Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forza Motorsport 4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Got the game yesterday. Absolutely loving the Lexus SC300. The car is perfect!

Will be joining the club soon :D

Also does anyone know how to get the drift scores up? I hate the boxes!

You need to go to hud options before you start a race and it's at the bottom, took me a while to realise that you could scroll further than what was on the screen

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Guys, don't you find it ironic?

Forza4 has 500+++ cars, which are plain stunning super cars, our childhood dream cars etc...

... But the most popular car in game a little budget bog standart hatchback with 7 years warranty...

Oh yeah, the most popular track is not even a track, it's an airfield with few cones :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Did everyone's DLC download for them? My Launch bonus car pack doesn't seem to want to download. It won't even show up in the active section. At first I thought maybe I was downloading too much at once but it's still happening today.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

markc1184 wrote: »
    Did everyone's DLC download for them? My Launch bonus car pack doesn't seem to want to download. It won't even show up in the active section. At first I thought maybe I was downloading too much at once but it's still happening today.

Yeah, mine isn't working either! But it says the code has already been used when I try to enter it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Press the guide button , and scroll right to settings, then account management, and download history. From there download it again.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I've tried that but it's not working.

Edit: Working now, dunno how!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

5T3PH3N wrote: »
    Yeah, I've tried that but it's not working.

Edit: Working now, dunno how!

magic of course :D

I don't get it.... I improved my time to 143 and now my rival is hunty1989.

The part that I don't get it: we bouth start same, but on first shift he allways goes so quicker then me!! After first shift he leads by whole car lengh atleast!!!

Is it because he is using clutch+manual?

When do you shift to get maximum power?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Clutch + Manual is quicker than Manual.. Try it, u'll take at least 1 sec off ur lap time.. Getting the hang of downshifts is tricky, for me anyway....

Yeah, Shadowhearth, I'm using clutch aswell as all aids off. It's much faster for acceleration. Once you get used to it there's no going back!

• Advertisement

How do you use it? I have no idea. I was pressing everything and couldn't figure it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Ya lift off throtte (RT), hold clutch button (LB), press gear up (B), lift off clutch (Release LB), hammer throttle again (RT)... do all that in a nano second and your flying :pac:

I cannot get the hang of it at all, I'm grand going up the gears but going down I'm clueless, any tips?

Ya lift off throtte (RT), hold clutch button (LB), press gear up (B), lift off clutch (Release LB), hammer throttle again (RT)... do all that in a nano second and your flying :pac:

I cannot get the hang of it at all, I'm grand going up the gears but going down I'm clueless, any tips?
    Thanks.

System is fecking stupid.... It makes damn hard to shift down as you pressing brakes already, unles you are good to play with to fingers on one side...

what works for the kia as well is to just hold the RT while pressing LB and X or B, makes a weird noise but it works just about as well as if you'd lifted off the gas

what works for the kia as well is to just hold the RT while pressing LB and X or B, makes a weird noise but it works just about as well as if you'd lifted off the gas

Works on the well up shift, on the down shift it's quicker if u can use the clutch tho... The weird noise is the gears crunching...

**** this. I give up. I cant even do first corner now. This clutch thing is doing my head in.

Good few times I did good, but I had touched cone or some ****, so it was void.

I need to stay away from top gear track for a bit or I will break one more controller...

For the first corner the only way I can get a good speed is to brake hard early, down to 2nd and hit the accel... I can do it in 3rd but I don't always get it right, more consistent dropping down to 2nd.. I need to practice the last two corners as I loose over a second there...

I had to stop playing it earlier, went and did some of the other rival tracks for a change..

unklerosco wrote: »
    For the first corner the only way I can get a good speed is to brake hard early, down to 2nd and hit the accel... I can do it in 3rd but I don't always get it right, more consistent dropping down to 2nd.. I need to practice the last two corners as I loose over a second there...

I had to stop playing it earlier, went and did some of the other rival tracks for a change..

yeah those last two corners are a b***h, the fastest way to go through them is in 3rd without braking, just select the number 1 guy as a rival to see how he does it

I just enjoying world tour now. Learning clutch while doing so.

Shift up is piss easy now, but shift down is still very hard for me.

Any technique how to get best start too? In my class B fairlady z 69 first 2 gears are prety much useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

20 members now

• Advertisement

working until around 10 tonight, but i should be on later if anyone is up for a race, actually havnt raced online yet, just car soccer :D

Anyone online now?

Anyone online now?

I'm just going online here now, facsimileGnat21 is my name...

There's 6 of us online. Is there ability to organise race and inv only your club people etc?

Private Race?

There's 6 of us online. Is there ability to organise race and inv only your club people etc?

I think you can send a race invite to everyone in the club i done it last night by accident, duno how i done it though, lol :o

Fffffuuucccc network problems, I can't join and I dunno how to set up my network right!

yeah create your own game, the go down to the invite club members tab, and send invite, it will invite everyone in the club who is online, very handy feature

yeah create your own game, the go down to the invite club members tab, and send invite, it will invite everyone in the club who is online, very handy feature

Good man, just sent an invite to everyone there, class B, randomly pressed right and stopped on road america...

• Advertisement

Good man, just sent an invite to everyone there, class B, randomly pressed right and stopped on road america...

try the top gear track, we havnt had enough of that :D

Advertisement