Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

GN'R & N.W.A were supposed to tour together in '91
    On the cusp of the Nineties, there were no two groups more embattled or controversial than Guns N' Roses and N.W.A, so it made perfect sense that Hollywood's biggest rock band and Compton's finest rap ensemble would see each other as kindred spirits. Axl Rose made it a point of wearing an N.W.A cap onstage and in videos, while N.W.A's Appetite for Destruction – from their 1991 album Niggaz4Life – was partly inspired by the GN'R album of the same name. The two groups even socialized a bit, hanging out together at backyard barbecues and at GN'R's L.A. Forum shows in the summer of 1991, and the idea of doing concerts together was briefly raised.

N.W.A's DJ Yella told Rolling Stone in 2016.
    We were supposed to do a couple of shows with them, but our manager got too greedy, They wanted to give us $25,000 for 10 minutes, but our management wanted $50,000 so it didn't work. Given the wide swath of devastation that both groups left in their respective wakes while on tour, one can only imagine the insanity that would have resulted from pairing them together on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    GN'R & N.W.A were supposed to tour together in '91

N.W.A's DJ Yella told Rolling Stone in 2016.

When you think about it, it's a sort of sad that in today's gotta be carefull how i say this... overly political correct climate we live in, they're two bands that wouldn't be allowed to succeed and be boycotted .

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

When you think about it, it's a sort of sad that in today's gotta be carefull how i say this... overly political correct climate we live in, they're two bands that wouldn't be allowed to succeed and be boycotted .

Wha?

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Good video but left out the main highlight of the gig. The RED EXIT :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 37,999 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The finland gig last saturday has a similar layout too Slane

19601521_10155520846903069_8891190224554423944_n.jpg?oh=dfe27c3b3ecb5e41b75a0b59edd5ec05&oe=5A10DD4B

the amount of places there visiting the $$$$ is surly flowing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,657 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The finland gig last saturday has a similar layout too Slane

19601521_10155520846903069_8891190224554423944_n.jpg?oh=dfe27c3b3ecb5e41b75a0b59edd5ec05&oe=5A10DD4B

the amount of places there visiting the $$$$ is surly flowing

I'd say it is, which makes you wonder why they couldn't split it a bit more even to get mr stradlin on board.

So the band are planning on starting their gig in Tel Aviv on July 15th a little earlier than expected, pissing off some of their fans.
    The band announced they would be extending their sold-out Yarkon Park concert in Tel Aviv from two and a half hours to three and a half hours. While secular fans are delighted at the prospect, religious fans of the group are angry.

This is due to a law forbidding performances in Yarkon Park past 11:30pm. As such, to accommodate the additional hour, organizers were forced to begin the show earlier at 8pm, before Shabbat ends.

If the show had begun at the original starting time, Shabbat observant fans would have only missed a small portion of the concert. However, with the new starting time, they will miss a larger portion of the concert.

The band's decision is not subject to discussion with local production. Because the concert must end at 11:30pm in accordance with the law, we have no choice but to start the show at 8pm.

The Euro leg ends tonight in Tel Aiv Isreal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

The Euro leg ends tonight in Tel Aiv Isreal

Israel is in Asia :D

Their an hour into their set in Israel.

• Advertisement

From a live Instagram video guns n roses just put up they are starting paradise city.

I wonder what suprises there will be at the Apollo theatre in the us in a a few days time ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    From a live Instagram video guns n roses just put up they are starting paradise city.

I wonder what suprises there will be at the Apollo theatre in the us in a a few days time ?

Realistically nothing.. They'll do their usual 2 & a half hour set. Apollo Theatre, New York City good ****ing night & band bow.

Optimistically hoping Izzy & Steven show up, original 5 play Appetite from start to finish, maybe a new album announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Realistically nothing.. They'll do their usual 2 & a half hour set. Apollo Theatre, New York City good ****ing night & band bow.

Optimistically hoping Izzy & Steven show up, original 5 play Appetite from start to finish, maybe a new album announcement.
    Optimistically would be a dream come through but with Izzy and Steve / Richard and Frank Axl is dammed if he does dammed if he doesn't ...what does he do ditch the two longest serving members outside Dizzy for a 50 yr old with the mind of a hyper active 20 yr old and a lad that isnt really all that arsed. And as for Mellissa no doubting her talent from u tube vids outside Gnr but what she brings to the band in its current form I'll never know.

as for Mellissa no doubting her talent from u tube vids outside Gnr but what she brings to the band in its current form I'll never know.

Sex appeal ????

But that could be creepy as most of the band are over 50

Guess we have to wait for the next doc/book too find out the reason why she's considered a good fit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

as for Mellissa no doubting her talent from u tube vids outside Gnr but what she brings to the band in its current form I'll never know.

Sex appeal ????

Guess we have to wait for the next doc/book too find out the reason why she's considered a good fit
    The band can bring that all by themselves. I see no point in her either bar backing his singing.

Optimistically would be a dream come through but with Izzy and Steve / Richard and Frank Axl is dammed if he does dammed if he doesn't ...what does he do ditch the two longest serving members outside Dizzy for a 50 yr old with the mind of a hyper active 20 yr old and a lad that isnt really all that arsed. And as for Mellissa no doubting her talent from u tube vids outside Gnr but what she brings to the band in its current form I'll never know.

This is where I kind of don't envy Axl if i'm being honest.
    Sex appeal ????

Plus most of them have partners/girlfriends, not sure about Axl.
    PucaMama wrote: »
    The band can bring that all by themselves. I see no point in her either bar backing his singing.

The reason Melissa was brought in was to do the parts Pitman used to do, especially on the Chinese stuff, given how produced the songs are. I don't mind her being there, cool opportunity and what not for a 20 something year old. But that's just my opinion.

Nightrain soundboard from Coachella.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Whoaah Axl sounds pretty damn good

I imagine there will be a DVD release of a show from this tour

this tour would make a killer Documentary too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,961 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

PTH2009 wrote:
    I imagine there will be a DVD release of a show from this tour

Damn right there will be, the money tour!

I'd take a live album from any of the tour stops over a DVD/documentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

I'd take a live album from any of the tour stops over a DVD/documentary.

I'll take both in a box set.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Next time! $$$ :)

Probably festivals next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Metallica + GnR at Download next year, I'd put my house on it.

D.Q wrote: »

Co-headlining tour similar to '92, albeit this time without Axl's King Dick shenanigans.

D.Q wrote: »

they need big names for 2018 after this years average line up

Dont think GNR will play here next year but then again $$$$$

Ill gladly take a box set with a live DVD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

What's going on here then? Are they basically just plugging the gig and the radio station to coincide with the anniversary? Surely if they were releasing something Appetite related (box set, etc) it would have been announced ages ago?

https://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n-roses-confirm-appetite-destruction-30th-anniversary-celebration-awesome-way/

Advertisement