Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Upper tier (apart from centre section) is closed off. Standing seems half full at max.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

Loads of empty seats here. Then again standing is better for a gnr concert. Where is that prlck axl?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭BadCompany

Looking at the recent set-lists people have posted has got me quite excited about seeing them next month! Hope Axl is on form tonight and ye all have a great night, I loved the RDS show in 2006!

Some hammered chick saw loads of people Going for Pi$$ after lizzy. Heard her crying asking a securit security guard " why is everyone leaving?". Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Motorist wrote: »
    Some hammered chick saw loads of people Going for Pi$$ after lizzy. Heard her crying asking a securit security guard " why is everyone leaving?". Ha

bit early for that but maybe she just wants to get the drama over with sooner than later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

How did big generator get to support guns. Are they that good of a band

Still no sign (22:05), stage been ready for 20 mins now

lizzy finished an hour ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dublinproud

Looks like there's not gonna be much difference to start time from 2010.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭TheGimp

Still not on. Last time it was 22:20 when they hit the stage.

Taking the piss.

• Advertisement

Funniest thing I've seen is at merch stand, all the usual tat but mugs are selling at €20 and only for sale after the show!

Intro now

Following this from downunder hehehe
    have to work so just clicked "Follow Thread" :)

Saw them in 2006 they were great !

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dublinproud

Hopefully it all goes off well now and everyone has a good time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

It seems he has taken the stage now, nice and late
    updates can be found here
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/2012/the-o2-dublin-ireland-1bdf95ec.html

Setlist
    Massive Attack Intro
    Chinese Democracy
    Welcome to the Jungle
    It's So Easy
    Mr. Brownstone
    Sorry
    Rocket Queen
    Richard Fortus Solo - James Bond Theme
    Live And Let Die
    This I Love
    Tommy Stinson Solo - Motivation???
    Dizzy Reed Solo - Baba O'Riley
    Street Of Dreams
    You Could Be Mine

zzzzzzzzzz....the same setlist they've been doing for years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

Is it over? How did Axl behave himself ;) ?

Still going - updated setlist

Splitting the Atom
    (Massive Attack song)
    Chinese Democracy
    Welcome to the Jungle
    It's So Easy
    Mr. Brownstone
    Sorry
    Rocket Queen
    Richard Fortus Guitar Solo
    (James Bond Theme)
    Live and Let Die
    (Paul McCartney & Wings cover)
    This I Love
    Motivation
    (Tommy Stinson song) (Tommy Stinson on lead vocals, with band introductions)
    Dizzy Reed Piano Solo
    (Baba O' Riley)
    Street of Dreams
    You Could Be Mine
    DJ Ashba Guitar Solo
    (Mi Amor 2.0 (new version))
    Sweet Child O' Mine
    Instrumental Jam
    (Another Brick In The Wall Pt. 2)
    Axl Rose Piano Solo
    (Goodbye Yellow Brick Road/… more)
    November Rain
    Bumblefoot Guitar Solo
    (Pink Panther Theme/Danny Boy)
    Don't Cry
    Whole Lotta Rosie
    (AC/DC cover)
    Estranged
    Knockin' On Heaven's Door
    (Bob Dylan cover)
    Nightrain
    Madagascar?
    Civil War
    Paradise City

As usual MCD are full of **** regarding their "historic encore" and "new songs" rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭rednik

Just in the door, great gig and I just hope this version bring out new material just to shut up all the negative vibes. Whole lotta Rosie brilliant. Ashba and the rest are magnificent. Now need sleep in work at 6. Thanks Axl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

delghted to see touts suffer so bad tonight :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

That. Was. Awesome!

Axl was in great form, even taking the piss out of himself over his actions last time. He was even smiling a lot!

No Madagascar or Patience were the only negatives (bar the drunk thick fcuks who were charging into everyone trying to get a mosh pit going, during Thin Lizzy!), but TWAT and Civil War made up for it.

Took them a good 40 minutes to completely clear Lizzy's set. About 20 minutes of not a lot happening, a few doing sound checks but they were off to the side so the stage was fairly empty for that time.

On at 10:20, finished about 1:10. Almost three hours and everyone was bang on form. Axl's voice wasn't 100% on some songs, but on average was about 90% which is great compared to how it was only a few months ago. Sorry seemed to bomb as usual, the solo's even got better reactions. They need to leave that one at home in future, maybe bring back IRS?

Thin Lizzy were class, but did lose people when they played a couple of songs that weren't huge hits. They easily recovered and gave a great 1 hour set. The other group meanwhile. Well, the band are fairly good, but the singer is abysmal. They won't get far if they stick with her.

Definitely made up for last time imo. Wasn't sold out but everyone who was there, was an actual fan. Last time there were a lot of people who obviously had no interest and just caused trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

What a difference two years make. A great night was had and I had a bad tastes in my mouth after last time but tonight I'm buzzing.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

mega night! was up front, got up close with Ashba during nighttrain. i will admit i plucked at the guitar strings but i wasnt the only one. some craic with the lassie beside me who had her bra paraded around stage by bumblefoot and ashba. it was unreal tonight. the first band were dire. oh lord. the sound for them was horrible. lizzy were great and gnr just blew it out of the water. great show. axl all is forgiven!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,669 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Was anything thrown?

How did the crowd behave?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Adrift

Crowd were fantastic this time, everyone knew exactly what to expect, staff included. We were told going in the door they wouldn't be on before 10, but sure we never thought any different.

Crowd were very subdued for Lizzy, but as soon as G N' R were on and settled the place was rocking. Din't see many leave at all really on account of the tardiness, everyone knew they were in for a late one.

