Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    The only people who got burned were those that left. Everybody else got a show, albeit later than anyone would have liked. Nobody told me to leave, and nobody told anyone close to me to leave. If you left, it's your own fault.

If you don't have anything on Friday, and can get cheap tickets, I'd go.

If ya get tickets for the gig on Friday then they'll be worthless as it's on Thursday ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

scudzilla wrote: »
    If ya get tickets for the gig on Friday then they'll be worthless as it's on Thursday ;)

I think he means Thursday will be a late one

• Registered Users Posts: 34,555 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Nobody told me to leave, and nobody told anyone close to me to leave. If you left, it's your own fault.

Yep, because your own experience of the security staff and the people around you was 100% reflective of the rest of the thousands of people in the audience.

Oh no wait, it wasn't.

I had several members of staff tell me (and witnessed them telling others) it was over and pointed us in the direction of the exit.

Obviously I must have been hallucinating though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

o1s1n wrote: »
    Yep, because your own experience of the security staff and the people around you was 100% reflective of the rest of the thousands of people in the audience.

Oh no wait, it wasn't.

I had several members of staff tell me (and witnessed them telling others) it was over and pointed us in the direction of the exit.

Obviously I must have been hallucinating though.
    I had a good look around and the only security I seen that wasnt just standing and watching, were those who went to the general area the bottles (that sent Axl off) had come from. I didnt see any security telling anyone to leave, but did see people leaving of their own free will. Talking to some random guy and he couldnt figure out why people were leaving either. He insisted he was going to be the last person there and even then he wouldnt be leaving too eagerly. Anyone else was the same, they werent leaving any time soon.

If you decided to just leave without questioning it, then it's still your own problem. Nobody forced you to leave. If a few of the security guards were over eager to get home, and started telling people to go, its still your fault for just going straight away. Axl has a history of walking off stage, but usually comes back. If you werent willing to wait a few minutes to see what was happening, again, thats your fault.

They came back on and did the show they were advertised for, just with an unschedualed intermission. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I see a Dublin band by the name of Black Panther and the Queen Vengeance (or something to that effect) have been added to the bill on Thursday. I am delighted for the members personally as I'm sure they're chuffed.

I'm unsurprised that I haven't heard of them and I assume it'll be another My Little Funhouse situation all over again (although, granted, My Little Funhouse were talented and didn't sound like a badly dubbed female version of Avenged Sevenfold) - I've checked out this new lot on MySpace and I'm disappointed.

I don't know why MCD doesn't insist on finding bands who are actually making a mark on the Irish live scene as opposed to randomly adding bands from the local area who were inspired by GNR and Thin Lizzy (NEWSFLASH: A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE)

Anyway, still, looking forward to this one - flying in tomorrow and getting packed (inbetween posting rants)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I see a Dublin band by the name of Black Panther and the Queen Vengeance (or something to that effect) have been added to the bill on Thursday. I am delighted for the members personally as I'm sure they're chuffed.

I'm unsurprised that I haven't heard of them and I assume it'll be another My Little Funhouse situation all over again (although, granted, My Little Funhouse were talented and didn't sound like a badly dubbed female version of Avenged Sevenfold) - I've checked out this new lot on MySpace and I'm disappointed.

I don't know why MCD doesn't insist on finding bands who are actually making a mark on the Irish live scene as opposed to randomly adding bands from the local area who were inspired by GNR and Thin Lizzy (NEWSFLASH: A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE)

Anyway, still, looking forward to this one - flying in tomorrow and getting packed (inbetween posting rants)
    Two possible reasons:
    1. Axle doesn't want to be shown up
    2. They are to cheap to actually put on a proper/full show

... 3. They can make more money by putting a popular band in a smaller venue and selling more tickets

Bluefoam wrote: »
    ... 3. They can make more money by putting a popular band in a smaller venue and selling more tickets

True, but it won't stop MCD from promoting the hell out of this band in the next few weeks as the band who "opened for Guns N' Roses" as if that suddenly makes them worth seeing by association - I'm surprised MCD were able to swing it, normally Axl hates the support bands unless he personally chooses them so it's a miracle they got on the bill at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Refresh my memory on events at the last gig.

Started late,
    Got hit with bottle, stopped and warned crowd,
    Started again
    Got hit again and walked off.
    Long break.....No one knew what was happening.
    Came back and played full set, but just went through the motions.

