Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community - Season 4 [US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Wonder if the transdimensional doorway was a nod towards Fringe?

I taught it was a reference, to the old Pre-Crisis DC Comics, where there was a Earth 1 and Earth 2, where the JLA from Earth 1 and the JAS from Earth 2 would team up from time to time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

Wasn't too impressed with this weeks episode. Found it quite boring to be honest.
    I did love chang's description of the girl in his head though "she had legs that went all the way up to her torso and the kind of arms that have elbows " :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

I thought this week's episode was brilliant, the writers are really on a roll this season. Might even be Chang's best ever episode this week, 'I had to think fast', and I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Todd.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

"What happened with Legos?"

Genius. I've had that conversation many a time.

Long live Todd!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not good.. needs more Donald Glover tbh..

.. although it did feature the return of Magnitude!

• Advertisement

It seems like they were focusing more on the secondary cast, which was quite awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I dunno about anyone else but I'm certainly not laughing AT him.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Great episode this week, loved the argument in the study room, especially Britta having problems with dissecting worms and the marijuana lighter. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

"That was another test and you all penised."

Really good episode, Todd is a legend.

"I'm going to go as fast as I can so I don't miss anything!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Great episode, looking forward to the return of Evil Troy and Abed!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

that was hilarious, nearly hurt myself laughing when that timeline went bad.

"Uhh guys what does a pregnancy test look like?"
    "Its like a thin piece of plastic with a stick at the end of it"
    "Oh so this is definitely a gun"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Well, that was amazing. The Troy timeline was one of the funniest things the show has ever done, I wonder if we'll be seeing Evil Troy and Abed again later in the season? And it looks like the group would ultimately be better off without Jeff, I have a feeling thats going to be a major theme this season.

Also, it looks like they mixed up the order of 303 and 304, kind of felt a bit odd in places because of that. The whole Eartha Kitt thing came up in 303 as well as the marijuana lighter so the episode jarred a little. Although, knowing this show they probably did that on purpose.

Although come to think of it, the only timeline in which Shirley found out about Britta's marijuana lighter was the Abed one, so are we to take that one as the real timeline? Pierce didn't tell them about Eartha Kitt in the Jeff timeline either so it can't be that one... this show just wrinkled my brain again.

there's a theory going around that the Abed timeline is the real one for exactly the reasons you mentioned, but since evil abed called the last timeline the prime timeline it's a bit misleading.

Another theory is that all the following episodes are going to be set in different timelines, but I think that's just wishful thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Absolutely fantastic episode. Everyone was on top form and they moved the Troy/Britta romance along (kinda)... I'm rooting for those 2 to get together. Screw Jannie, it's all about Broy... :D
    Aldebaran wrote: »
    Also, it looks like they mixed up the order of 303 and 304, kind of felt a bit odd in places because of that. The whole Eartha Kitt thing came up in 303 as well as the marijuana lighter so the episode jarred a little. Although, knowing this show they probably did that on purpose.

In production this was episode 3 and last weeks was episode 4 - don't know if it was NBC that had them air it out of sequence, but it was adressed at the very start of the episode. A voiceover of Britta and Annie was added in at the last minute when they were discussing the apartment number...
    phasers wrote: »
    there's a theory going around that the Abed timeline is the real one for exactly the reasons you mentioned, but since evil abed called the last timeline the prime timeline it's a bit misleading.

Another theory is that all the following episodes are going to be set in different timelines, but I think that's just wishful thinking.

It'd be interesting to see them play around with some of the timelines, but that seems a bit too complicated, even for Community...

Apparently next week we're gonna get
    a Treehouse of Horrors style episode, so they could incorporate the evil timeline into that episode easily...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Easily the episode of the season so far.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Community.Will.Be.Axed.

Cool. Cool cool cool.

Community.Will.Be.Axed.
    Surprise surprise, Richard doesn't like the only episode so far with a tiny bit of complexity

• Advertisement

Surprise surprise, Richard doesn't like the only episode so far with a tiny bit of complexity

Just watching the numbers bro......... ;)

You're Irish, you can barely get away with calling anyone "bro", never mind a female.

Community.Will.Be.Axed.

Six seasons and a movie
    Six seasons and a movie
    Six seasons and a movie

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just be glad it wasn't homie or dawg. :)

Loved this episode, very clever. I nearly spat out a mouthful of coffee when I heard Troy's voicebox. :)

Just watching the numbers bro......... ;)
    Did you see the numbers a BBT rerun got last night? (not really on topic but still... 11 million for a rerun...

NBC has a good bit of dead wood to shift this season (Whitney) and Community's numbers were up last night so I think we can make it.

In summary: lalalala I'm not listening :p

Did you see the numbers a BBT rerun got last night? (not really on topic but still... 11 million for a rerun...

NBC has a good bit of dead wood to shift this season (Whitney) and Community's numbers were up last night so I think we can make it.

In summary: lalalala I'm not listening :p

Four seasons....and a web series :p

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

'What does this say about the Seven? Things fall to **** with Troy gone.'

I was automatically happy with this entire recap due to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

What a cracking episode. This show is fast becoming one of my favourite sitcoms (so it'll probably get cancelled :o )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

This episode makes up for the disappointing last two episodes.. absolutely superb writing and some fantastic moments (the "googly-eyes" and Troy's voicebox to name just two).

Advertisement