Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

He kinda struggled with the last verse in You could be mine 20 years ago with running out of breath but he also used to run around around like a lunatic across the stage!

I rarely heard coma live from back in the day but I'd imagine it's tough alright. I'd also imagine those songs were hard to sing in his prime in a studio environment never mind singing live for another few decades!

Slash was top drawer with the string break indeed. You'd have to think fast and move high up on the b string to compensate

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Zico !

The only gig so far that matched slane was Italy last night-great gig

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭darrenw5O94

I wonder are they still playing 'Black Hole Sun'?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I wonder are they still playing 'Black Hole Sun'?

Yeah it's still in their set.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭XsApollo

They didn't play coma much back in the day.
    I know they played it in Chicago 92 below

I think I remember seeing one more somewhere.
    Or is there more?

Anyway he is pretty gassed at the end but the last minute or 2 is hard going.

• Advertisement

XsApollo wrote: »

Or is there more?

Fixed your link

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Inviere

XsApollo wrote: »

Or is there more?

He's totally gassed by the end, but jesus, the tone of his voice throughout the whole thing is outstanding. I know to expect that same level of 'wow' 25 years on isn't that realistic, but all things considered, that slane clip is a mobile phone recording too so some of the performance is lost there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Videos definatley don't do him justice.
    I was at slane and he sounded unreal,
    He can still belt them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,627 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I know it's over two weeks since slane(Christ where is the time going) and I have to say that I thought frank did a great job on the drums. I think it's a bad idea to watch video of bands before you see them. I think being there is the only way to know for definite.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I know it's over two weeks since slane(Christ where is the time going) and I have to say that I thought frank did a great job on the drums. I think it's a bad idea to watch video of bands before you see them. I think being there is the only way to know for definite.

He has had plenty of practice though :pac:

I am still on the GNR buzz since Slane, listening to them every day since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,922 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

3 more days to go til the London show cant wait

Aerosmith in the 3arena 2morrow will be a nice appetizer

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

PTH2009 wrote: »

Great few days for you alright. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Where is the show on in London?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

fin12 wrote: »
    Where is the show on in London?

West Ham's stadium out in Stratford is where it's on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Looking forward to Friday night in London. Not looking forward to be up at 4.30am on Friday morning for my flight though. Gonna be a long day! And night ;)

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Looking forward to Friday night in London. Not looking forward to be up at 4.30am on Friday morning for my flight though. Gonna be a long day! And night ;)

It'll all be worth it :D, and for those heading over for either the Friday or Saturday night respectively, enjoy the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Zico !

West Ham's stadium out in Stratford is where it's on

Voted the worst prem stadium for an atmosphere hard to get that place going

Zico ! wrote: »
    Voted the worst prem stadium for an atmosphere hard to get that place going

It's not as good as the atmosphere at Upton Park was, but if ya fill it up with 60,000 GN'R fans and it'll be a different story.

woke up dis morning and prob wont sleep til late thursday night/friday morning going to Aerosmith tonight and then straight to the airport too fly out roo Stansted at 6.25am, hotel check in is not til after 2pm thursday

cant sleep in public places or on transport, ah well plenty of caffine and i be grand . Safe travels everyone

Gnr day today in London looking forward too it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Gnr day today in London looking forward too it
    Do you know the stage times? I know gates open at 5 (on tickets) but what time will they be on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

PucaMama wrote: »
    Do you know the stage times? I know gates open at 5 (on tickets) but what time will they be on

Hoping its late enough as not finished work til 5, gotta get home and then out to Stratford. Hoping closer to 8pm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

Heading today also. Finished work at 430 and then gonna head up with a bag of cans then!

Think gnr on stage at 7.30-7.45

Staying in east ham and Heading out to the stadium at around 3pm

Great gig. Absolutely shattered been up since 4.30 travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Really enjoyed it, not as good as Slane but damn close! Thinking of going again tomorrow...depends on the hangover!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

frag420 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed it, not as good as Slane but damn close! Thinking of going again tomorrow...depends on the hangover!!
    I thought it was perfect!

Can't believe how good axl sounds. The videos don't do him justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Can't believe how good axl sounds. The videos don't do him justice.

The vids never do .
    I remember standing in slane thinking the same thing that he never sounded this good in any of the vids I've watched over the the last 15 months . And slane was the first date of this leg so with a few gigs under his belt now at this stage he must be on fire altogether .
    Would love to catch another one but alas not possible ......must do the lotto is tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,627 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So checking the set list from London last night, it seems they played "yesterday" which I'm sure has been played since the UYI tour but I'd bet it's not been a lot.

Advertisement