Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forza Motorsport 4

Options
  • 16-09-2011 2:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭

Who is getting this and where is doing the best pre-order deal?

I've been looking forward to this for months.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

i will be buying it as 2 and 3 where great, really hope they improve the online lobby system from 3 though, much preferred the one from 2 where you could browse servers and pick one that was exactly what you wanted and hadn't started yet as opposed to turn10 giving you what they think you want in a crappy matchmaking system :( any news on the online system for 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Public lobbys are back thankfully, rivals mode looks like something i'll get a good go out of. http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/underthehood1/

Have the LCE preordered ages ago, i don't mind spending a bit more on Forza as i always get so many hours out of the games.

user lobbies are back :D hopefully there are as many different options to choose from when searching as F2, my hype level just jumped after reading that article, rival mode sounds class as well.

Ea are right feckers arnt they :mad: turn 10 had no problem letting them use ferraris in their games yet Ea block porsche, what douche bags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

i will be buying it as 2 and 3 where great, really hope they improve the online lobby system from 3 though, much preferred the one from 2 where you could browse servers and pick one that was exactly what you wanted and hadn't started yet as opposed to turn10 giving you what they think you want in a crappy matchmaking system :( any news on the online system for 4?

All I'm hoping for is that they make the engine and drivetrain swaps more realistic. It was ridiculous in Forza 3 where you could swap a Corvette engine with RWD into a Chevrolet Kalos. It's just not physically possible.

I also hope they abandon the rewind feature. You can't rewind a race in real life so why have it in a game that's supposed to be a driving simulator.

dont really mind the rewind feature tbh as its completely optional whether you want to use it or not, restarting a race can become fairly annoying and thats not realistic either, i think there should be less credits in a race if you do use the rewind though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Preordered. I am a petrolhead, so this game is a must. Specially what a dissapointment gt5 was...

Atleast shift 2 was great. It actuolly keeping me occupied while forza cOmes out

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

Can't wait for this game to come out, any of the videos I've seen of it look brilliant. I like the fact that all the hard work you put into F3 will count for something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Gamestop seem to be doing the best deal I've seen so far. They are giving five free cars when you pre order.

only a few weeks for this, wheres the hype :confused:

Didn't you heard? Petrolheads are dieng breed. That's what clarkson says in intro of f4 :D.

There are few new videos on gttrailers. It looks great no doubt. It's a shame ms being gay by droping it's own force feedbac wheel from production and not giving license to others to make it. So it's aither 50eu cheap **** or 2k eu fanetec :(. No reasonably priced logitech for xbox I am afraid :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Didn't you heard? Petrolheads are dieng breed. That's what clarkson says in intro of f4 :D.

There are few new videos on gttrailers. It looks great no doubt. It's a shame ms being gay by droping it's own force feedbac wheel from production and not giving license to others to make it. So it's aither 50eu cheap **** or 2k eu fanetec :(. No reasonably priced logitech for xbox I am afraid :(

I was suprised at that Clarkson remark but he may be right.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/underthehood4/ Lots of interesing info on the game here if anyone missed it, can't wait for it. :D

zero19 wrote: »
    I was suprised at that Clarkson remark but he may be right.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/underthehood4/ Lots of interesing info on the game here if anyone missed it, can't wait for it. :D

Season Pass: Today we announced our Forza Motorsport 4 Season Pass, a DLC subscription package for Forza 4 players. Purchasing the Season Pass will give you access to the first six months’ worth of Forza 4 add-on packs—plus one free add-on pack (the American Muscle Car Pack, which we also unveiled today). The Season Pass will cost 2,400 MS Points ($29.99) and represents a 30 percent overall discount as compared to purchasing the DLC packs separately. Individual 10-car packs will cost 560 MS Points ($7) in Forza Motorsport 4. We are also introducing the ability to buy some DLC cars on a per item basis, a feature which will offer players more flexibility and choice to get the cars they want. One side note of interest for Forza 4 DLC cars: Unlike in Forza 3, DLC cars will be seamlessly integrated into World Tour mode—both as AI cars in races as well as in-game gifts you can be rewarded when reaching a new level.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ****!

only a few weeks for this, wheres the hype

Forza 4 first few hours

Hope this preview helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Anyone know if this is on multiple disks like FM3?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

iMuse wrote: »
    Anyone know if this is on multiple disks like FM3?

Yep, it is indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

probably down to 3 being terrible. iv a feeling this will be forza 3 with a few kinect gimmicks added on.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

probably down to 3 being terrible
    How was 3 terrible?

