Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Ticket sales must be **** if it is still being advertised a week before gig day. Radio Nova are still giving away double ticket passes and an overnight stay in some hotel near the 02.

I truly hope MCD have egg on their face after this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

F***ing My Way!!!??? Was that sung by Axl or was it played as an outro tape???

It'll probably be like the Sid Vicious version

As for the rest of the set list, the amount of momentum killing solos is ridiculous. They pissed me off at the RDS the last time and was probably the main reason I didn't go to the Point fiasco. He's not 90 ffs. How hard can it be to do a 90-120 minute gig without a break every 10 minutes. Mick jagger can do it and he's twice as old as Axl

It'll probably be like the Sid Vicious version

As for the rest of the set list, the amount of momentum killing solos is ridiculous. They pissed me off at the RDS the last time and was probably the main reason I didn't go to the Point fiasco. He's not 90 ffs. How hard can it be to do a 90-120 minute gig without a break every 10 minutes. Mick jagger can do it and he's twice as old as Axl

Same here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

That's an awful lot of cover's :eek:

ozzy jr wrote: »
    That's an awful lot of s***e :eek:

Fixxed. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

I have a few bootlegs from the 2010/2011 tour and they played My Way over the PA a few minutes after Paradise City finished up. Its the Sanatra version, not Axl, or Fred Durst, or whoever singing.... :pac:

1 week to go, and still haven't bought my ticket. No rush, it seems...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,681 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I don't care what time within reason he shows ups I just want no walk offs and standing there for half an hour not knowing what to do. That's it. Last time ya I got a full gig but the fact that all the other **** took the gloss off the whole thing.
    Well you obviously didn't learn much from your previous experience...
    I'm an eternal optimist but maybe GNR isn't something you can be optimist or certain about.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I'm an eternal optimist but maybe GNR isn't something you can be optimist or certain about.

100% agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,681 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well the band are in mother Russia so they are on this side of the lake.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,044 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

so only a week away to the show in the o2.

This will probly be the running time.

6.30- Doors open
    7.00- 7.30- Vengeance & The Panther Queen
    7.45-8.30- Thin Lizzy
    9.15- 11.45 Approx- Guns N Roses (Well we all knw it could 11.45 when there starting lol)

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    so only a week away to the show in the o2.

This will probly be the running time.

6.30- Doors open
    7.00- 7.30- Vengeance & The Panther Queen
    7.45-8.30- Thin Lizzy
    9.15- 11.45 Approx- Guns N Roses (Well we all knw it could 11.45 when there starting lol)

LOL or 11.45 am the next morning!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Didn't Danko Jones get over an hour last time? I reckon Thin Lizzy will get the same.

Would love to know how they got Axl on stage at almost exactly 8pm in 2006.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

LOL or 11.45 am the next morning!!!!

Seeing as it's just a week to the gig you should probably take up a hobby or order a few box sets on Amazon now Mickey, God knows what you're going to do to amuse yourself when this show is over. Your post count is going to plummet :pac:

Seeing as it's just a week to the gig you should probably take up a hobby or order a few box sets on Amazon now Mickey, God knows what you're going to do to amuse yourself when this show is over. Your post count is going to plummet :pac:

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I was just thinking, Axl Rose's lyrics are ridiculous. For example in Rocket Queen he goes from being chauvinistic at the start, obviously with the intention of sex, to being ultra sensitive at the end. Also Anything Goes the opening words are so direct and dumb they're kinda funny, actually that whole song is amusing with the big dumbass riff and the guitar vox. In My Michelle, which is about a real person, he's completely insensitive and a bit of a douche but then ends up being nice to her at the end. I find the outrageousness of his direct asshole manner combined with complete turnarounds where he gets emotional and empathetic to be entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I was just thinking, Axl Rose's lyrics are ridiculous. For example in Rocket Queen he goes from being chauvinistic at the start, obviously with the intention of sex, to being ultra sensitive at the end. Also Anything Goes the opening words are so direct and dumb they're kinda funny, actually that whole song is amusing with the big dumbass riff and the guitar vox. In My Michelle, which is about a real person, he's completely insensitive and a bit of a douche but then ends up being nice to her at the end. I find the outrageousness of his direct asshole manner combined with complete turnarounds where he gets emotional and empathetic to be entertaining.
    Lol

WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I truly hope MCD have egg on their face after this one.

