Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community - Season 4 [US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

something was always going to be held back for 30 rock's return, and the other ****e that NBC is airing is somehow getting better numbers.

Couldn't this be in the renew/cancel thread or the Community thread? Do you want to gloat or something?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

don't even trust your own source

Critical fave Community is being benched to make way for the return of 30 Rock on Thursday, Jan. 12 at 8/7c. (An NBC source insists the show is just taking a breather and has not been canceled.)

#NBC spin!!....the show is toast, it's goose is cooked!...if i was good enough in the ratings it would NEVER get pulled!, this is a clear sign the show is gone come May 2012.

Six seasons and a movie?....i think not!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

Awhh Shít.

don't mind Richard Downer, it's just been pushed back. i'm on my phone and can't link but it's all over Twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

better the tired out 30 rock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Urge to kill rising..
    NBC has just released its midseason schedule, and with it comes the expected reshuffling of its Thursday night comedy block, and the decision that many viewers feared but perhaps never dared to believe the network might actually go through with: The fervently beloved yet very low-rated Community is being pulled from the lineup, replaced in its timeslot by the returning 30 Rock. So far neither NBC nor creator Dan Harmon has issued a statement on the show’s future, but it should be noted that this isn’t an official cancellation. The New York Times’ Bill Carter (as relayed by colleague Brian Stelter) says that NBC is only keeping Community off the air “for a brief time”—though obviously that’s fairly open-ended, not likely to assuage fans at all, and does not bode well for its chances of being renewed next year. In the meantime, Thursdays will become the new home to Up All Night, while Whitney has finally been shunned and scorned right out of the programming block—and into a cushy new home as the anchor of Wednesday night. So there, everything worked out in the end, except the exact opposite of that.

:(

phasers wrote: »
    don't mind Richard Downer, it's just been pushed back. i'm on my phone and can't link but it's all over Twitter

If deluded Community fans can't see what is happening hear..........

mark my words, it'll be back on the air by March.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

This is pretty awful news.

Community.Will.Be.Axed.

I TOLD YOU SO!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Hope it doesn't get axed :(

They'd be a bit silly not to bring it up to syndication numbers though, wouldn't they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I TOLD YOU SO!!

In that "thread" you started which is more like a blog post you said you did it to show you actually watch the shows you comment on. Community wasn't in the list funnily enough.

They'd be a bit silly not to bring it up to syndication numbers though, wouldn't they?
    apparently since it's a Sony show it has a good chance of getting to syndication, if their track record is anything to go by.

amacachi wrote: »
    In that "thread" you started which is more like a blog post you said you did it to show you actually watch the shows you comment on. Community wasn't in the list funnily enough.

Based on this news...do you blame me?

Well I would've thought it would be more down to just how much the show went over your head based on the posts you were making during season 2. It was somewhat entertaining to begin with I have to admit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I TOLD YOU SO!!

Takes a special kind of ass to take joy in other people losing something they enjoy.

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Takes a special kind of ass to take joy in other people losing something they enjoy.

I'm just reading the numbers, Community fans have always been guilty of "head-up-there-ass" when it comes to the show imo.

oh just shut up Richard.

I think it's more a case of wanting to watch and discuss a show rather than the numbers. You're like someone who keeps sports statistics without watching the sport. It's boring and annoying as hell. It's amazing really, you've been baiting for a good 18 months at this stage, I suppose being right in the end means that it's fine though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I'm just reading the numbers, Community fans have always been guilty of "head-up-there-ass" when it comes to the show imo.

No we just enjoy a television show that you don't. You can not like a show fine, but coming in gloating when it gets cancelled or pushed when it would make absolutely no difference to you wheter it stayed on the air or not is just downright pathetic. Just because you watch a load of TV and read a few ratings websites doesn't make you an expert. The only head-arse interface I see around here is firmly on your side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Is it off air immediately? Or from January?

:( NBC are the worst!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Jesus, if I ever start to equate ratings with quality, I want someone to shoot me.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Jesus, if I ever start to equate ratings with quality, I want someone to shoot me.

Richard's way ahead, he likes 2 and a Half Men.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Funnily enough, I was let go from my job today, which I was completely fine with, but Community being pulled from the schedule??? Someone up there is taking the piss!

Funnily enough, I was let go from my job today, which I was completely fine with, but Community being pulled from the schedule??? Someone up there is taking the piss!

Aye, I'm worried about being alone tonight. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Sorry to hear that man but at least you have your priorities right. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that man but at least you have your priorities right. :D

Was planning to pack it in anyway - would've been nice to have something else lined up, but thems the breaks... I'm sure it was meant to be.

Damn straight I've got my priorites right... "Live, Breathe & Eat Community"... That's my life mantra... ;)

RQ2Br.gif

• Advertisement

There is news that all 22 episodes will be shot/aired this season.
    That puts it at 71 episodes, so likely Sony will want to hit the 88ish episodes needed for syndication to be viable.

I don't think that this is the end of the world for Community and perhaps putting a clonker of a show like Whitney in will show NBC that Community has potential.

EDIT: Not that I'm saying it has a chance to live on NBC - but we can hope that another network would take interest.

Advertisement