Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forza Motorsport 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

great game of car soccer today lads :D
    Yeah it was good craic alright, got a little hectic at times but that just made it more fun. What night would suit everyone for setting up a few games during the week?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Im on most nights from 7-10

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

any night except tuesday as im working :(

Thursday sound good then? around 7 or 8?

il be on thursday night so, what kind of racing do ye all want to do?

• Advertisement

Not sure, defo get a bit of car football in and see what else people want to do. Maybe try tag, I haven't tried it yet myself and what do you reckon?

yeah tag is great craic, spent a ton of time doing it in forza 3, we do a bit of A class racing around the top gear track as well, we all pretty much have that memorized by now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

I'll be up for this when my copy arrives!

the more the merrier :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I'm free all week...

• Advertisement

Im liking the sounds of that set up, any pics to make us all jealous?

DSC02355.JPG

DSC02348.JPG

X factor, Americas next top model and Strictly Come Dancing free zone... Bliss...

everyone should join the club, birl

ah god that setup looks amazing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

great game of car soccer today lads :D
    dor83 wrote: »
    Yeah it was good craic alright, got a little hectic at times but that just made it more fun. What night would suit everyone for setting up a few games during the week?

Yeah it was good craic alright. I was thinking car + soccer would be crap but its some craic. BTW my name on Xbox is ZippyIJK not lafors like here, must get around to changing my name here :)
    il be on thursday night so, what kind of racing do ye all want to do?

Deffo on for Thursday night, the missus is out for the night and the young lad should be in bed by 8 so count me in :)
    Get some soccer in alright and some races and maybe some of that tag stuff you were talking about.

Il be on thursday for defo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Anyone else having trouble connecting to rivals/club? says servers down for me.

yeah their severs are a bit crazy at the moment, they did say they where working on it though

yeah their severs are a bit crazy at the moment, they did say they where working on it though

You left our game to post on boards ..tut..tut

i left the game as ive spent far too much time on that thing today :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

have to try the manual with clutch

How do you operate the clutch on a normal control pad?

I gave Forza 4 another chance today to redeem itself, but I just can't warm to it. Another thing I noticed (and I think it's been the same with all the previous games) is that if you are racing an identical car to yours you are always much faster than the opponent, even when your car is totally stock.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

If some kind soul wants to buy my rubbish vinyl group so I get the achievement the keyword is calex :o

VolvoMan wrote: »
    How do you operate the clutch on a normal control pad?

I gave Forza 4 another chance today to redeem itself, but I just can't warm to it. Another thing I noticed (and I think it's been the same with all the previous games) is that if you are racing an identical car to yours you are always much faster than the opponent, even when your car is totally stock.

LB is clutch, if you hate racing ai just race online, i can safely say that in some of those S class sp races ive done the AI has had much quicker cars, its only my corner taking that wins it for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

LB is clutch, if you hate racing ai just race online, i can safely say that in some of those S class sp races ive done the AI has had much quicker cars, its only my corner taking that wins it for me

Yeah some cars when tuned to max are just nowhere close to other tuned cars of the same class but later breaking at corners can help you scoot by :)

another thing to keep in mind is not all level rewards are equal....

http://uk.gamespot.com/features/6338910/forza-4-free-reward-cars-price-guide

• 1965 Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe - 5,000,000
    • 1966 Ford GT40 MkII - 1,500,000
    • 1967 Ferrari 330 P4 - 9,000,000
    all from the same level reward lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Ok lads,

Ferrari F40 Competition

No aids

Manual with cluth.

Top Gear One mile drag strip.

Post the times ;)

just out of interest the guys that are doing the top gear rivals challenge, what line speed and gears are ye using in the last two turns off the straight? im destroying my time until i get to those last corners :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Okay, can someone explain me that now...

I allways used auto box in racing games as I was **** at manual in games.

I was stuck on one ever for awile, but today I tried out manual and I just fecking walked over them!!!! I miss shifted amd used wrong gears in corners, but I was dominating ai!!!

Why?! What does auto box do in games so wrongly?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Okay, can someone explain me that now...

I allways used auto box in racing games as I was **** at manual in games.

I was stuck on one ever for awile, but today I tried out manual and I just fecking walked over them!!!! I miss shifted amd used wrong gears in corners, but I was dominating ai!!!

Why?! What does auto box do in games so wrongly?!

Changes gear too early in auto i think.

I can't join anyones game when i get an invite is anyone else having problems?

I think the shifts are slightly slower also... manual is much faster..

god trying to break the 1.41 mark on the kia top gear rivals challenge is doing my head in :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Unkclerosco!! Just got you there!!! **** yeah! 144.204!!! Went from 1.45.78 I think.

FFs I tas hard man! Your second turn is fecking perfect! I couldn't get you on it! I get you in turn 1, you get me in turn 2, then I evened it out on hammer head, and after that just floored it!!!

Damn I love this rival and club thing!!!!

Advertisement