Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy has 16 weeks to save his career

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

mikom wrote: »
    Only on a Saturday.........

oh that's clever, Joe Duffy says "well done, well done"..
    But a senior insider said: "You have to look at Miriam O'Callaghan's figures for her chatshow during the summer. They were at a record high. Then Ryan comes back and everything starts to go awry.

I didnt realise that Miriam's show did so well.. :confused: I think this may have a lot to do with her own personal popularity.. The people of Ireland seem to really have a huge respect and like for her as intelligent and amiable working mother.. I'm sure this only compounds the pressure on Tubs..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

easychair wrote: »
    I'm afraid you have misheard, or at least misread, as no one here in the office has been reading this thread out loud. I did draw others attention to something funny and which made us all laugh, and if you glean from that that I rad the whole thread out loud to the office, then that appears to show you leaping to incorrect conclusions!

As I have no idea what a "DLB" is , I have been unable to "fill in " anyone else as to what it is.

you have no idea what DLB is ffs

You hate tubbers one minute then back him up the next,i certainly cant figure you out at all i think you must sleepwalk to the pc during the night in you office,where you watch tubbers online and dont pay a licence fee,and suddenly become the tubridy expert on several threads,swaggering different types of innuendo to the posts you make.
    You seem to be creating puzzles in which you get lost putting them back together yourself.

DLB in your so called office in cloud 76 means Dementia with Lewy bodies (DLB):D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭easychair

telekon wrote: »
    Now now, it didn't quite happen that way did it. First of all it was never meant to be funny and for that matter isn't....at all.

Chances are your English buddies there in the office don't know what a Tubridy is.

Chances are they fake laughed at it in an awkward fashion, and then proceeded to roll their eyes at you behind your back.

Chances are you're the 'strange' one in the office that nobody likes. The lad who wastes their working time by pointing out things on the internet that have no relevance to anything.

If indeed you actually 'work in an office in London'.

Sorry , I missed your post earlier.

If it gives you some sort of comfort to believe what you imagine about me, then go ahead. I have no views or opinions about you whatever.

Sorry , I missed your post earlier.

If it gives you some sort of comfort to believe what you imagine about me, then go ahead. I have no views or opinions about you whatever.

looking for friend alert!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,796 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

oh that's clever, Joe Duffy says "well done, well done"..

I didnt realise that Miriam's show did so well.. :confused: I think this may have a lot to do with her own personal popularity.. The people of Ireland seem to really have a huge respect and like for her as intelligent and amiable working mother.. I'm sure this only compounds the pressure on Tubs..

is ryan tubridy not a working father?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

is ryan tubridy not a working father?

Is 2 hrs a day really working?

Poly wrote: »
    Is 2 hrs a day really working?

In fairness, broadcasting for 2 hours a day does not mean there is no preparation or work involved before or after broadcasting. Does anyone really think that a broadcaster arrives in studio a minute before the broadcast starts and leaves immediately after the broadcast finishes?

Turbidy broadcasts for 13 hours a week, 10 on radio and 3 on tv, and I imagine that also takes many hours preparation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

In fairness, broadcasting for 2 hours a day does not mean there is no preparation or work involved before or after broadcasting. Does anyone really think that a broadcaster arrives in studio a minute before the broadcast starts and leaves immediately after the broadcast finishes?

Turbidy broadcasts for 13 hours a week, 10 on radio and 3 on tv, and I imagine that also takes many hours preparation.

Yea, 10 minutes on wikipedia and youtube is really exhaustive...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,376 ✭✭✭jmcc

bijapos wrote: »
    I think Philip Boucher Hayes is worth a shot, he took over from Duffy on Liveline last summer for a week or two and was excellent. He is also doing a good job on Drivetime at the moment, so why not give him a shot at the TV slot too.
    As long as he doesn't have to ring anyone to do an interview. He might end up ringing Nigeria and talking to the wrong person. :)

Regards...jmcc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Yeah, the researchers are killed out.

• Advertisement

In fairness, broadcasting for 2 hours a day does not mean there is no preparation or work involved

That's our main gripe with the show Easy.
    There doesn't seem to be any Prep or research done by Mr. Tubs.
    (unless of course, you count reading the papers while eating your breakfast in the RTE canteen)

The show is a repetitive, rambling mess.

(unless of course, you count reading the papers while eating your breakfast in the RTE canteen)

And yet you seem to continue to listen to it. A mystery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

And yet you continue to enter threads where negative post are made about Tubridy.
    Another mystery.
    Anyone got these guys on speed-dial..........
    mystery-machine3.jpg

As of two minutes ago in the Tubridy radio thread....
    Hi Suzie. From reading this thread, it looks as if it's mainly designed to let the same few guys listen to his show, then come here and say how dreadful it is, how dreadful he is, how appalled they are at how bad the show is, go on to make personal and nasty remarks about him, before rushing back to listen to the show some more.

