Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Didn't Danko Jones get over an hour last time? I reckon Thin Lizzy will get the same.

Would love to know how they got Axl on stage at almost exactly 8pm in 2006.
    Potential fine and he wanted to get back to london

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

i 'think' i seen them at Donington that same weekend in 06, he came on 3 minutes early!! Sure he had a few hissy fits and walked off cos his 'Dancing Area' was wet (Said on the mic, "if you can't do your fcukin job i can't do mine" to a roadie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

About 10:45. Due on at 9:30 but the support act was still going. Took nearly exactly an hour for the set changeover. Sounds like they had a problem with the pyro which delayed things.

Would you say that was a legit reason or just a made up excuse because Axl was being Axl?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Would you say that was a legit reason or just a made up excuse because Axl was being Axl?
    No clue. Him being at soundcheck makes me think it was legit, but, it's pushing 11pm and they havent gone on yet tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dublinproud

Was seriously thinking of picking up tickets for this but wanted to wait and see how the other 2 gigs beforehand went.

By the looks of things Axl is gonna pull the same crap. I wouldn't wanna be there if he doesn't come on til 10:45...The last time was bad enough!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Was seriously thinking of picking up tickets for this but wanted to wait and see how the other 2 gigs beforehand went.

By the looks of things Axl is gonna pull the same crap. I wouldn't wanna be there if he doesn't come on til 10:45...The last time was bad enough!

I'd like to think that MCD had some sense and put major penalty clauses into the contract for this gig like if he doesn't get to the stage at a reasonable time, they don't get paid.

11:20 and apparently he has only left the hotel now! :rolleyes:

I will cut them a little slack tonight (maybe last night too), as it's the weekend. If it were midweek (like the Dublin show) he cant possibly get away with that.

You'll probably still get ticket's on the day, worst case scenario, you get a Thin Lizzy show to enjoy before hand.

I'd like to think that MCD had some sense and put major penalty clauses into the contract for this gig like if he doesn't get to the stage at a reasonable time, they don't get paid.
    You'd think promotors all over the world would have done the same but it doesnt seem to have happened. It's not a new thing either, he's been doing it for 25 years.

11:20 and apparently he has only left the hotel now! :rolleyes:

How did you find that out or is it just interwebs heresay?

11:40 and they are on. Apprently the crowd were starting to get annoyed but they came on before anything could happen.
    scudzilla wrote: »
    How did you find that out or is it just interwebs heresay?

Russian GNR sites. Doing as it happens updates and someone reported they seen him leaving the hotel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

They'd be very fcukin stupid if they don't put something in the contract, giving what happened last time.

Hope the gig goes well, but we're talking about Axl Rose here. The man's a law unto himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,027 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

wonder what Axl and co are going to do in Dublin for the days leading up to the show. When are they due to land in Ireland ??

PTH2009 wrote: »
    wonder what Axl and co are going to do in Dublin for the days leading up to the show. When are they due to land in Ireland ??

I'd say the band will arrive tomorrow (check out ashba's twitter for updates), Axl will probably base himself in London for the Euro tour.
    If ya wanna meet them then i'll give ya a clue.

Winter, Spring, Summer, Autumn ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Adrift

I got two tickets for this a few weeks back. I'm prepared for a late show to be honest, but what's the general consensus? Do people think that there's a genuine chance the band will be on time this time round?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Adrift wrote: »
    Do people think that there's a genuine chance the band will be on time this time round?

The band will be on time, it's the singer that's the problem!

Adrift wrote: »
    I got two tickets for this a few weeks back. I'm prepared for a late show to be honest, but what's the general consensus? Do people think that there's a genuine chance the band will be on time this time round?

I don't think they give an actual time, do they? For Axl, that means he is always on time. I'd expect them on at a reasonable time, but probably not what would be the expected time.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,027 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

id say gnr will start at round 9.45-10pm.

It always seems to be second nights that axl is always late. He was on time for the first moscow show on the 11th and then late for the second show on the 12th.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭fallen01angel

Sorry if someone already asked this question but I've been mentally arguing with myself for weeks on whether or not to chance it 2nd time around(cost me about 300 euros=tickets/hotel/train etc last time)...are there many going this time who got burned last Sept?

Sorry if someone already asked this question but I've been mentally arguing with myself for weeks on whether or not to chance it 2nd time around(cost me about 300 euros=tickets/hotel/train etc last time)...are there many going this time who got burned last Sept?

I didn't go in Sept but am goin Thurs night, purely because i picked up a pair of really cheap Standing tix, 60 for both i think.

Go on www.adverts.ie, there's plenty of tickets out there, offer 30quid for one, i'd say you'd get it, not much of a risk then.

Where ya comin from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,609 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

fool me once...

I was there last year. Not a chance am i going this year. (or to one of his 'shows' ever again)

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Adrift

I was on to the O2 there. They are adament that the show will be over by 1100pm..............we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Does anybody know how his voice has been the last few gigs? It was terrible for the american dates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

i would be more concerned with some idiot in the crowd throwing a bottle than Axl's voice or what time he turns up at. That's all it will take to mess up everyone's night. I certainly wouldn't risk it if it was costing me €300, I'd happily go along on a €30 ticket though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

ozzy jr wrote: »
    i would be more concerned with some idiot in the crowd throwing a bottle than Axl's voice or what time he turns up at. That's all it will take to mess up everyone's night. I certainly wouldn't risk it if it was costing me €300, I'd happily go along on a €30 ticket though.

not really, sure he will be late that's fine, but if he cant even sing any more, then what's the point in him even showing up

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭fallen01angel

I didn't go in Sept but am goin Thurs night, purely because i picked up a pair of really cheap Standing tix, 60 for both i think.

Go on www.adverts.ie, there's plenty of tickets out there, offer 30quid for one, i'd say you'd get it, not much of a risk then.

Where ya comin from?

I had travelled from Cork on my ownsome and I've finally decided not to part with anymore cash to see this guy, I was furious about my treatment (told to leave by security last Sept cos it was "over" etc).I really hope the little s**t decides to treat his fans better this time around.....

darryn wrote: »
    not really, sure he will be late that's fine, but if he cant even sing any more, then what's the point in him even showing up

Money. End of story.

darryn wrote: »
    Money. End of story.

Or he's only come back to boost your Post Count ;)

Or he's only come back to boost your Post Count ;)

LOL

• Advertisement

The only people who got burned were those that left. Everybody else got a show, albeit later than anyone would have liked. Nobody told me to leave, and nobody told anyone close to me to leave. If you left, it's your own fault.

If you don't have anything on Friday, and can get cheap tickets, I'd go.

Advertisement