Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

What's going on here then? Are they basically just plugging the gig and the radio station to coincide with the anniversary? Surely if they were releasing something Appetite related (box set, etc) it would have been announced ages ago?

https://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n-roses-confirm-appetite-destruction-30th-anniversary-celebration-awesome-way/

I'd say they are planning something for Appetite's 30th anniversary.. Fernando Lebeis was teasing something on Instagram a while back..

Guess we're just gonna have to wait and see what if anything happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

PTH2009 wrote: »
    they need big names for 2018 after this years average line up

They certainly do afaik they announced if buy now you can get at this years prices which always means an upcoming price increase they need to offer up a lot more to justify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

They certainly do afaik they announced if buy now you can get at this years prices which always means an upcoming price increase they need to offer up a lot more to justify it.

Wrong, they need to offer a lot less but concentrate on quality

So much ****e on that you'd never see everything, all they need is 3 stages, stages 1 and 2 running back to back with the smaller bands stuck on 3

scudzilla wrote: »
    Wrong, they need to offer a lot less but concentrate on quality

So much ****e on that you'd never see everything, all they need is 3 stages, stages 1 and 2 running back to back with the smaller bands stuck on 3

Get ya they are stifled with the curfew at 11, the tent stages are sh1te for a festival it's size anyway. They've cheaped out in areas to facilitate wrestling crap but there seems to be a demand for that. Been elsewhere the last few years and likely remain the case but if they can supply stacked day(s) could reel me being so handy an all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Get ya they are stifled with the curfew at 11, the tent stages are sh1te for a festival it's size anyway. They've cheaped out in areas to facilitate wrestling crap but there seems to be a demand for that. Been elsewhere the last few years and likely remain the case but if they can supply stacked day(s) could reel me being so handy an all.

The after hours entertainment at download is so bad compared to other festivals.

the same djs playing the same top 40 metal/rock stuff. Good for the first night or two but gets very boring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,679 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've just be reading the other gnr forums that we know about and mygnr in particular is worrying me in regards to the show in New York tomorrow night. There are people convinced that both Steven and izzy will be there and they aren't for turning. I mean one guy said that Steven must be be there as he "deserves it more than any of the current line up"

I'm happy that slash,axl, and duff are on the same stage again for the 30th anniversary of appetite. I mean I saw something with my own eyes at slane that was never going to happen but it did.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I've just be reading the other gnr forums that we know about and mygnr in particular is worrying me in regards to the show in New York tomorrow night. There are people convinced that both Steven and izzy will be there and they aren't for turning. I mean one guy said that Steven must be be there as he "deserves it more than any of the current line up"

I'm happy that slash,axl, and duff are on the same stage again for the 30th anniversary of appetite. I mean I saw something with my own eyes at slane that was never going to happen but it did.

Which other GN'R forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Inviere

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Nightrain soundboard from Coachella.

Axl sounds fookin top drawer there

Which other GN'R forum?

Mygnr and HTGTH.

I mean I like gnr as do others here obviously but sweet jaysus some of the people on the message boards above need to stop taking so much to heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

It's be great if it were true for a once off run through the album right through to "know that i care" drum roll "good fukin night" with Steve and Izzy but we're back in familiar territory here like the Troubadour gig will they won't they with Steven and Izzy when the only curve ball was Melissa and the inclusion of a few Chinese Democracy songs to a lesser extent .
    So like last time we'll just have to wait and see.

• Advertisement

D.Q wrote: »
    The after hours entertainment at download is so bad compared to other festivals.

the same djs playing the same top 40 metal/rock stuff. Good for the first night or two but gets very boring.

There's that too but due to the curfew bands you likely wanna see start earlier too naturally enough and you probably have to get out of tent campsite an hour before to make the arena.

When the bands are said and done partying like an ejit till 5 or so tends to be my preferred choice without having to get up super early ;)

inclusion of a few Chinese Democracy songs to a lesser extent .

6 of them with 3 of those being played at every show, There was a Time was superb at Slane one of my personal highlights and I noticed it was only played once in 2017 at that show and just 3 times overall on the tour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭littelady

30 years later still love appetite. Where did the band stay when playing Slane ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

littelady wrote: »
    30 years later still love appetite. Where did the band stay when playing Slane ?

Dublin, they flew in by Hellamachopper at around 14:00

So this yoke starts at 10 pm NY time which will be about 3 am Friday morning over here .
    Just to get the aul rumours going.... hasn't Alder and Izzy been extremely quiet of late...probably nothing to it...

I don't know how true this is(it's probably not true) but apparently Steven Adler was supposed to have flown into New York last night.

I don't know how true this is(it's probably not true) but apparently Steven Adler was supposed to have flown into New York last night.

Nothing on MYGNR anyways, probably won't show.

Nothing on
    MYGNR anyways, probably won't show.

If say given half a chance he's show given the opportunity.
    I don't think the book release did him any favours though.
    No mention of him either on GnR truth they're more so peeved off at the fact it's a private gig there's one there who even thinks she should have a right to go as she'd seen them before appetite was relased. Can't please everyone.

If say given half a chance he's show given the opportunity.
    I don't think the book release did him any favours though.
    No mention of him either on GnR truth they're more so peeved off at the fact it's a private gig there's one there who even thinks she should have a right to go as she'd seen them before appetite was relased. Can't please everyone.

Well ain't it a bitch they can't go, guess they'll just have to listen on SiriusXM like everyone else who didn't manage to get tickets.

Well ain't it a bitch they can't go, guess they'll just have to listen on SiriusXM like everyone else who didn't manage to get tickets.

Yeah it's funny to read about them getting they're knickers in a twist but I suppose it's like most fan forums there's always a few headers who think they're above everyone else .
    Except here we're all sound here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

Can we listen to the gig live without a subscription?

gooner99 wrote: »
    Can we listen to the gig live without a subscription?

I think if you sign up for a trial, you might be able to listen.

How Guns N' Roses Appetite For Destruction hijacked the music industry. Quiet a long read.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-n-roses-appetite-hijacked-music-industry/

Ah ****. It appears that's beta posted a picture of the appetite logo that's in Times Square and including izzy and Steven in the hashtags and then was asked If the two boyos would be there and she said no they wouldn't and people on mygnr are having a ****ing conniption fit.

Just the usuall run through the NITLT set list although on the periscope feeds it was cool to see them on a small stage again.
    No surprises.

Happy 30th anniversary appetite for destruction.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,596 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Happy 30th anniversary appetite for destruction.

Best album ever, debut or otherwise.

Enjoy folks.

I was just going to post that video but lithium got there before me by a few hours.

https://mega.nz/#F!rdwiwBBa!_TPtCdIkiIVFHdB1ur-ehw

If anyone wants to get the songs seperately they are in the link above.

• Advertisement

Right I'm going to start the youtube link and see how good or otherwise it was. I mean if it's soundboard quality it should be perfect but I'm worried it will show up Axl's voice.

Advertisement