Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forza Motorsport 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

finally beat that time you put down on the top gear track with the kia dor83 :D took me a while, had to do it before i head to work for the night
    Well done, my mission is to take another 1.500 off that time I set myself coz I made a few mistakes and think I can do better, not having any luck atm though, can't seem to get it all together.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Currently 8 people in the club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I just saw on the achievements list one for importing a save from Forza 3, I wasn't prompted to do this as my F3 save is on my xbox at home. I don't see an option either for doing it.

Will I have to start a new game??? I might quit playing now until I get back to my own place tomorrow, Im only at level 4 so better off doing it now I guess.

How many credits do you guys have?? Im on 258k level 10

How many credits do you guys have?? Im on 258k level 10
    I have over 600k but I've bought a ferrari and upgraded a couple of others so spent a bit too. I think I'm getting 100-150k for beating a rival time on the Top Gear challenge, that's way too much imo. I can't believe how easy it is to get credits in this, it took me ages to get that much in 2(didn't play much of 3) and I've already got about 1m this time in under 10 hours of play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

dor83 wrote: »
    I have over 600k but I've bought a ferrari and upgraded a couple of others so spent a bit too. I think I'm getting 100-150k for beating a rival time on the Top Gear challenge, that's way too much imo. I can't believe how easy it is to get credits in this, it took me ages to get that much in 2(didn't play much of 3) and I've already got about 1m this time in under 10 hours of play.

Plus once you're Car Manufacturer Affinity Level 4 all upgrades are free for that Manufacturer!?!?! Mad move imo...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

yeah must have 700k just from doing rivals, i dont mind though tis great craic :D

Well done, my mission is to take another 1.500 off that time I set myself coz I made a few mistakes and think I can do better, not having any luck atm though, can't seem to get it all together.

that was a very good time you had when i beat it, must have taken me an hour to finally get it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am out tonight, but I'll try fire her up tomorrow :)

So it's 8 of us already? I bet I am last in top gear KIA challenge :D

I am so embarrassed but I got myself type-r civic... Needed n/a trOlolol

that was a very good time you had when i beat it, must have taken me an hour to finally get it :(
    It was a decent time but I knocked a couple of tenths of it and know I can get another second off it at least, I made a couple of mistakes on the lap and I didn't have my best start so the time is there. I can't get your ghost to work, I like racing against ghosts because it gives me a better reference as to how I'm doing.

• Advertisement

I am out tonight, but I'll try fire her up tomorrow :)

So it's 8 of us already? I bet I am last in top gear KIA challenge :D

I am so embarrassed but I got myself type-r civic... Needed n/a trOlolol

Up to 10 people now. My best so far in KIA was 1:47

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

Looks like I need to get Live, I got 1:45:142 in the Kia around the Top Gear track first time.

Looks like I need to get Live, I got 1:45:142 in the Kia around the Top Gear track first time.
    Was that from a standing start? That's a very good first time if it was, the rivals challenge is and myself and Icyseanfitz are in the 1.42's and that is with a good bit of trying.

Just playing siccer with Icy sean fitz.. Great Craic

Was that from a standing start? That's a very good first time if it was, the rivals challenge is and myself and Icyseanfitz are in the 1.42's and that is with a good bit of trying.

It was from a standing start, First time with the Kia, and First time on the track.
    I can get at 1:42 if I try hard. I've been into Forza for a year now, played GT4 before that. I only play Forza and no other game.

It was from a standing start, First time with the Kia, and First time on the track.
    I can get at 1:42 if I try hard. I've been into Forza for a year now, played GT4 before that. I only play Forza and no other game.
    Getting that time on your first go is excellent, I'd say that you would get it under the 1.40 then because my first time was over 1.48 I think and I reckon I can get about 1:41.500 at least.

yeah car soccer is great fun, id limit the lobbies to like 8 players though, anything more is mayhem :D as for the kia challenge, i know i can do better myself it will just take a lot of effort, i see these guys with 1.38's and im trying to figure out where the fcuk they got it from :eek: some of these guys are getting crazy steady acceleration as well i cant figure it out, they must be using automatic or something

we have to set up some race night for the club as well, we have a nice number of members now :D

For those of us who don't have Live, can we post pic of the lap time with the class of the car clearly visible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

yeah car soccer is great fun, id limit the lobbies to like 8 players though, anything more is mayhem :D as for the kia challenge, i know i can do better myself it will just take a lot of effort, i see these guys with 1.38's and im trying to figure out where the fcuk they got it from :eek: some of these guys are getting crazy steady acceleration as well i cant figure it out, they must be using automatic or something

Im the player with the 1.37 :p ive gained a lot of time by using Manual w/Clutch as it allows me to scrub speed before corners and also learning what gears in what corners makes a huge difference. I was in the 1.40s using automatic and using manual w/clutch i hit an invalid 1.36.1 because i ran wide on the last corner:mad:

• Advertisement

Just a quick question. what assists do you guys use?

I use ABS and manual, but can't use the clutch, and find that once you get used to not using the TCS and STM it's quite a bit faster. I also reckon using the clutch would be faster but just can't figure it out(I'm the same in real life too lol).

Did a 1:39 in Free play (Not a standing start). My best standing start was 1:44

ABS : Off
    TCS : Off
    Stability Control : Off
    Steering Assist : Off
    Gearing : Manual With Clutch

Basically, I get 165% of the winnings which is pretty much ridiculous as compared to a 100% of Forza 4

have to try the manual with clutch

have to try the manual with clutch
    I've been trying it this morning and it is much faster if you get it right, I set my best time with it and am pretty bad with the clutch. I've had times as low as 1:41.100 that I just over ran a corner and it was not allowed so there is a lot of time to be gained using it.

EDIT: Getting used to the clutch now, best time is 1:41.244, which is just inside the top 500 so I'm going to leave it at that for a while coz I really should go and get some college work done now. I'll try again later or tomorrow to get under 1:41 coz I reckon I can get at least another .500 off that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

No racing for me today :(. Misses watching all x factor bull****...

It's a shame my monitors are not hdmi :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

No racing for me today :(. Misses watching all x factor bull****...

It's a shame my monitors are not hdmi :(

U need to do what I did, stick a shed down the end of the garden.. I've a HD projector, 90" screen, la z boy recliner, surround sound. If it had a jacks in it I'd never leave!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

unklerosco wrote: »
    U need to do what I did, stick a shed down the end of the garden.. I've a HD projector, 90" screen, la z boy recliner, surround sound. If it had a jacks in it I'd never leave!!

Im liking the sounds of that set up, any pics to make us all jealous?

• Advertisement

great game of car soccer today lads :D

Advertisement