Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate team 12 web app released!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I was just looking on the Gamestop website checking the price of Fifa 13
    and it says that FIFA 13 Ultimate Edition + Adidas Team DLC is 62Euro.

Now I'm sure last year the Ultimate Team Packs where free last year
    if you pre ordered.

The price seems a bit steep to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

I just asked for the ultimate edition and was given it last year.

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Tbh, I wouldn't bother. I didn't find him to be half as good as I expected. He can't win headers even semi-regularly, he gets pushed off the ball easily enough. I've put him up for trade already. Hopefully I can get what I paid for him.

I bought SIF Adebayor instead. He is excellent, strong, tall, great in the air, 84 pace. 3 games 10 goals for me so far.

How do you find Silva & Suarez?

At first I was going to buy him to use. But since I'm trying to build my club I was just going to get him anyway. I've decided to concentrate on Rooney and Aguero(88) for now.
    The second of which is annoying to find as you get Tevez(also 88) in the search as well as the 86 Aguero's.
    It was hurting my eyes the last day trying to pick out an 88. Actually don't think I found ONE :confused:

Silva's very good(note it's the 88) and Suaraz(87) is a bit strange in that I don't feel overly happy with either him or Tevez yet both can score headers easily and have great finishing and passing.
    Maybe I'm nit picking as I've had them so long and both are just mid-80s pace so they won't pull away from defenders.

But ya I like both and won't be selling either. I'm just looking to add someone for the sake of it. Might as well up Nasri's 86 with a higher rated player since I have the coins.

So sold all my Gold Team to fund this little Team.

Arsenal squad.jpg

I still have a 100k left.

Also Arsenal's version of Podolski is nearly 30k :eek:
    I'll stick my koln version on the bench and that'll do.

Anyone know what IF Arshavin is like ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

How do you have an Arsenal Henry?

• Advertisement

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    How do you have an Arsenal Henry?

He was moved in the Xmas update.

only 5k :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

At first I was going to buy him to use. But since I'm trying to build my club I was just going to get him anyway. I've decided to concentrate on Rooney and Aguero(88) for now.
    The second of which is annoying to find as you get Tevez(also 88) in the search as well as the 86 Aguero's.
    It was hurting my eyes the last day trying to pick out an 88. Actually don't think I found ONE :confused:

Silva's very good(note it's the 88) and Suaraz(87) is a bit strange in that I don't feel overly happy with either him or Tevez yet both can score headers easily and have great finishing and passing.
    Maybe I'm nit picking as I've had them so long and both are just mid-80s pace so they won't pull away from defenders.

But ya I like both and won't be selling either. I'm just looking to add someone for the sake of it. Might as well up Nasri's 86 with a higher rated player since I have the coins.

Tempted to go for Rooney myself. He is around 110K now on the Xbox. I've got 129K. The reviews on FUThead don't seem too positive though.

I have Modric as CAM, with Gerrard as backup. I find Modric is just fantastic, he is nimble and perfect for the role. Not as impressed with Gerrard, I might sell him and go for Kagawa or Silva, who I imagine are similar to Modric.

I've got Rio & Kompany as my CBs. Tempted to go for Vidic, but his lack of pace worries me.

Can someone tell me is there much difference between 4-3-2-1 and 4-3-3 ?

Because there is a huge price difference.
    I'm looking for more crosses into the box, which formation would be more suitable ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

4321 is much narrower, if you're after crossing you should probably stick to 433.

Tempted to go for Rooney myself. He is around 110K now on the Xbox. I've got 129K. The reviews on FUThead don't seem too positive though.

I have Modric as CAM, with Gerrard as backup. I find Modric is just fantastic, he is nimble and perfect for the role. Not as impressed with Gerrard, I might sell him and go for Kagawa or Silva, who I imagine are similar to Modric.

I've got Rio & Kompany as my CBs. Tempted to go for Vidic, but his lack of pace worries me.