Is that about the gist of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,638 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

ozzy jr wrote: »

Started late,
    Started again

Yup seems so. There are tons of vids on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭fallen01angel

I had a good look around and the only security I seen that wasnt just standing and watching, were those who went to the general area the bottles (that sent Axl off) had come from. I didnt see any security telling anyone to leave, but did see people leaving of their own free will. Talking to some random guy and he couldnt figure out why people were leaving either. He insisted he was going to be the last person there and even then he wouldnt be leaving too eagerly. Anyone else was the same, they werent leaving any time soon.

If you decided to just leave without questioning it, then it's still your own problem. Nobody forced you to leave. If a few of the security guards were over eager to get home, and started telling people to go, its still your fault for just going straight away. Axl has a history of walking off stage, but usually comes back. If you werent willing to wait a few minutes to see what was happening, again, thats your fault.

They came back on and did the show they were advertised for, just with an unschedualed intermission. :pac:

Again I was instructed by security to leave was told the band would not be coming back,witnessed others being told the same thing(and no I wasn't one of the "fans" that threw bottles etc) and since I had travelled to the gig on my own I certainly wasn't going to hang around and see if a bad situation got worse......As for Axl "usually" coming back maybe you should check out the Montreal footage just for starters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

In regards the random support act, they will probably be done before Axl even gets there. He might not even know they are on the bill!
    ozzy jr wrote: »

Started late,
    Started again

Axl went through the motions, the rest still gave a proper show. I reckon he might have been forced back on stage. Add in the fact he was probably already pissed off due to his ear piece not working, and I wouldn't fancy having to try convince him to do anything.
    Again I was instructed by security to leave was told the band would not be coming back,witnessed others being told the same thing(and no I wasn't one of the "fans" that threw bottles etc) and since I had travelled to the gig on my own I certainly wasn't going to hang around and see if a bad situation got worse......As for Axl "usually" coming back maybe you should check out the Montreal footage just for starters.

Fair enough. I personally wouldn't have been in any hurry to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

To clarify:

No one got hit by a bottle
    A plastic beaker was thrown on stage, it did not hit anyone
    Another plastic beaker was thrown on stage

Stop saying he was hit by a bottle. It never happened.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

Sour grapes for leaving there id say :p
    Poor you for taking the word of some security person over a general announcement from the promoter
    I saw no security telling people to go we stayed and saw the full gig

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

In regards the random support act, they will probably be done before Axl even gets there. He might not even know they are on the bill!

Axl went through the motions, the rest still gave a proper show. I reckon he might have been forced back on stage. Add in the fact he was probably already pissed off due to his ear piece not working, and I wouldn't fancy having to try convince him to do anything.

Fair enough. I personally wouldn't have been in any hurry to leave.

I think anyone who knows anything about GNR stayed and those with limited knowledge left -hes done it on so many occasions it wasnt a surprise to leave and then return.

I think anyone who knows anything about GNR stayed and those with limited knowledge left -hes done it on so many occasions it wasnt a surprise to leave and then return.

His "antics"(turning up late etc), are getting bloody tiresome after years of doing the same thing.......

You'd think he would've copped on by now, and started to give proper shows, instead of throwing hissy fits at the drop of a hat(or bottle/beaker)??

IMO, his record of behaviour over the years shows a total disrespect for the promoters, his fellow band members, and most importantly, the people who pay to go see him - the FANS.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

The only people who got burned were those that left. Everybody else got a show,.

A sh!t show yeah!! :pac:

Ah I'd say he will definitely know - with Axl's ego theres no way he would let someone use his bands name in that way (that motley described)

Axl went through the motions,

The reason it was a sh!t show - just not enjoyable when the lead singer (the heart and soul of the band) is actung like a spolt petulant child!
    I reckon he might have been forced back on stage.

No reckon about it - he was 100% forced back on stage. He first tried to storm out of the building (and into all the on rushing pissed off fans that left), his head of secutriy got him back in and was promptly fired on the spot. Then Dennis Desmond (head of MCD) tried to talk to him and Axl swong a few digs at him, I'd say that's all the ammo Desmond needed and Axl then had no choice unless he wanted to be done for breach of contract AND assault!