I suppose the last laugh is on Tubridy as they at lest boost his listenership figures!

You're coddin' nobody with your propaganda campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 james405

Maybe Gay could give the late late another run! :) Never a fan of Ryan!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

After the CGJ interview I've given up. I'll probably still check in on the LLS thread on boards (pulse of the nation, thank you JonAnon) but I just can't take any more of Tubridy's abrupt style, complete lack of empathy and apparent lack of knowledge about his guests. It's taken 2 seasons for me to give up on him as I find him quite good on the radio for the most part (he needs to avoid anything to do with sport/common folk).

I'd like to see John Murray give it a go, or maybe see Collette Fitzpatrick poached from TV3 - both of them are good at the light entertainment stuff but can still ask the right questions of more serious guests. Neither seems to have a massive ego either - the problem with most of the RTE stalwarts is that they've been living in their Montrose campus for so long that they think tv is all about them, not their viewers/guests. Moncrieff would be good too. I don't like Kathryn Thomas at all, or the Seoige's, Daithi O'Sé etc.

And you seem to keep posting here day in day out saying the same thing we are now bored with so why are you here?

jimmynokia wrote: »
    And you seem to keep posting here day in day out saying the same thing we are now bored with so why are you here?

"We" ?

No mystery, myself and others here enjoy the show for the "Partrigde factor"
    I'm normally on Newstalk but I do enjoy his cringe worthy "banter" with the newsreaders

it's so bad it's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,938 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

"We" ?
    you are very pre-occupied with the word "we" today easychair

No mystery, myself and others here enjoy the show for the "Partrigde factor"
    I'm normally on Newstalk but I do enjoy his cringe worthy "banter" with the newsreaders

it's so bad it's good.

Thats fair enough, and I first heard Alan Partridge on Radio 4 years ago. Tubridy lacks Partridge's panache, though!

I suppose what I dislike is the apparent joy some seem to take when they say horrible, nasty and personal things about him. Its fair enough to criticise his show, but the personal nastiness says more about the person saying it than about Tubridy.

• Advertisement

you are very pre-occupied with the word "we" today easychair

Really? I thought I spent the day preoccupied with work, and I'm still working now at 6.10 in the evening.

I wondered who the other poster meant when he said he was speaking on behalf of "we", as I sort of assumed posters here spoke for themselves and not on others or groups of others. If asking who he means by "we" suggests to you that I am preoccupied with it, then I'm afraid you are far off the mark!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,648 ✭✭✭✭briany

I'd love to see Moncrieff being given a go at something like that. Then again, I'm still sort of hoping that The End will be revived. :o RTE certainly couldn't do any worse than an anarchic late night television strand. Something like Apartment RED could work really well there, too.

What's Derek Davis doing these days?

"We" ?

Use you pc in your office you dont pay a licence fee on to google the word WE.:)

also we see how much tubbers is a coward just like somebody else i know

"RTE chiefs would like to see Tubridy do a major publicity round to address the show's reputational damage -- but the presenter is notoriously shy of subjecting himself to interview.

Ryan has refused Herald requests for an interview."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Oh sweet suffering Jesus. The irony is probably lost on you.

Aidric wrote: »

Ah look who it is with a new friend on toe what a happy couple you guys make lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

briany wrote: »

What's Derek Davis doing these days?

he is retired I understand

I wasnt much of a fan of G Ryan,the present chap, or even D Fanning for that matter so whoever is doing the show wouldnt make any difference to me probably, but Mr Tubridy might be better on a show about reviewing books or summit.But RTE would be better off scrapping that LLS for good, and dont have anyone do it.

Aidric wrote: »

I agree that the irony is probably lost on the poster. His only response seems to be a personal attack on posters, and ignore the argument, which says more about him that he might suppose.

jimmyw wrote: »

But RTE would be better off scrapping that LLS for good, and dont have anyone do it.

No don't scrap it, re-invent it.
    The LLS should up the IQ level, along the lines of BBC's Newsnight on a Fri night.
    Proper book/movie reviews, balanced debate and interesting guests with a few talented bands/artists thrown in.

No celebrity bullsh1t, RTE staffers,louis walsh puppets or disease of the week segments.

Tubs has to go of course, rotate the host untill we find a suitable canidate

• Registered Users Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭squonk

I was no fan of G. Ryan in general but I was very surprised by the job he did on the LLS the night they let him loose on it. It was one of the few LLS highpoints since Gaybo left.

• Advertisement

I agree that the irony is probably lost on the poster. His only response seems to be a personal attack on posters, and ignore the argument, which says more about him that he might suppose.

The problem is you, you dont know your backside from your elbow and still cant grasp that,you come here following me around like a bad smell post the same thing day in and day out and have some kind of game going on.with yourself. Your up for tubs one day and against him the next,you side with people one day and the next your against them....
    YOU should look in that mystery machine your always rambling on about.

Advertisement