Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Everyone gets a solo at some point. Yawn......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭2cool4school

apparently axl isnt even in ireland yet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I heard he fell off a table at a strip club...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,638 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I heard he fell off a table at a strip club...

Is that what he's doing for money nowadays??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

where did you hear that lol, that would be brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Doors are 6:30 so I'm guessing the first act will be on about 7? Meaning Guns wont be due on until sometime after 9 anyway.
    He's based in London. It was the same last time. He normally lands then goes straight to the show, which explains why he rarely goes on stage on time. He does be only after getting there most nights.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Doors are 6:30 so I'm guessing the first act will be on about 7? Meaning Guns wont be due on until sometime after 9 anyway.

He's based in London. It was the same last time. He normally lands then goes straight to the show, which explains why he rarely goes on stage on time. He does be only after getting there most nights

That's shoddy preparation, and shoddy disrespect for the gig organisers/fans.

That's shoddy preparation, and shoddy disrespect for the gig organisers/fans.
    I think the only exception is if it's a long flight, like the Russia shows. He was at the soundcheck the first night and everything!

It's different when it's a short flight like London to Dublin (about an hour?), he doesnt seem to feel the need to be there before he's needed. He cant really do much as he doesnt play any instruments and he pays people to make sure everything works for him. I dont agree with it, but there is really no need for him until show time. I'd rather he at least be in the country though.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I think the only exception is if it's a long flight, like the Russia shows. He was at the soundcheck the first night and everything!

It's different when it's a short flight like London to Dublin (about an hour?), he doesnt seem to feel the need to be there before he's needed. He cant really do much as he doesnt play any instruments and he pays people to make sure everything works for him. I dont agree with it, but there is really no need for him until show time. I'd rather he at least be in the country though.

This is what I mean. The least he can do is be in the country on the morning of the gig???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Wouldn't it be funny if Dublin airport was hit by a sudden blast of fog and no planes could land?

• Advertisement

Wouldn't it be funny if Dublin airport was hit by a sudden blast of fog and no planes could land?

Not really?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭RayCon

Somebody should develope a "Where's Axl Now ?" App ...

RayCon wrote: »
    Somebody should develope a "Where's Axl Now ?" App ...

LOL or a special edition Garmin Axl Sat Nav

• Registered Users Posts: 39,627 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Thin Lizzy said on their Facebook page yesterday they would be on stage at 8.30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭TheGimp

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Thin Lizzy said on their Facebook page yesterday they would be on stage at 8.30.

7:30pm according to the latest update.

Id have guess about 7:45 myself. Just about ready to go now, takes about an hour to get there.

MCD just tweeted that tonights encore will be historic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Latest encore ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,917 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

TheGimp wrote: »

Probly be a song with the lizzy band members or dare I say it something with an ex band member ie izzy. We have to wait and see.

Good crowd heading to the concert already

PTH2009 wrote: »
    TheGimp wrote: »

Probly be a song with the lizzy band members or dare I say it something with an ex band member ie izzy. We have to wait and see.

Bet it is a jam with Lizzy on Paradise City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

PTH2009 wrote: »

It better not be....I sold my ticket today :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Ashba just tweeted that he's re-written his "Mi Amor" solo and will play it tonight. So, new solos from Bumblefoot, Ashba. "Historic" encore. Can't wait for this gig :D \m/
    Dj ASHBA ‏@DjASHBA

I re-wrote My solo "Mi Amor" and took it to a whole new level. Thinking about playing the new version tonight, Do you think I should?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Heading in now, hope he's on time as gotta be in the airport for 4am

Lizzy been on for an hour now and showin no signs of leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dublinproud

scudzilla wrote: »
    Lizzy been on for an hour now and showin no signs of leaving.

Keep the updates coming if you can please!

Are the crowd getting itchy?

• Registered Users Posts: 72,127 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

fingers-crossed_sxc-776014.jpg

Lizzy just left the stage (21:20)

Does it look sold out? What is the mood in the arena like?

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

scudzilla wrote: »
    Lizzy just left the stage (21:20)
    Oh Cool..Reports from the Frontline:D

Think MCD missed a trick here..would have definetely paid €20 to watch this live on a PayPerView Webcast similiar to paying for a boxing fight on Sky. If he gots bottled or worse and storms off i just take it like the boxer got knocked out in the 1st Round :)

But hope it goes the distance for ye all ..probably as many security on the ground floor as fans:pac:

• Advertisement

Not a great atmosphere here, a few things been lobbed about. People seem very apprehensive. Stage is all set up and ready to go.

Advertisement