For the people that are going I really hope you get more of a 2006 RDS show (which was amazing imo) then the antics of 2 years ago! Hope it's a kick ass show!

A sh!t show yeah!! :pac:

Ah I'd say he will definitely know - with Axl's ego theres no way he would let someone use his bands name in that way (that motley described)

The reason it was a sh!t show - just not enjoyable when the lead singer (the heart and soul of the band) is actung like a spolt petulant child!

No reckon about it - he was 100% forced back on stage. He first tried to storm out of the building (and into all the on rushing pissed off fans that left), his head of secutriy got him back in and was promptly fired on the spot. Then Dennis Desmond (head of MCD) tried to talk to him and Axl swong a few digs at him, I'd say that's all the ammo Desmond needed and Axl then had no choice unless he wanted to be done for breach of contract AND assault!

For the people that are going I really hope you get more of a 2006 RDS show (which was amazing imo) then the antics of 2 years ago! Hope it's a kick ass show!

Completely agree with all of this.

Oh, and fixxed. It was 2006 in the RDS, I was there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Swore after last time i wouldint go but times a great healer could not sit at home knowing im missing a gnr show in dublin ,suprisngly the last gig when he went thru the motions he sang amazing cause he wasint running around like a lunatic but he was infuriating to look at!! roll on tomorrow night friend swung vip for me and the missus so will wait for the enigma in comfort!

Also there rehearsing in dublin anyone know where??

Swore after last time i wouldint go but times a great healer could not sit at home knowing im missing a gnr show in dublin ,suprisngly the last gig when he went thru the motions he sang amazing cause he wasint running around like a lunatic but he was infuriating to look at!! roll on tomorrow night friend swung vip for me and the missus so will wait for the enigma in comfort!

Also there rehearsing in dublin anyone know where??[/
    QUOTE]

Billy Barry School Of Dance. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Ah so thats where there rumoured appearance on the late late toy show came from ...axl plays rudolf the red nose reindeer backed by the billy barry brats

• Advertisement

Ah so thats where there rumoured appearance on the late late toy show came from ...axl plays rudolf the red nose reindeer backed by the billy barry brats

:D

On a side note, they played Slane Castle on this day, 20 years ago. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

On a side note, they played Slane Castle on this day, 20 years ago. :eek:

They were late on stage that day too.

My best memory from that day (apart from FNM) was the Coke cup throwing and the threats made by some woman on stage about the band not coming on unless it stopped

My best memory from that day (apart from FNM) was the Coke cup throwing and the threats made by some woman on stage about the band not coming on unless it stopped

Yup. As I said previously, he's been doing it for years, and still hasn't copped on that people are p****d off.

I'm not surprised that the orginal band fell apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Black Panther and the Queen Vengance are rather good. They are Mick Pyro's new band. Mick is rather good on the guitar, he did a class version of Emerald at this years vibe for philo and his solo was pure class, not what I expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Paddy GT

Granted Google Translate is sketchy but apparently he is still in Moscow after falling off a table in a club....

http://www.dv.kp.ru/daily/25883/2845548/

Well at least you can't accuse the guy of being boring

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

The innocence of it all.:)

Despite not being one of the best shows i've been too,it's probably one of the best days out i've ever had. Scorching hot day,fabulous arena,FNM blowing away a largely ambivalent audience and GN'R,despite being a bloated monster with backing singers and horn section,putting on a pretty good show.

Paddy GT wrote: »
    Granted Google Translate is sketchy but apparently he is still in Moscow after falling off a table in a club....

http://www.dv.kp.ru/daily/25883/2845548/

Well at least you can't accuse the guy of being boring

He must've been listening to that Lou Reed/Metallica song with the lyrics "I am the table"!!??:D

In all seriousness, though, wtf was he doing that resulted in him falling off one?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,916 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

so more than likely axl will be late tomorrow night if hes having trouble walking.

He probly arrive in Dublin tonight or tomorrow morning so straight to his four seasons bed he should go and get some rest and be at the gig for 6pm so he can prepare and than come on stage at 9.15.

Im staying in the gibson across from the o2 so im in for an all nighter in the o2 :D

• Advertisement

Jesus Axl, get your **** together, come to Ireland...the rest of the band have been here since the weekend

And now I'm here too

Advertisement