday, with the caption “Bumble working on a new solo.”

http://instagr.am/p/KtDtprs35X/

• Advertisement

My mistake. I'm obviously getting confused between him and Robin Finck. He was the one who played "Beautiful" to death at the 06 gig in order to give poor Axl a break every so often.

Advertisement