5T3PH3N wrote: »
    How was 3 terrible?

no custom lobbies, perfectly good laps being uncertified when time trialing, 4WD swaps making pretty much 90% of the cars un-usable, DLC cars destroying the leaderboards meaning you had to hand over more money just to compete....

probably down to 3 being terrible. iv a feeling this will be forza 3 with a few kinect gimmicks added on.

the only thing bad about 3 was the lack of custom lobbies which ive heard they brought back for 4, it was definitely the best console sim i have ever played

• Advertisement

the only thing bad about 3 was the lack of custom lobbies which ive heard they brought back for 4, it was definitely the best console sim i have ever played

you didn't play forza 2 or GT5 then ;)

you didn't play forza 2 or GT5 then ;)

played both and still preferred forza 3, put in an insane amount of time into forza 2 and as i said the only thing it did better where the lobbies, bought gt5, brought it back within the week, what a pos unfinished game that was

played both and still preferred forza 3, put in an insane amount of time into forza 2 and as i said the only thing it did better where the lobbies, bought gt5, brought it back within the week, what a pos unfinished game that was

forza 2 was also better for time trials. when you consider the only thing you can do on the game is try to set fast leaderboard times or race online there wasn't exactly a lot to do in F3.

what was unfinished about GT5?

forza 2 was also better for time trials. when you consider the only thing you can do on the game is try to set fast leaderboard times or race online there wasn't exactly a lot to do in F3.

what was unfinished about GT5?

i dont know 80% of the cars, the crappy sp which was as boring as watching paint dry the cluttered menus, it just had a general lack of polish to it which is amazing considering how long it was in development, i love my racing sims but i cant say id be big into time trialing so that never really affected me,

there was a ton to do in forza 3, i pretty much finished the sp championship, got level 50, spent untold hours painting cars, other untold hours tuning cars, on the mp side of things i did a nice bit of circuit racing, stock car but i spent hours and hours just doing cool little game modes like tag and virus, surely setting fast leaderboard times is similar to time trialing?

i dont know 80% of the cars, the crappy sp which was as boring as watching paint dry the cluttered menus, it just had a general lack of polish to it which is amazing considering how long it was in development, i love my racing sims but i cant say id be big into time trialing so that never really affected me,

there was a ton to do in forza 3, i pretty much finished the sp championship, got level 50, spent untold hours painting cars, other untold hours tuning cars, on the mp side of things i did a nice bit of circuit racing, stock car but i spent hours and hours just doing cool little game modes like tag and virus, surely setting fast leaderboard times is similar to time trialing?

so because you have no interest in the cars its unfinished :rolleyes:, ok.

as for the boring SP, that goes for all racing games including forza. its just a grind to get through so it doesn't really count. i thought you might mention paint as something to do and thats another issue i had. its forza MOTORSPORT but yet they had paint and video maker leaderboards. the same goes for the 'cool little games'. they're just gimmicks. theres plenty of games out there that do that kind off thing much better so i cant see why this great 'sim' needs to go after that audience.

and your right, time trialing is just setting LB times.

as for the boring SP, that goes for all racing games including forza. its just a grind to get through so it doesn't really count. i thought you might mention paint as something to do and thats another issue i had. its forza MOTORSPORT but yet they had paint and video maker leaderboards. the same goes for the 'cool little games'. they're just gimmicks. theres plenty of games out there that do that kind off thing much better so i cant see why this great 'sim' needs to go after that audience.

i can call myself a car enthusiast and i will take Forza3 over gt5 any day. i will take shift 2 over GT5.

1. 1200++ cars, from which only 150 were premimm models with high poligon count and cabin cameras. the res of the cars were copy/pasted from gt4 ( i **** you not, they didnt even upgraded models a bit )
    2. choise of premium models is just plain idiocy: Toyota supra mk3 - premium, Toyota supra mk4 - standart. ****y daihatsu roadster premium, Buggati veyron - standart :rolleyes:
    3. No damage physics and collision detection. just standart arcade "bumper" car effect. bump bump bump.
    4. A.I. - non existing. A.I. has a set line and never goes out of it. your opponens are allways on same level and with zero competition for places. to pass some championships in GT5, you actuolly had to suicide hit particular opponent so you could win.

