Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy has 16 weeks to save his career

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Colmo52 wrote: »
    As 16 weeks is up, can this thread now be locked?

No because more stories are coming:):)
    Just because the 16 weeks mention is over(for now) does not mean its a thread that must be closed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭easychair

jimmynokia wrote: »
    No because more stories are coming:):)
    Just because the 16 weeks mention is over(for now) does not mean its a thread that must be closed

Everyone in my office always tunes in to Jimmy's posts to get a fair and balanced view of Tubridy. I can't understand why anyone thinks he is obsessed, or unfair, or filled with bile towards Tuibridy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Well let me know when hes sacked so i can tune into the late late show again

easychair wrote: »
    Everyone in my office always tunes in to Jimmy's posts to get a fair and balanced view of Tubridy. I can't understand why anyone thinks he is obsessed, or unfair, or filled with bile towards Tuibridy.

If anything is coming of this thread its you obsessed with my posts
    your like a broken record

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭easychair

If anything is coming of this thread its you obsessed with my posts
    your like a broken record

Brilliantly argued once more. And the wit of your brilliant irony saying I am like a "broken record" is hilarious! Bravo! Bravo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

The most mediocre "talent" to rise so high in RTE's history.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

The most mediocre "talent" to rise so high in RTE's history.
    Oh I dunno.
    RTE used to give a lot of work to Fiona Looney for some inexplicable reason. Amanda Brunker seemed to be on RTE more often than the Angelus at one point. Those are just two examples off the top of my head. Being utterly mediocre is no bar to a job at the national broadcaster and to be fair to Turbridy he's better than those two muppets.
    Of course that's not really high praise.......... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Oh I dunno.
    RTE used to give a lot of work to Fiona Looney for some inexplicable reason. Amanda Brunker seemed to be on RTE more often than the Angelus at one point. Those are just two examples off the top of my head. Being utterly mediocre is no bar to a job at the national broadcaster and to be fair to Turbridy he's better than those two muppets.
    Of course that's not really high praise.......... :pac:

True, but they never got to present the flagship tv and radio programmes on RTE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mauricebferris

I wouldn't be a big tv fan, but find Tubs on the Radio is getteing better and better, and even the old Late Late Show is more watchable than it was last year. Well dont to Tubs for listening to his critics and sharpening up his act.

Tubbers is off to the US...According to NK management and the indo

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Just going to be a guest on the Today show promoting his book on J.F.K.

My 7000 Post:cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Is he gone yet???? if so good good riddance..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭squonk

The DLB will love that :(. Seeing as he's so obsessed with the US Talk Show genre and goest to such lengths to ape it over here (poorly), he'll practially wet himself walking on stage in the real thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Tubridy to appear on US show for JFK book
    BROADCASTER Ryan Tubridy will have an audience of four million next week when he is a guest on the NBC 'Today' show, writes Ken Sweeney. He will be appearing on the popular US morning show next Wednesday to promote his book 'JFK in Ireland: Four Days That Changed a President', which concerns President John F Kennedy's historic visit to Ireland in June 1963.

"I am going to talk about Ireland, my book, JFK, and perhaps use it as an opportunity to wear the green jersey and get people to return to Ireland like JFK did. I'm going to be banging the drum for Ireland," Mr Tubridy told the Irish Independent last night. Mr Tubridy's book looks at the famous Irish visit, which JFK himself described as "the best four days of my life"-- and which took place five months before he was assassinated.

I hope they dont make the mistake of asking him any personal questions.. He usually gives abstract responses akin to the contents of a fortune cookie..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭seanin4711

they need a mail boy in 30 rock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Off to promote his book I believe. His star is certainly rising, all his great work is paying off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Hope they keep him

Is tubbers quitting?
    Pat Kenny to host #LateLate Show again joe.ie/s/0023563

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Is tubbers quitting?
    Pat Kenny to host #LateLate Show again joe.ie/s/0023563

nope
    GAY Byrne and Pat Kenny are set to join Ryan Tubridy for a one off Late Late Show’s special 50th birthday celebration show on June 1st.

According to reports the two previous presenters will join host Tubridy on the last show of the present season to present a special that will look back over 50 years of the iconic chat show; the longest running chat show on television.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thedecentofmanlatelateshow.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Frank03

The Bull Mick....

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

mike65 wrote: »
    Thedecentofmanlatelateshow.jpg

He is really going to get shown up for the disaster of a presenter that he is on that night:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,376 ✭✭✭jmcc

He is off to the bbc again
    read end of article
    Wonder if the BBC knows? Interestingly he's being given a temporary radio stand-in slot rather than a TV slot.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

He is not good get rid please and I might start watching again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Well, I think Friday night confirmed what most of us already Know. Tubs is just not up to the job. It was car crash TV last Friday & he couldn't handle it & looked awkward an uncomfortable throughout the show.
    The way he cut Nell McCafferty short was like a spoilt school kid. She touched a nerve & instead of taking her on he moved on as quick as possible.
    RTE should do us all a favour now & get rid of him ASAP. Do the man himself a favour and put him out of his pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,938 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Well I guess last Friday nights show has vindicated the critics of Tubs beyond any doubt!! Knowing RTE they'll sign him up for another 10 years!! Whatever about the previous years, every night he hosts the Late late from this weekend on is beyond joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I caught the later part of "The Sunday Show" on newstalk yesterday and they were discussing the 50th anniversary of the LLS.Most panellists thought Tubs did a good job :(, but there was one fella, Mark I think his first name was, totally disagreed with them. They must have been looking at a different show to the one I was looking at because I thought it was not as good as I thought it might be.

Then again what did I expect from it:o

Skip to around the 30 minute mark

http://media.newstalk.ie/listenback/151699/sunday/2/popup

• Advertisement
Advertisement