Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sum up an artists entire song catalogue in one sentence

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

The Artic Monkeys: "I got pissed last night and got into a fight outside some chippers yeah mate"

Iron Maiden: "WAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRR AND HUMANITIES MY LUNGS ARE SO FACKING POWERFULLLLL!!" (just kidding. Theyre one of my favorite bands ever)

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭merengueca

Status Quo - Les Battersby tribute act

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Burky126

Rush - There Rush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Westlife- Louis wanted a group of lads to **** over and got them to make **** garbage music that appeals to housewives and young girls.

The Script- Music that is the result of squatting over a piece of paper, taking a big smelly dump on it and then using **** stained paper for song lyrics and sheet music.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers- Taking Californication and recycling it over and over again.

Ke$ha - Songs that describe her life in which her main ambition is to contract every STD known to mankind.

Every rapper ever - I'm the greatest rapper/drug dealer/killer ever and totally not gay.
    Sting- Shoma shing shooba dippada dobba dobba brand new day.

Rihanna - She could sing Baa Baa Black Sheep for all i care. I'd ride the arse off her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭carlybabe1

El Weirdo wrote: »
    I think Nick Cave summed it up quite nicely when he said:

:eek: Seriously!!! HE has the AUDACITY to slag off the CHILI PEPPERS!!

Ehhh HELLOOOOO POT, KETTLE IS CALLING

Ive heard more talented farts come out my puppies asss :rolleyes:
    *drools and awaits Rhianna to enter the thread with a similar statement.

Rhianna meet beyonce
    Vanilla Ice - A less sweary version of Eminem.

And Jedwards style inspiration

Kesha
    I'm a fùcking waster and a whore, this is the life.

Fookin love her, she looks like she has fuuuun :D

BrianJD wrote: »
    Bob Dylan

I'm going to fit these extra five words into the sentence even though they won't fit and finish the extra long line with a harmonica riff.

Love the guy though.

But first ill make sure they dont even rhyme, never mind make sense, and i'll warbble them out in the same tonnnnnnne...just like your doing nowowwww
    Bob Dylan - the greatest lyricist to have ever lived.

Oh good godddddd no!! :(
    Get out. Get out now.

You go too :D

Rhianna

Id get up on anything to further my career, and keep in the public eye, and its nothing short of a miracle (and my HUUUUUUUge gyne bill) that Im not crwaling with everthing

Go home and scour yourself ye fookin minger :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Burky126 wrote: »
    Rush - There Rush.
    Where Rush? Rush Everywhere! :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

carlybabe1 wrote: »
    :eek: Seriously!!! HE has the AUDACITY to slag off the CHILI PEPPERS!!

Ehhh HELLOOOOO POT, KETTLE IS CALLING

Ive heard more talented farts come out my puppies asss :rolleyes:

Rhianna meet beyonce

And Jedwards style inspiration

Kesha
    I'm a fùcking waster and a whore, this is the life.

Fookin love her, she looks like she has fuuuun :D

But first ill make sure they dont even rhyme, never mind make sense, and i'll warbble them out in the same tonnnnnnne...just like your doing nowowwww

[/B]

Oh good godddddd no!! :(

You go too :D

Rhianna

Id get up on anything to further my career, and keep in the public eye, and its nothing short of a miracle (and my HUUUUUUUge gyne bill) that Im not crwaling with everthing

Go home and scour yourself ye fookin minger :mad:
    Jesus, that post is a bit of a mess - links don't work, typos all over the shop and quotes all messed up.

I wouldn't bother editing it though because what I could make out was a load of old bollocks, anyway.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,477 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Nickelback

Seriously man, grow a pair and get over the bitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

Arctic Monkeys: actually, believe at least some of the hype

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

cheryl cole:

I cant sing for ****e, why-aye!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Dana

I'm a lovely girl. Everything is wonderful.

Jesus, that post is a bit of a mess - links don't work, typos all over the shop and quotes all messed up.

I wouldn't bother editing it though because what I could make out was a load of old bollocks, anyway.