He's much more than that on the PS3. Thought I had one watched that went for little over 100k.
    Last night the lowest I found was around 150k.

I could just scrap it on finish off my Bundesliga/Ligue 1 teams I've enough IF's for my Italian/Spanish that I don't really need to add any more to them bar T.Silva>Lucio and being picking replace either Pato/Cavani with Ibrahimovich or some IF over 86.

I'd say go for Silva 88.
    Kagawa is only an 84 and going for 30k+ on the PS3 while Silva is considerably less 23-30k.
    No experience with Kagawa, but looking at basic stats he's no bullet in comparison to Silva. Where at least you're getting a far better all round player 4 marks better.

Ya the Prem is cursed with slow defenders. In my Seria A and La Liga sides I have Mascherano(IF CB)/Pepe and Lucio/De Rossi(IF CB).
    To get that pace in the premiership you have to go Kompany/D.Luiz who are as a pair considerably weaker then those other pairings.

I wouldn't have sold Rio if I still had him now. Back then it was sell who I wasn't using and I lost a decent amount on players like him who I bought before the season ended.
    From the 'Club or Country' cup I decided to just keep building the club as my teams keep getting restricted which means having to fill the club with inferior players to get around it.

• Advertisement

I really like Rio (played 110 games with him). Have had him paired with Kompany. The BPL CBs are quite slow, except for Sideshow Bob who I refuse to use.

Decided to spend 40K on Vidic (just for the novelty of having him - I don't think I've ever played against someone who has him). Hopefully his strength will make up for the lack of sprint speed. I'll probably stick Kompany beside and use Rio & Verm as cover when they need a rest. I decided to go for Walker too (bargain, 1,400 with 4-1-2-1-2). Every time I come up against a good player that has him, it's a lot of work to get down the left because of his pace.

My team looks like this now:
    Hart
    Walker-Vidic-Kompany-Clichy
    Toure
    Valencia
    Bale--
    Modric
    ----Adebayor----Torres

Sub line up:
    Given, Boswinga, Rio, Verm, Taiwo, Essien, Nani, Gerrard, D.Cisse, Lukaku.

I think I'll flog Gerrard and get Silva. Might use whatever coins I have left to build a Russian league side.

Played against some Irish lad yesterday. He had a bronze player in midfield and a bronze player up front so his stats were artificially decreased to be low 80s on the team selection screen. First thing he does is pause, sub them off and bring on Sneijder & Ibra. I took extra delight in beating him 4-0 and Ibra ended up getting injured :)

Just had a look at my players stats there (seeing as I've had some of them for a while now).

Fernando Torres. Games: 138. Goals: 229.
    Romelu Lukaku. Games 127: Goals: 212. BEST 900 COINS EVER.
    Djibril Cisse. Games 82: Goals 103.
    Emanuel Adebayor (SIF). Games: 5. Goals: 11.

Shay Given. Games: 80. Goals: 1. :pac:
    Joe Hart. Games: 113. Goals: 1 :pac:

Not sure if goals count from games where the opponent quit. Presume they do.

Shay Given. Games: 80. Goals: 1. :pac:
    Joe Hart. Games: 113. Goals: 1 :pac:

The problem with those stats are, they are continious so it's harder to pin point how the player has done for you alone.
    Would rather have just my own counted for the player tbh.

Did you score with the goalies?, late corner?.

I've never scored with my goalie, though coincidentally I nearly did yesterday. Was playing the Silver cup and came up against a lad with a useless Bronze team with 30 Chemistry.
    I went on a run at 2-0 but I missed the shot from the edge of the box :D

On that subject it's not even funny how often I come up against a crap Bronze team in a silver tournament. Not alone have they no chance in that, they wouldn't win the Bronze Cup.
    How hard is it to buy 11 players who link up?...
    For even an average Silver team you could get a team together for 200-300 each. Bronze for 200. Yet I keep meeting these lads without managers and ridic Chem. They're just wasting their time playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

The problem with those stats are, they are continious so it's harder to pin point how the player has done for you alone.

