Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sum up an artists entire song catalogue in one sentence

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭CapriSunFun

Hey, we're Two Door Cinema Club. You know that song from that ad on tv? Yeah, and that other ad too, and the other one? Yeah, that's us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

Happy mondays - acid, hash and maracas

• Registered Users Posts: 12,676 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Manchester bands - overhyped and overrated since the 80s. They can't accept that The Beatles came from Liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Bobby42

Underworld:
    Music to do yolks by.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Hey, we're Two Door Cinema Club. You know that song from that ad on tv? Yeah, and that other ad too, and the other one? Yeah, that's us.

they really are the epitomy of shíte

• Advertisement

They've taken the Vampire Weekend/Paul Simon South African b@llocks theme and expanded it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭CapriSunFun

And their music seems to be everywhere! They've had about 3 or 4 of their songs on adverts now right? I'm not just imagining this am I?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 loughallenlass

Basshunter:

Now your gone..............(about bloody time!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Aphex Twin - I'm gonna fück with your head

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭AoifeCork

Razorlight-We are the worst men of all time ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Lady Ga Ga:

'I am so challenging and 21st century, while looking and acting like a harlot.'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Sultans of Ping: Can anyone help us locate an item of clothing we seem to have mislaid?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

cml387 wrote: »
    "Status Quo- G,D and F"

What I like about them is they know this and ironically called their newest album, "In Search of the 4th Chord".

...and they are good live!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

iamstop wrote: »
    Ice T - I don't trust cops so I play one on TV.

Why wouldn't he?
    Robert DeNiro probably doesn't trust mafia members, but he still plays them in movies.
    And, anyway, the song you refer to was a protest song aimed a particular police force, the LAPD, that was subsuquently proven to be extremely untrustworthy, to put it mildly; it wasn't an attack on law-enforcement as a concept or on all police.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

-Royseven: we are ****e, but you can't say that because we're a small Irish band.

-A Perfect Circle: Because Tool songs are too long for radio play.

-REM: People think we are miserable but our lyrics are surprisingly uplifting and positive.

-Ke$ha: It'd be easier to list the number I haven't ****ed.

-Pink: RARGH IM SO ALTERNATIVE LOOK AT MY PIERCING but I'm also sensitive...NANANA NA NANA NA!

-Red Hot Chilli Peppers: California.

-Interpol: We love Joy Division and life is great!

-Editors: We love Joy Division and life is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Garth Brooks

"Filling that oh-so-vital niche in the music industry, the one for culchies and rednecks"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Christy Moore - Got up at crack of dawn, milked cows, fed horses, shot local rival.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭slowlydownwards

Foo Fighters*: Auto-Tune for electric guitars.

* The period when Pat Smear was not in the band.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

Dixie Chicks 'We're so white trash that we literally couldn't think of another name for the band other than how we wish to be perceived'

Pink Floyd 'Don't try to think, just sit back, smoke that joint and enjoy the awesomeness'

Van Halen 'YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, YELLOW SPANDEX & SHAAAAAAAAAAAADES, WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!'

Dream Theater '40 year old men singing low-grade teenage emo music with really pretentious song titles'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Plumpynutt wrote: »
    this is just so wrong:(

some of the most forward thinking and progressive music is electronic music, despite what you may think. there's a whole lot more than the unz unz that you speak of

also lets not generalise here its not"skanger music", just like indie music isn't just for hipster cnuts, chart isn't all braindead morons, and rock isn't all hairy smelly rockers.

You raise a point. Still completely irrelevant for Tiesto though. Most of what he makes is disposable ****. See Boards Of Canada or Amon Tobin for a better side of electronic music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pauro 76

Andrew WK - Let's party.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Avril Levine:

Im like so totally street and individual with my t shirt and tie and sk8ter boy gear. Log onto www.looklikeavril.aol.**** and buy sh1t so you can be individual just like me.
    Oh and if anyone like sees my career please mail it back to me and sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭melissavm

fullstop wrote: »
    The Script - "I had a girlfriend once, she broke up with me and now I'm sad so I wrote a lot of songs about her in the hope of getting her back".

Adele - The same but in female form.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

Cydoniac wrote: »
    You raise a point. Still completely irrelevant for Tiesto though. Most of what he makes is disposable ****. See Boards Of Canada or Amon Tobin for a better side of electronic music.

I love both, I'm not a fan of Tiesto, or any trance for that matter, but i just thought i should put a good word in for electronic music in general

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

Rush - "Rush"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

The Prodigy-
    Keith Flint screaming and speaker explodes.

Moby-
    The REM of dance music.

Orbital-
    All our music reminds me of morning time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

bradlente wrote: »
    Rush - "Rush"
    Rush - The worst excuse for a drum solo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Zen65

Enya - "Enjoy your journey in this elevator"

Leonard Cohen - "It's time that we began to laugh, and cry, .....but mostly cry"

Simon and Garfunkel - "Hello lamp post, tell Art he's fired. Just the sound of silence between us now"

The Corrs - "Let's make as much money as we can before Jim starts talking and ruins it all for us"

The Cranberries - "Everybody else is talented, why aren't we?"

Robbie Williams - "I should have quit when I was winning"

Take That - "and that, and that, and that"

Morrissey - "I love being bipolar, it's sh!te"

Matt Cardle - " "

Abba - "Bjorn and Benny take it all"

Elton John - "Rock it, man - like a candle in the wind"

Adele - "If you dump me I'll sing about you till you come back to me"

Z

Bananarama - let's wear incredibly cheap clothing and sing in unison with incredibly weak insipid voices. No need for any harmonies. If we released a fart, it would go top 10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

Springsteen - Oneeee Hoooo Hreeeeee Furrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......Allllllllllllright

Advertisement