Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forza Motorsport 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

There's 6 of us online. We could do a race or something. In f class cars :D.

Btw manual sooooo much better. In first try I took off 2 seconds of my top gear lap. Now took 4++ seconds in total!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Unkclerosco!! Just got you there!!! **** yeah! 144.204!!! Went from 1.45.78 I think.

FFs I tas hard man! Your second turn is fecking perfect! I couldn't get you on it! I get you in turn 1, you get me in turn 2, then I evened it out on hammer head, and after that just floored it!!!

Damn I love this rival and club thing!!!!

Not for much longer... I just ate a power steak n roast spuds which are bound to give me an extra 1sec in the kia!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

just out of interest the guys that are doing the top gear rivals challenge, what line speed and gears are ye using in the last two turns off the straight? im destroying my time until i get to those last corners :(
    On my fastest lap I wasn't great through the last couple of corners and have been a good bit quicker through there. I find that braking while wide and cutting as much of the 2nd last corner allows me to carry more speed through it and then the last I break early and again cut as much as possible so I can accelerate through is the fastest way. There may well be faster ways of doing it but that's the fastest I've found so far.
    Btw manual sooooo much better. In first try I took off 2 seconds of my top gear lap. Now took 4++ seconds in total!!!
    It's even faster again with the clutch, you can make a lot of time from your start alone if you use the clutch, which is not as hard as I thought it was when I started, It was just a matter of getting used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Gonna try use the clutch after reading these claims. Im goin on now if anyone wants a game

auto is hardl an assist then so. it actuolly downgrades your performance by alot!

i wont be playing now :( misses came back home :(.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

auto is hardl an assist then so. it actuolly downgrades your performance by alot!

i wont be playing now :( misses came back home :(.
    All of the assists actually hinder you in a way, they assist you by making it easier to drive but they all hinder your potential speed. The fastest way to drive a lap is with everything off but that also takes more skill because the car is a lot more difficult to control if you're not used to it. I still use TCS and STM in the career mode because I don't need to turn them off, and I don't use the clutch in career either coz it's too much hassle.

dor83 wrote: »
    All of the assists actually hinder you in a way, they assist you by making it easier to drive but they all hinder your potential speed. The fastest way to drive a lap is with everything off but that also takes more skill because the car is a lot more difficult to control if you're not used to it. I still use TCS and STM in the career mode because I don't need to turn them off, and I don't use the clutch in career either coz it's too much hassle.

i thought all traction control stuff should he helpfull...

anyway i got mild ABS on manual with no clutch all of the rest is off.

oh yeah, driving line is sort of **** too... its all over the place. more missleading then helpfull. had so many situation , where i was going flar out with no problem and line was screaming at me to break...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

i raced the number 1 rated top gear guy and the reason they are getting 1.38's is by not braking at all in the last two corners :eek: fecking hard

there 15 people in club so far. we are doing not bad in world rankings too :D

we need to organise a night race. same car for everyone etc.

i think gt5 lads were doing it. looked like alot of fun.

there 15 people in club so far. we are doing not bad in world rankings too :D

we need to organise a night race. same car for everyone etc.

i think gt5 lads were doing it. looked like alot of fun.

Kia Ceed
    Top Gear Track
    20 Laps

Fun

• Advertisement

Kia Ceed
    Top Gear Track
    20 Laps

Fun

cut it down to 4x5 :D

Told you that steak would make me faster... 1:42.2 I did a 1.41 but hadn't realised I clipped the "Bentley" corner.. Was fairly pi**ed off to say the least

Kia Ceed
    Top Gear Track
    20 Laps

Fun

im nearly sick of seeing that track by now :D when i got this game i did not think a kia ceed would be the car most used by me

unklerosco wrote: »
    Told you that steak would make me faster... 1:42.2 I did a 1.41 but hadn't realised I clipped the "Bentley" corner.. Was fairly pi**ed off to say the least

nothing worse than some of those dirty lap yokes, id be nearly doing 1.38's except for them :mad: in particular the ones on the last two corners

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

tommorow we ride!

tommorow we ride!

I'd rather just race you on Forza if it's ok :p:p

I'd rather just race you on Forza if it's ok :p:p

hehe. its a shame i cant go play now... :(

i might buy some monitor with HDMI so i can use it in my office with my old 360...

misses really in to her master dick chefs and x-factor bastards... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Just applied to join the club , I'm crap thus far at the game but sure its a bit o craic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Just applied to join the club , I'm crap thus far at the game but sure its a bit o craic :D

No it's not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't you read the Terms and Conditions :eek:

If you lose a race to a club member you forfeit the keys to your actual real life car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is the small print im talking about :D

calex71 wrote: »
    No it's not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't you read the Terms and Conditions :eek:

If you lose a race to a club member you forfeit the keys to your actual real life car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is the small print im talking about :D

You forgot the endurance test too.

To be able to Join boards.ie club he has to drive 100 laps in top gear track backwards in Suzuki liana.

Then theres usual 3 months application analysing.

If you get approved, you need to pay 10mil entrance to club fee.

It's easy!

• Advertisement

17 members now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Got the game yesterday. Absolutely loving the Lexus SC300. The car is perfect!

Will be joining the club soon :D

Also does anyone know how to get the drift scores up? I hate the boxes!

Got the game yesterday. Absolutely loving the Lexus SC300. The car is perfect!

Will be joining the club soon :D

You need to get yourself familiar with the kia and the top gear track

Is there any way to impost screenshots from forza to pc? So post here?

You need to get yourself familiar with the kia and the top gear track

be warned though it can destroy your sanity

Ya on console you need to upload them to forza motorsport.net

Then on forzamotorsport.net click on media

be warned though it can destroy your sanity

If damn is. It's awesome that yourrivals are club members.

I so wanted to beat his time!!! I knew his every move by 10th fail!!! When I finally neared his time I was like: fuuuuuuuuck yeaaaaaaaah!!!!!!

It really makes it so more fun, when you can come over and tal to your rival here after! Can't wait to come back from work tomorrow and try to beat Unklerosco time again!!!

I wonder if I am someones rival now and they cursing my name ? ;)

ive a friend who has a 1.40.977 and i must have spent 3 hours trying to beat it today :mad: id kill him if i saw him right now :D

Can we have one night a week where we all race on the top gear track in the KIA??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭deadbloke

Haven't lost this much time to a game since GT4. Only reason that stopped is because my PS2 died in suspicious circumstances.

Was around the same time as I moved in with my missus. Probably not connected though.

Advertisement