I agree. I don't understand why it tells me games/goals for my player for previous owners also. I obviously only care about my own stats with them.

I've scored a few with my keepers by letting them take penalties.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

It's only on the console that it says goals/apps stats for all users, if you check on the web app, it will tell you the goals/apps since you bought the player.

I've never scored with my goalie, though coincidentally I nearly did yesterday. Was playing the Silver cup and came up against a lad with a useless Bronze team with 30 Chemistry.
    I went on a run at 2-0 but I missed the shot from the edge of the box :D

On that subject it's not even funny how often I come up against a crap Bronze team in a silver tournament. Not alone have they no chance in that, they wouldn't win the Bronze Cup.
    How hard is it to buy 11 players who link up?...
    For even an average Silver team you could get a team together for 200-300 each. Bronze for 200. Yet I keep meeting these lads without managers and ridic Chem. They're just wasting their time playing.

Nope, these ones aren't continuous.

I don't quite understand it, but if you look at the stats on the console, they are the total history for that player.

If you look at the stats on the web app, they are only how that player has done for you.

Edit: Sorry, I just seen Mikey has explained this already..

The two goals I've scored with the keepers were from penalties. One guy passing the ball around the back to try make me chase the ball pointless even though he is a few goals down. I think he'd watched all the replays of his goal and did a full length celebration running all over the place.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

:mad:

Game froze in the 84th minute in the Club/Country Cup when I'm leading 2-1 ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,116 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I now make it my mission to do long celebrations and watch every replay when I come up against someone who constantly uses the finesse shot on assisted or semi assisted

J. Marston wrote: »
    I now make it my mission to do long celebrations and watch every replay when I come up against someone who constantly uses the finesse shot on assisted or semi assisted

I agree it needs major tweaking. But the fact is using the normal shot is only advantageous from central positions around the edge of the box/outside the box and coming off an angle with a winger(Right winger coming down towards goal and hitting it too the far corner).
    It only works off straight lines and with distance. Any angle facing away from goal, in a 1 v 1, close inside the box, and with defenders in front of you meaning you must turn your body and it's essential to score goals.

They need to refine it big time. Though I agree some people over do it and do all their long shots with it even when they have the space and time to let rip.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

It's because keepers seem to panic when the finesse shot is used regardless of power. A pretty straight forward save becomes an ordeal at times! I have a friend who finessed everything - didn't score every time thankfully, but some of the corners he won were ridiculous! And then you have the palm out to onrushing striker...

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

What do yous all reckon is the quickest way of making money on this?

Everytime i get up to a few grand i end up having to spend it on contracts or something similar.

What do yous all reckon is the quickest way of making money on this?

Everytime i get up to a few grand i end up having to spend it on contracts or something similar.

Trading. Knowing the markets. Buying players for below their selling price and sell them on for profit. Requires knowledge of the market.

I've given up on UT12. Not going to waste my team trying to build a class team from scratch when UT13 is around the corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

BKC wrote: »
    Trading. Knowing the markets. Buying players for below their selling price and sell them on for profit. Requires knowledge of the market.

I've given up on UT12. Not going to waste my team trying to build a class team from scratch when UT13 is around the corner.
    I am bored with fifa 12 now so not going to play it much til 13 comes out

Whats everyone's record like on UT?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

234-9-53

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Not sure exactly but I'm pretty sure I still have a 90% win ratio, in other words I only lose once out of every 10 games I play. Unfortunately most of those rare losses are in the finals of tourneys, which are the must win games :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

406-6-306

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

435-5-335

Are the UT servers down for anyone else on PS3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 It Balanced!

BKC wrote: »
    Are the UT servers down for anyone else on PS3?

It has been down for me for days...

Advertisement