food for thought:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/forza-3-gran-turismo/708121

http://www.lazygamer.net/fixed/gran-turismo-5-non-premium-cars-look-awful-prevent-your-from-taking-close-up-photos/

http://www.lazygamer.net/fixed/you-can-customise-everything-in-gt5-well-everything-in-certain-spots-and-on-certain-cars/

nope because 80% of the cars where literally lifted from gt4 and put into gt5, i couldnt stand being able to use cockpit view one minute and not the next really ruined the immersion for me, i mean make up yer fcuking mind let cockpit be there for all cars or no cars at all, besides the cockpit thing (big peeve of mine) 80% of the cars looked like s**t, and yet people claim gt5 is the best looking racing sim :rolleyes:

found forza's sp much better tbh, i could turn all the difficulties straight up (ai and damage) at my first race, this was not the case with gt5, at least not in the first week unless they patched it, and then you had the stupid set piece races like the VW camper van race, my god some of those sucked, the karting was great fun though

as for painting, tuning, cool game modes not being real motorsports gtfo, no game on the market has a better customization model than forza 3 the end, as for tuning why wouldnt you want that? it makes things bloody interesting knowing everyone isnt driving the same car (which you can do in a certain game mode if you so wish) and those cool game modes keep you entertained when you get sick of racing simple as, its cool that they have all these things in the game and you cant say otherwise

1. 1200++ cars, from which only 150 were premimm models with high poligon count and cabin cameras. the res of the cars were copy/pasted from gt4 ( i **** you not, they didnt even upgraded models a bit )

and graphics affect the gameplay how exactly? lets take F3. blocky and somtimes non existant shadows, gauges not working on half the cars that even had a proper dashboard view while the rest just had a horrible black outline and you were left to use your imagination :pac:. both are far from perfect in that department but it makes no difference imo.
    2. choise of premium models is just plain idiocy: Toyota supra mk3 - premium, Toyota supra mk4 - standart. ****y daihatsu roadster premium, Buggati veyron - standart :rolleyes:

sort of agree but i actually drive the cars rather than look at them.
    3. No damage physics and collision detection. just standart arcade "bumper" car effect. bump bump bump.

rubbish, collisions are far better than previous GT's. the cars feel much heavier when you hit them.
    4. A.I. - non existing. A.I. has a set line and never goes out of it. your opponens are allways on same level and with zero competition for places. to pass some championships in GT5, you actuolly had to suicide hit particular opponent so you could win.

if your crashing to win it means your bad at the game. the AI in forza is just as bad so i dont see your point.

no thanks.

i will take shift 2 over GT5.
    says it all really.

as for painting, tuning, cool game modes not being real motorsports gtfo, no game on the market has a better customization model than forza 3 the end, as for tuning why wouldnt you want that? it makes things bloody interesting knowing everyone isnt driving the same car (which you can do in a certain game mode if you so wish) and those cool game modes keep you entertained when you get sick of racing simple as, its cool that they have all these things in the game and you cant say otherwise

i never said tuning was pointless, i did a lot of it myself. why though would they put so much focus on painting and video making in a so called racing sim while at the same taking out the whole racing aspect (custom lobbies). the number of people online in the first few weeks speaks for itself. these 'cool game modes' were stuck in to try to get a few back but the game was long dead by then.

• Advertisement

and graphics affect the gameplay how exactly? lets take F3. blocky and somtimes non existant shadows, gauges not working on half the cars that even had a proper dashboard view while the rest just had a horrible black outline and you were left to use your imagination :pac:. both are far from perfect in that department but it makes no difference imo.

sort of agree but i actually drive the cars rather than look at them.

rubbish, collisions are far better than previous GT's. the cars feel much heavier when you hit them.

if your crashing to win it means your bad at the game. the AI in forza is just as bad so i dont see your point.

no thanks.

says it all really.

is it me or is it very douche to answer, by qouting each sentence?

gt5 was rubbish and you know it m8. just maybe good old school GT that brought you to the world of SIM drivers is not letting you to admit it.

gt5 physics better then old ones, yes, but is is better then other games? lol no, it wouldnt be even good for arcade game. it makes BUMP sound when you hit car and it automaticly pushes you away!!!! ITS A SIM!!! how could they let it go?!
    Forza 3 A.I is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better then gt5, it actuolly reacts at what player does, wheres in all GT series it goes by best line out there and newer interacts. after first lap, you will newer see then changing theyr spots, they will just go in to train line and thats it!

GT was my first sim. It was my first baby step in petrolheads journey. Unfortunatly now its ****. With amount of recourses and time they had, it could have been best game in its class. Now it just left a bad taste in my mouth.

Advertisement