Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Its 200 on the first link in google, which is a different version of the Shure SM58 with a wireless adapter from Alesis plugging into it. Are you even looking at what you are chasing me on?

He's probably thrown them away a long time ago not noticing the costs. But he's not doing it now by the looks of the video shown earlier. As I've already said he's clearly passing one back and getting another.
    Have a closer look at the clip from the Apollo when he says good ****ing night he under arm throws it into the audience even with the wireless adapter for the amount of gear their leasing it's small change
    We're going around in circles here. Fact is he swaps it for the last line of the song and ****s it into the audience it's his thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PTH2009 wrote: »
    what time will the Rock in Rio show be broadcast ??? will it be live on Youtube ???

i wonder are they even bothering with a DVD release of this tour ??? but it is a $$$$ grab tour so eventually they will produce one

They are scheduled to start at 0:25, 4 hour time difference, it'll be very early Sunday Irish time when they start, also probably streamed on YouTube.

As for a release, don't hold your breath waiting. Hell it's probably never even crossed their minds...

• Registered Users Posts: 38,160 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is there an offical YouTube stream of Rock in Rio ??? Is GNR tonight

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Is there an offical YouTube stream of Rock in Rio ??? Is GNR tonight

I think they're only allowed a two hour set it'll be interesting to see what songs they drop for it or if they'll and a new song or two to the set list for the South American leg of the tour

I think they're only allowed a two hour set it'll be interesting to see what songs they drop for it or if they'll and a new song or two to the set list for the South American leg of the tour

It's an amazing festival and I would love a Rock in Rio Dublin lol but its highly doubtful

Any link ???

• Advertisement

How did rock in Rio go ??

Have heard they were a few technical issues ???

Went better than 2011 that's for sure..

saw a few clips from Rio, axls voice was not 100% for some reason but he didnt sound as bad as 2011, rest of the band were on fire. Nice to get a pro shot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

DLEWLvvW0AMbBYX.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    DLEWLvvW0AMbBYX.jpg

Nearly choked on my lunch!! Lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

Appetite is great. Use Your Illusion 1 is very good. Use Your Illusion 2 is average and Chinese Democracy is a disaster. I love the song One In A Million from Lies. Great song. I'm selling my GNR cd albums. If anyone is interested, PM.

Rumours/Pinch of salt time.
    Rose, 55, was at the new Fifteen Stories rooftop lounge at Mondrian Park Avenue after Guns N’ Roses’ Madison Square Garden show, “surrounded by women,” a spy said. Rose was overheard telling pals that “he and Slash are ‘getting along great’ and having so much fun rocking all of their old stuff and putting together some new stuff,” the spy said. “And that once he and Slash got past ‘stubbornness’ and talked to each other, everything became cool again really quickly, and reuniting was a simple decision after that.”

https://pagesix.com/2017/10/17/axl-rose-parties-after-madison-square-garden-show/

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

Less than a month now til I get to see the band in Vegas again, was there last year and was at Slane. Totally different expectation now of a full show on-time with a few changes in the set list hopefully.

Last time they didn't make the stage til midnight and even after the troubadour gig/axls broken foot there was a lot of wondering would the gig and tour even go ahead and would it be any good . Happy to say its become a real juggernaut with no sign of stopping.

Was thinking then I'd be missing steel panther on in house of blues Vegas same night til I realised it's a midnight gig and I get to leg it over there once the lights go down at the tmobile arena. Somehow I can't see Axl joining them on stage for a few songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,603 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Is there some reason why Axl would join them on stage?

Bleedin hell, what a night that's gonna be for you. I mean f*ckin hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,758 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Artist: Guns N’ Roses, Royal Blood, Mark Lanegan & Otherkin
    Venue: Slaine, IRE – Slaine Castle
    Date: May 27th, 2017
    Gross Sales: $8,304,358
    Attendance/Capacity: 79,258 / 79,258
    Ticket Prices: $167.05, $100.01

Numbers for Guns N Roses show at Slane this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭XsApollo

I hope the train keeps chugging all the way back to Slane again.

What are the chances of them coming back to Ireland again?

XsApollo wrote: »
    I hope the train keeps chugging all the way back to Slane again.

What are the chances of them coming back to Ireland again?

I've a feeling next year will be a well deserved break
    And take stock they've been on the road almost nonstop esp Axl the last 18 months .
    There could be the odd surprise festival thrown in
    Redding anyone ? Next year's rock in Rio again maybe.
    Personally it wouldn't be the end of the world if they never came back I got my wish this year never tought I'd see the two lads back together on the same stage .
    Would I go again ...you betcha.
    Some folk on various sites are hoping for new music. To be honest what I'd really be looking forward to is a book and some interviews on how it all got back up and running again or an official bio from Axl it'd be interesting to hear his side of the break down of the band and his toughts on Duff and Slash continuing on together with out him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Sheridan81 wrote: »
    Appetite is great. Use Your Illusion 1 is very good. Use Your Illusion 2 is average and Chinese Democracy is a disaster. I love the song One In A Million from Lies. Great song. I'm selling my GNR cd albums. If anyone is interested, PM.

Why u selling them? I love one in a million too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

Just not that into GNR.

I love the song bad obsession too. Classic rock and roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭XsApollo

I've a feeling next year will be a well deserved break
    And take stock they've been on the road almost nonstop esp Axl the last 18 months .
    There could be the odd surprise festival thrown in
    Redding anyone ? Next year's rock in Rio again maybe.
    Personally it wouldn't be the end of the world if they never came back I got my wish this year never tought I'd see the two lads back together on the same stage .
    Would I go again ...you betcha.
    Some folk on various sites are hoping for new music. To be honest what I'd really be looking forward to is a book and some interviews on how it all got back up and running again or an official bio from Axl it'd be interesting to hear his side of the break down of the band and his toughts on Duff and Slash continuing on together with out him.

I’m just glad I got to see them.
    But I would be there in a heartbeat again, anywhere close and I will be there.
    And I ain’t too pushed on new music myself, would be nice , but I got to see them that’s the main thing.
    A dvd release of the reunion and on the road tours after would be sweet, with backstage interviews and footage.

We will definatley get something new I think.
    What that is we will have to wait and see.
    Just hope it ain’t 10 years away:-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Tour dates for europe next year just announced including download festival.
    No irish date as yet but london is in there. Tickets on sale from monday

It'll be their first appearance at Download since 2006.

Don't think I'd go again as good as the last show I saw was, 2018 will prob be a similar setlist with 1/2 changes

Jayus there really trying too make $$$$$ on this tour

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Where do you see London date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

ozzy jr wrote: »

Naturally enough I've looked there and London not there :rolleyes:

Naturally enough I've looked there and London not there :rolleyes:

It was on their nightrain site. I presume they are counting donington as london much like slane was dublin

It was on their nightrain site. I presume they are counting donington as london much like slane was dublin

Ya I remember that just aswell it didn't end up on the merch! :D

IkkWxzf.jpg

Prob do Graspop :cool:

• Advertisement

IkkWxzf.jpg

Prob do Graspop :cool:

Still leaves them free for Slane in May again so :-P

Also isnt it nice to see them playing in slash's own stadium in poland :-)

Advertisement