Well if they don't then that post will really push them over the edge;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

WTF am I doing equating these two unrelated posts?

FYP

FYP

That was done on a smartphone. Dunno how it happened?? Meant to only quote the second one. :D:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

For the sake of the people who've shelled out the cash to go the gig,and for the sake of this thread,i hope it all passes off without incident.

I've no interest in the current incarnation of the band but i hope the fans of the band that do go get a decent,punctual and solid performance.

Mod hat on: This band and gig are a very emotive subject,particularly since the shenanigans of 2 years ago. The less moderation needed on this thread the better,so i ask nicely that posters exercise some common sense. Constructive criticism/praise/fanboyism is welcome but one line posts like "Axl is a w****r" are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

PTH2009 wrote: »
    theres a 5 day rest between the moscow and dublin shows so axl really has no excuses for being tired and giving a shambles of a performance

just saw on there website that vip tickets are available for the dublin show at $199.5 (E150) and you get the follwing
    Guns N' Roses European VIP Upgrade
    • Early Entry into the venue
    • Meet and Greet with Select Members of Guns N' Roses
    • Specially Designed Guns N' Roses Merch Item
    • Collectible Tour Poster
    • Set of Official Guns N Roses Guitar Picks
    • Commemorative Tour Laminate
    • Crowd-free merchandise shopping*
    • On-site VIP Host
    *When available
    YOU WILL NEED TO BUY A TICKET TO ATTEND THE CONCERT AND TO ATTEND THIS VIP EVENT. TICKETS ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THIS PACKAGE.

I'd bet anything that the Select Members of GnR will NOT include Mr Rose

Thats a bit of a rip. Wouldnt be too bad if it inculded the ticket price, but thats extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Wasn't he on lithium in the 80s for being a self confessed "manic depressive"?

Maybe his lyrics make sense if you see it from the bi polar perspective...

scudzilla wrote: »
    I'd bet anything that the Select Members of GnR will NOT include Mr Rose

That's a no-brainer!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Here's the setlist from last night's gig in Moscow:

INTRO

CHINESE DEMOCRACY
    WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE
    IT'S SO EASY
    MR. BROWNSTONE
    SORRY
    ROCKET QUEEN
    ESTRANGED
    RICHARD SOLO
    LIVE AND LET DIE
    THIS I LOVE
    TOMMY STINSON SOLO
    DIZZY REED SOLO
    STREET OF DREAMS
    YOU COULD BE MINE
    DJ ASHBA SOLO
    SWEET CHILD O' MINE
    BAND JAM
    AXL SOLO - BRICK IN THE WALL
    NOVEMBER RAIN
    RON THAL SOLO -- pink panther
    DON'T CRY
    BETTER
    KNOCKIN ON HEAVENS DOOR
    NIGHTRAIN
    BAND JAM
    MADAGASCAR
    BAND JAM
    PARADISE CITY

OUTRO -- Joe Dolce Shaddap You Face

Some pics and vids from the show:

Soundcheck:
    319705_307134979364446_149578221786790_709059_124563975_n.jpg

8a898c589ae311e19e4a12313813ffc0_7.jpg

548394_306624059415538_149578221786790_707429_1032007535_n.jpg

550418_464473630235325_100000180760244_105446945_637097634_n.jpg

live1z.jpg

576562_286924704734722_240259556067904_614609_703519258_n.jpg

537496_10150890840391907_694316906_9903818_458199233_n.jpg

d8a3fcd29bb711e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

Don't Cry

You Could Be Mine

Chinese Democracy

Chinese Democracy #2

Sweet Child O' Mine

Don't Cry

Live And Let Die

November Rain

Welcome To The Jungle

Street Of Dreams

BUMBLEFOOT UPLOADED HIS VIDEO TO YOUTUBE

Audience In Moscow

"For the 2012 Guns N' Roses European tour I'll be taking video of the audience at the end of each show. Send a comment if you see yourself! "

No Civil War? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    No Civil War? :(

Not in Russia since 1922

(sorry, pathetic I know)

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dublinproud

As a matter of interest what time did Axl take to the stage at?

• Advertisement

Apparently Axl even showed up for a soundcheck! Doesnt sound like that happens very often.
    As a matter of interest what time did Axl take to the stage at?

About 10:45 (conviently, right about now!). Due on at 9:30 but the support act was still going. Took nearly exactly an hour for the set changeover. Sounds like they had a problem with the pyro which delayed things.

Advertisement