:p

I Know, like WTF :( havent even been at the voddie :rolleyes:

well i'll translate for ye, Nick Cave has less musical talent than the farts that pop out of my puppies arsse, so he is in no position to slag trhcp

Also, vanilla ice looks like he could be the inspiration for jedwards ehhh 'style'

Kesha looks like a crazy bitch who doesnt give a flyin ...., but she sure looks like shes havin fun

And rhianna I suspect spends a small fortune in gynecological services so that shes not crawling with shlt....actually, maybe its itchyness that makes her gyrate against...well.....just about anything, with or without a pulse

:D:D:D nowwwwww, is that easier for ye :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I Know, like WTF :( havent even been at the voddie :rolleyes:

well i'll translate for ye, Nick Cave has less musical talent than the farts that pop out of my puppies arsse, so he is in no position to slag trhcp

Also, vanilla ice looks like he could be the inspiration for jedwards ehhh 'style'

Kesha looks like a crazy bitch who doesnt give a flyin ...., but she sure looks like shes havin fun

And rhianna I suspect spends a small fortune in gynecological services so that shes not crawling with shlt....actually, maybe its itchyness that makes her gyrate against...well.....just about anything, with or without a pulse

:D:D:D nowwwwww, is that easier for ye :p
    Yeah, got all that. Hence the
    load of old bollocks
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

>implying that's not an image the record company has created for her that some people actually can't see through :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Nick Cave has less musical talent than the farts that pop out of my puppies arsse, so he is in no position to slag trhcp

I can't help but hope you are messing.

People seem to be endlessly making the mistake that because they don't like something the person who produced it is talentless.

Cave has serious musical chops, whether you like his stuff or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

System Of A Down

Gave the world "Chop Suey!", and other-stuff-I've-looked-up-a-couple-of-times-but-which-hasn't-impacted-on-my-memory-not-that-it-matters-cos-Chop-Suey!-is-sonic-catharsis-and-the-video-is-:eek:ing-inspired-including-the-under-performer-twirly-shots

• Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Frank Zappa: The single greatest composer, social commentator, individualist, singer-songwriter, guitarist, record producer, band leader,and film director of the late 20th Century .

Sometimes brilliant. Sometimes completely unlistenable
    P.S. as good a guitar player as Hendrix when he chose to play it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Scooter = dire dance music for skangers.

>implying that's not an image the record company has created for her that some people actually can't see through :rolleyes:

ehhh sorry, my bad :o didnt realise we were havin a serious musical discussion, must have wondered into the wrong forum, thought i was in that fun one, whats the name again, oh yeah AH :o....ohhh wait :rolleyes:
    Yeah, got all that. Hence the ;)

People seem to be endlessly making the mistake that because they don't like something the person who produced it is talentless.

Ummm yeah, I have a pretty broad spectrum for music, and I know what you mean kind of, as in I have heard some of what i thought shlte musicians coming out with crackers, and vice versa, however, when you consistently
    dislike music an artist produces (or should i say when I) then no, he has nooo musical chops, imo.....I think hes shlTe...but thats just my opinion......like a$rseholes, its just as well we all have one, the world would be pretty f8cked up otherwise :D

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭leposean

Green Day

Amazingly, Moronic, essence of partying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kingtubby

David Bowie

Pop done right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

ACDC all the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 suarez9

Thunderstruck acdc or stone roses 2nd coming. Pure class!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭k.p.h

Being a mad Cave and RHCP fan I have listened to both catalogues numerous times. And to be honest one calling the other works "s***" is actually a bit silly. Actually the themes in both their music are fairly narcissistic and introverted at times. Completely different styles too.

They are both awesome, no doubt.

Connor Oberst/ Bright Eyes - I'm a great pretender and can be pretentious at will .. Please love me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Kold wrote: »
    'Up there with Tupac in terms of skill' is pretty mediocre really, which is about right.

About right, alright.

But I'm not going to waste any more energy arguing the toss over a genre that I find to be retarded (for the most part) anyway.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

ZZZZZZ at anyone taking criticism of other musicians seriously. :rolleyes:

John Lennon solo: I love you Yoko. I'm sorry Yoko. I miss Mommy.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Shiner11

Kanye West

"Ugh.....(insert ridiculous lyrics)......yeah, ugh........yeah" x 3 to 5 mins in length.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Kylie Minogue

No arse No career

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

He also has an ass that can accommodate about 100,000 people.

What do you mean? He's fat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Michael Buble

"You haven't met me yet, and you probably never will. But anyway.....line my pockets bitches!!!"

Advertisement