Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So checking the set list from London last night, it seems they played "yesterday" which I'm sure has been played since the UYI tour but I'd bet it's not been a lot.

17 times on the Not in this lifetime tour including 3 times on this European leg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

So jealous I couldn't go again tonight. They were so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Terminator 2 on tv now.

What a perfect combo of movie & tune.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Terminator 2 on tv now.

What a perfect combo of movie & tune.
    Great movie and one of my favourites of their songs.

I'm still not over Axl 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Home now and thinking back on the gig. It's right up there with u2 at slane just after Bono's father died as the best gig I've ever witnessed. The band the weather the sound the visuals. Everything was perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The Guardian reviewer gave the Stratford stadium gig five stars. "You can’t blow the roof off a stadium that doesn’t have one, but they damn well tried."

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

bnt wrote: »
    The Guardian reviewer gave the Stratford stadium gig five stars. "You can’t blow the roof off a stadium that doesn’t have one, but they damn well tried."
    It was perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 37,916 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

After seeing this tour/line-up live it has really put the memories of the CD era out of head and how embarrassing Axl acted at times during it. Bumblefoot, Ashba, Stinson etc are good musicians in there own right but Slash and Duff are better and that's who the fans really want too see. Obv a few members in the band still exist from the CD era. The NITL line-up is still not as good as the AFD/YUI lineups but it's as close as can get and the main ingredients are back

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Frank & Richard more than deserve their place in the band. 15 & 11 years respectively.

Would loved to have seen the band when Robin & Buckethead were still in it.

Still am glad I can say I saw them live with Slash & Duff back along side Axl :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Frank & Richard more than deserve their place in the band. 15 & 11 years respectively.

Would loved to have seen the band when Robin & Buckethead were still in it.

Still am glad I can say I saw them live with Slash & Duff back along side Axl :D.

I'm glad to say i saw them with Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven, no-one else (no 12 keyboardists or 7 drummers), just them 5 :D

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    I'm glad to say i saw them with Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven, no-one else (no 12 keyboardists or 7 drummers), just them 5 :D
    Lucky guy id say it was unreal

wasant even born when these guys started and was very young when Izzy and Adler left.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,627 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well it's a advantage old lads have over some of us younger people :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

And here's me thinking I was fortunate to have just been a fan when the original five were around! Such a shame they never played Ireland during that time, would have been my first ever gig too...had I been allowed go ;)

Was it Donington you saw them? Think I remember seeing a post about it here a while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

And here's me thinking I was fortunate to have just been a fan when the original five were around! Such a shame they never played Ireland during that time, would have been my first ever gig too...had I been allowed go ;)

Was it Donington you saw them? Think I remember seeing a post about it here a while ago.

yeah, fcuked up day, both terrible and amazing, so long ago now though

Anyone have a subscription to SiriusXM?
    Concert to air live on the band's limited-run SiriusXM channel Guns N' Roses Radio and Howard Stern's Howard 101 channel.⚠
    SiriusXM's Guns N' Roses Radio will feature music from the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees' entire iconic career, including the 1987 Appetite for Destruction album, which is celebrating its 30th anniversary. The SiriusXM channel will also include music by artists who have influenced Guns N' Roses, live tracks and rarities.Guns N' Roses Radio will launch on Thursday, July 13 and will air through Saturday, July 22, via satellite on channel 41, and through the SiriusXM App on smartphones and other connected devices, as well as online at siriusxm.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

So now that they are all on great terms again, will Axl go into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame?

Would they just add him in or would they have to induct him separately?

So now that they are all on great terms again, will Axl go into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame?

Would they just add him in or would they have to induct him separately?

Think he is in there already he just wasant there physically to accept it. He was inducted with all the original members in 2012 but Myles Kennedy done the performing while Axl stayed at home

He's not in with the rest of the Appetite gang.
    To: The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It May Concern,

When the nominations for the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame were first announced I had mixed emotions but, in an effort to be positive, wanting to make the most of things for the fans and with their enthusiasm, I was honored, excited and hoped that somehow this would be a good thing. Of course I realized as things stood, if Guns N' Roses were to be inducted it'd be somewhat of a complicated or awkward situation.

Since then we've listened to fans, talked with members of the board of the Hall Of Fame, communicated with and read various public comments and jabs from former members of Guns N' Roses, had discussions with the president of the Hall Of Fame, read various press (some legit, some contrived) and read other artists' comments weighing in publicly on Guns and the Hall with their thoughts.

Under the circumstances I feel we've been polite, courteous, and open to an amicable solution in our efforts to work something out. Taking into consideration the history of Guns N' Roses, those who plan to attend along with those the Hall for reasons of their own, have chosen to include in "our" induction (that for the record are decisions I don't agree with, support or feel the Hall has any right to make), and how (albeit no easy task) those involved with the Hall have handled things... no offense meant to anyone but the Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony doesn't appear to be somewhere I'm actually wanted or respected.