The band rocked, those guitarists really are serious players. Bumblefoot's solo version of Don't Cry was the business, the band joined in for the second half of that one. All leads were nailed too. Other highlights were Estranged, Civil War, November Rain etc etc etc.

Axl has a sense of Humour it would seem. The band arrived on stage at exactly 10.20. The reaction couldn't have been more different this time though.Some of his comments were funny too "Thanks for not throwing ****" and "Most of you know I had a little accident at the weekend, so I'm not running and jumping quite as much as I'd like too,though I am moving a lot more than I did last time I was here!"

Can't argue with the 3hr set, great value for money, irrespective of finishing time.

I'd estimate there was about 8,500 at it, definitely lost the scumbag element that was present last time round, made for a much better atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

WHAT A NIGHT!!!!!!!

Axl Rose was on fire, an incredible performer, and the band were so in key. But, more importantly, the people of Dublin gave him exactly what he wanted and there wasn't a single boo. Besides, most of the scumbags were too high, so when Axl did come on I had about four people beside me just holding their heads in their hands and falling on the ground completely spaced out....quite funny when you think about it....

I didn't see anyone even try and launch a bottle, best crowd ever, even Fortus and Ron started clapping when Axl thanked the crowd for their patience - and then he even made fun of himself over last time haha

Panther and the Black Queen or whatever they're called were ****ing useless! Absolute **** and I couldn't get behind any of their material. That girl at the front needs to just get her **** together.

Thin Lizzy... I can't fault what great songs these are, but they just remind me of what a legend Phil Lynott was, and what great session players these men are. That guy fronting Thin Lizzy sounds a lot like Phil at times though, which isn't really what you want, because it makes you think they've turned on the Greatest Hits lol...still, a really enjoyable set, but I think they'd thrown in a few numbers to extend the set...didn't understand why there were six members of this band and only three of the original Thin Lizzy. But anyway, still, did think as a support they got the crowd going. During 'Whiskey In The Jar' though all I taught of was this....;)

Guns N' Roses.... Incredible set, Mental Mickey will be silenced this morning (JOKE) and this really was more then even I (by some definitions a hardcore fan) was even expecting...what a sound, it just exploded when Axl came out and the people just gave him the energy he wanted...we didn't even seem to mind that the injury affected his ability to run around like a lunatic, as he said himself, it was more then he'd done the last time lol

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THEM AGAIN NEXT WEEK IN NEWCASTLE!!!!!

OH, AND I MET BUMBLEFOOT BEFORE THE SHOW, FINALLY...PICTURE SOON

AND, MOST IMPORTANTLY, I MET scudzilla AND HIS MISSUS IN THE CROWD, SERIOUSLY, WHAT A LEGEND...WAS REALLY NICE TO FINALLY MEET SOMEONE ELSE FROM ROCK AND METAL WHOSE POSTS I'VE BEEN READING FOR YEARS IN ENGLAND TO KEEP ME SANE AND ON THE PATH OF IRISHNESS

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

WHAT A NIGHT!!!!!!!

Axl Rose was on fire, an incredible performer, and the band were so in key. But, more importantly, the people of Dublin gave him exactly what he wanted and there wasn't a single boo. Besides, most of the scumbags were too high, so when Axl did come on I had about four people beside me just holding their heads in their hands and falling on the ground completely spaced out....quite funny when you think about it....

I didn't see anyone even try and launch a bottle, best crowd ever, even Fortus and Ron started clapping when Axl thanked the crowd for their patience - and then he even made fun of himself over last time haha

Panther and the Black Queen or whatever they're called were ****ing useless! Absolute **** and I couldn't get behind any of their material. That girl at the front needs to just get her **** together.

Thin Lizzy... I can't fault what great songs these are, but they just remind me of what a legend Phil Lynott was, and what great session players these men are. That guy fronting Thin Lizzy sounds a lot like Phil at times though, which isn't really what you want, because it makes you think they've turned on the Greatest Hits lol...still, a really enjoyable set, but I think they'd thrown in a few numbers to extend the set...didn't understand why there were six members of this band and only three of the original Thin Lizzy. But anyway, still, did think as a support they got the crowd going. During 'Whiskey In The Jar' though all I taught of was this....;)

Guns N' Roses.... Incredible set, Mental Mickey will be silenced this morning (JOKE) and this really was more then even I (by some definitions a hardcore fan) was even expecting...what a sound, it just exploded when Axl came out and the people just gave him the energy he wanted...we didn't even seem to mind that the injury affected his ability to run around like a lunatic, as he said himself, it was more then he'd done the last time lol

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THEM AGAIN NEXT WEEK IN NEWCASTLE!!!!!

OH, AND I MET BUMBLEFOOT BEFORE THE SHOW, FINALLY...PICTURE SOON

AND, MOST IMPORTANTLY, I MET scudzilla AND HIS MISSUS IN THE CROWD, SERIOUSLY, WHAT A LEGEND...WAS REALLY NICE TO FINALLY MEET SOMEONE ELSE FROM ROCK AND METAL WHOSE POSTS I'VE BEEN READING FOR YEARS IN ENGLAND TO KEEP ME SANE AND ON THE PATH OF IRISHNESS

Me and my mates were there and were not from Dublin-great show none the less

Me and my mates were there and were not from Dublin-great show none the less

I do apologize, I mean the people of Ireland or the crowd in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

6 guitar/piano solo's?!

Oh dear.

• Advertisement

Me and Mr Foot

385757_10151786685735145_810160144_24408618_1144215345_n.jpg

Advertisement