Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Ha, yeah there was a chuckle around me at that bit.

Estranged live with Axl & Slash. I'd do the entire journey again just for that. I'd do it right now.

I still have the guitars from Estranged ringing through my head since Saturday night. Was one of the highlights of the night for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Did anyone else want to rip that thin Lizzy cd or whatever it was out. Same 4 or 5 songs all day got really annoying after the first few plays

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Did anyone else want to rip that thin Lizzy cd or whatever it was out. Same 4 or 5 songs all day got really annoying after the first few plays

I love Thin Lizzy as much as the next person, but yeah the same 4/5 songs throughout the day, could've switched it up seeing as Thin Lizzy have such a massive back catalogue.

According to Richard Fortus, the band have been"assembling ideas" for a new album.
    We haven't started recording anything. I mean, when I say that, as far as in the studio, doing an album… We've been recording a lot of stuff, just ideas, sort of assembling ideas, but not going into a studio and actually tracking a new record."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-has-been-assembling-ideas-for-possible-new-studio-album-says-richard-fortus/

Slash could write an albums worth of material by himself. I hope they capitalize once the tour is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭darrenw5O94

A new bad ass album would sell squillions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,787 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

A new bad ass album would sell squillions

streaming service such as Spotify and Deezer are killing physical cd sales but never really bought many cds to being with

I like some of Slashs solo stuff and look forward to a new GNR album but it could take a while, hopefully not as long as we waited for Chinese Democracy

If there was a new Guns N' Roses album, I'd buy it and download it.

And one thing with Guns and waiting don't bother, case in point the 17 years between Illusions & Chinese Democracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Early days obviously but they seem to be behaving themselves so far, Axl not being hours late for shows, Slash and Duff seem sober and they seemed really well rehearsed and tight on stage.

Hopefully it continues, would love to see a live DVD of the tour when it's done and maybe another live album. Live-Era was just flung out due to contractual obligations iirc, much the same as the spaghetti incident.

Think it was 2006 Slash finally got clean, Duff's been clean since his pancreas burst in '94. Might actually read their respective books again over the summer.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Think it was 2006 Slash finally got clean, Duff's been clean since his pancreas burst in '94. Might actually read their respective books again over the summer.

Did Duff release a new autobiography?

• Advertisement

Did Duff release a new autobiography?

Don't think so, was referring to his It's So Easy: And Other Lies book.

Id say the organisers of the Rock N Roll HOF were a little unhappy when Slash and Duff reunited with Axl as it was 4 years too late for them

If they waited til 2016/17 or 2018 to induct them than they could had the original line up at it instead of what they had in 2012 ??

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Id say the organisers of the Rock N Roll HOF were a little unhappy when Slash and Duff reunited with Axl as it was 4 years too late for them

If they waited til 2016/17 or 2018 to induct them than they could had the original line up at it instead of what they had in 2012 ??

**** 'em, I'd rather Slash & Duff reunited with Axl they way they did rather than them being forced to 4 years ago, would've been super awkward 4 years ago seeing as tensions between Slash & Axl were still thawing out..

Plus the combination of Slash, Myles, Duff, Matt, Steven & Gilby wasn't bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Izzy still wouldn't turn up!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Id say the organisers of the Rock N Roll HOF

Load of rubbish that thing anyway

Load of rubbish that thing anyway

it can be a bit of an ass kissing event but its good to thank and acknowledge artists for there amazing work in the music business and cements them in music history

it can be a bit of an ass kissing event but its good to thank and acknowledge artists for there amazing work in the music business and cements them in music history

It is an ass kissing event. And acknowledging a band and cementing them in music history, that's what fans are for. Not some out of touch with the business old farts in suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Some out of touch with the business old farts in suits.

Defo

Iron Maiden,Whitesnake,Nine Inch Nails,Judas Priest,Soundgarden,L7,Motorhead,Motley Crue,Dio,Faith No More,The Smiths, the big 4 not named Metallica,Depeche Mode,Smashing Pumpkins, our very own Thin Lizzy for sure hell even Bon Jovi etc etc have been elegible for years...

...Green Day got in at first time of eligibility :o

Defo

Iron Maiden,Whitesnake,Nine Inch Nails,Judas Priest,Soundgarden,L7,Motorhead,Motley Crue,Dio,Faith No More,The Smiths, the big 4 not named Metallica,Depeche Mode,Smashing Pumpkins, our very own Thin Lizzy for sure hell even Bon Jovi etc etc have been elegible for years...

...Green Day got in at first time of eligibility :o

Even Guns got in at the first attempt, and just looking at the bands you've mentioned, I seriously do wonder how they got in.

But then again it's all down to the out of touch old farts running it, for once Axl may have been right in sticking to his principles of not going, Izzy to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'm glad the HOF turned out like it did. I didn't want to see the induction be a mess and leave a bad taste. The people that wanted to be there were there. I mean if axl had turned up we could have gotten a van Halan situation which wasn't good.

• Advertisement

From the Zurich, Switzerland show.

http://gph.is/2rVJ9C9

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Inviere

Do they ever play Coma live? Liistening to it hear with the Senheisers on, what a ****ing masterpiece of a song

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Inviere wrote: »
    Do they ever play Coma live? Liistening to it hear with the Senheisers on, what a ****ing masterpiece of a song

Yes they've played it nearly the whole tour since slash and duff got back in the band. It's an amazing song alright. The last two minutes IMO are some of the best stuff GNR have done.

yep, they have been playing it most if not every show on this tour I believe

Cheers folks, and is it a full 10 min jobbie live? Agreed re the end of it, incredible stuff

Cheers folks, and is it a full 10 min jobbie live? Agreed re the end of it, incredible stuff

Played the full 10 mins at Slane dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Played the full 10 mins at Slane dude.

Only thing Slash broke a string towards the end of it so took him a bit to find his footing again to finish it out
    I don't think any one noticed though

Only thing Slash broke a string towards the end of it so took him a bit to find his footing again to finish it out
    I don't think any one noticed though

Well I never noticed :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Well I never noticed :cool:

Putting on my geek hat now from watching various vids after the show I've narrowed it down to" its the one way ticket to your sucide" line about 7:54 on the linked vid he seems to snap it. Watch the big screen Slash seems to pull the string away with his fret hand and if you look carefully you'll see it shimmering in the lights
    Can't understand why he didn't switch guitars with the outro solo coming up then again I'm not the rock star playing in front of 80,000 people just a gnr geek

https://youtu.be/_8_8eJTvQ6Y

• Advertisement

Putting on my geek hat now from watching various vids after the show I've narrowed it down to" its the one way ticket to your sucide" line about 7:54 on the linked vid he seems to snap it. Watch the big screen Slash seems to pull the string away with his fret hand and if you look carefully you'll see it shimmering in the lights
    Can't understand why he didn't switch guitars with the outro solo coming up then again I'm not the rock star playing in front of 80,000 people just a gnr geek

https://youtu.be/_8_8eJTvQ6Y

Well spotted, for sure that's a swinging high e glistening in the lights :D

Incredible performance, they're SO tight. I've been hugely impressed with Axl's vocals since the reunion, but I think this song is a step too far for him. He pulled it off though, and the low/medium notes he nails, the higher ones though are where that fantastic Axl tone just drops away. That said, it's one tough song to sing I imagine, and maybe he always struggled with it live, even in his prime?

Advertisement