For the record, I would not begrudge anyone from Guns their accomplishments or recognition for such. Neither I or anyone in my camp has made any requests or demands of the Hall Of Fame. It's their show not mine.

That said, I won't be attending The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Induction 2012 Ceremony and I respectfully decline my induction as a member of Guns N' Roses to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.

I strongly request that I not be inducted in absentia and please know that no one is authorized nor may anyone be permitted to accept any induction for me or speak on my behalf. Neither former members, label representatives nor the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame should imply whether directly, indirectly or by omission that I am included in any purported induction of "Guns N' Roses".

This decision is personal. This letter is to help clarify things from my and my camp's perspective. Neither is meant to offend, attack or condemn. Though unfortunately I'm sure there will be those who take offense (God knows how long I'll have to contend with the fallout), I certainly don't intend to disappoint anyone, especially the fans, with this decision. Since the announcement of the nomination we've actively sought out a solution to what, with all things considered, appears to be a no win, at least for me, "damned if I do, damned if I don't" scenario all the way around.

In regard to a reunion of any kind of either the Appetite or Illusion lineups, I've publicly made myself more than clear. Nothing's changed.

The only reason, at this point, under the circumstances, in my opinion whether under the guise of "for the fans" or whatever justification of the moment, for anyone to continue to ask, suggest or demand a reunion are misguided attempts to distract from our efforts with our current lineup of myself, Dizzy Reed, Tommy Stinson, Frank Ferrer, Richard Fortus, Chris Pitman, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal and DJ Ashba.

Izzy came out with us a few times back in '06 and I invited him to join us at our LA Forum show last year. Steven was at our show at the Hard Rock, later in '06 in Las Vegas, where I invited him to our after-party and was rewarded with his subsequent interviews filled with reunion lies. Lesson learned. Duff joined us in 2010 and again in '11 along with his band, Loaded, opening in Seattle and Vancouver. For me, with the exception of Izzy or Duff joining us on stage if they were so inclined somewhere in the future for a song or two, that's enough.

There's a seemingly endless amount of revisionism and fantasies out there for the sake of self-promotion and business opportunities masking the actual realities. Until every single one of those generating from or originating with the earlier lineups has been brought out in the light, there isn't room to consider a conversation let alone a reunion.

Maybe if it were you it'd be different. Maybe you'd do it for this reason or that. Peace, whatever. I love our band now. We're there for each other when the going get's rough. We love our fans and work to give them every ounce of energy and heart we can.

So let sleeping dogs lie or lying dogs sleep or whatever. Time to move on. People get divorced. Life doesn't owe you your own personal happy ending especially at another's, or in this case several others', expense.

But hey if ya gotta then maybe we can get the "no show, grandstanding, publicity stunt, disrespectful, he doesn't care about the fans" crap out of the way as quickly as we can and let's move on. No one's taking the ball and going home. Don't get it twisted. For more than a decade and a half we've endured the double standards, the greed of this industry and the ever present seemingly limitless supply of wannabes and unscrupulous, irresponsible media types. Not to imply anything in this particular circumstance, but from my perspective in regard to both the Hall and a reunion, the ball's never been in our court.

In closing, regardless of this decision and as hard to believe or as ironic as it may seem, I'd like to sincerely thank the board for their nomination and their votes for Guns' induction. More importantly I'd like to thank the fans for being there over the years, making any success we've had possible and for enjoying and supporting Guns N' Roses music.

I wish the Hall a great show, congratulations to all the other artists being inducted and to our fans we look forward to seeing you on tour!!

Sincerely,

Axl Rose

P.S. RIP Armand, Long Live ABC III

Well his name is included with the band on me rock n roll hall of fame website.

Their show in Hannover was delayed for 90 minutes this evening due to rain.

• Advertisement

Their show in Hannover was delayed for 90 minutes this evening due to rain.
    Some of the videos look insane. The videos of lighting and biblical looking rainfall show it was the right call to stop. I'm hoping axl changes the words to November rain because of the rain.

That must've been a momentum killer though, 3 songs in, have to go off due to bad weather, and the crowd left waiting 90 minutes.

Plus Angus Young turned up..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Plus Angus Young turned up..

Worth waiting for it's Germany they may be able to run overtime and do majority of show.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Bonzzy

Some amount of bald old farts at Slane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Bonzzy wrote: »

True but a lot of us bald old farts were young lads at Slane in 92, 25 years go.
    It did make me chuckle a bit there at the mostly nearly40-50 age group there on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Bonzzy wrote: »

Yeah but they do know how to put on a show eh...

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭PetraMac

There's an AFD 30th anniversary event on in Fibber Magee's, Dublin on July 21. GNR tribute band playing.
    Anyone planning on going?

PetraMac wrote: »
    There's an AFD 30th anniversary event on in Fibber Magee's, Dublin on July 21. GNR tribute band playing.
    Anyone planning on going?
    I might if I can convince my friend 😂

• Advertisement

The band's Swedish show was 3 hours and 9 minutes long last night. They'll eventually break their record of 3 hours 39 minutes set in Tokyo in 2009.

Advertisement