Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community - Season 4 [US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Just watched Remedial Chaos Theory. Oh my god, the awesomeness, I cannot describe it :D

I like how the timeline when Abed catches the dice is the real one (well according to Dan Harmon). It was a nice ending :) Although hard to bate the evil study group! Next episode is the Halloween one, can't wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Without a doubt, one of the best episodes:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Watched Remedial Chaos Theory there. That was a fantastic episode. The One/Troy gets the pizza timeline was hilarious. Plus, Britta has really improved this year so far. She's had some great lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Just watching now, loved Annie's story.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

"Troy and Abed sewn together"

Love it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Pockets of greatness, but I don't think it was a great episode overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Mr E wrote: »
    Pockets of greatness, but I don't think it was a great episode overall.

I'm inclined to agree, I don't think it was the right episode to follow Remedial Chaos Theory either, they're a bit too similar with their 'multiple story' plot structures.

Having said that, the 'Warren Piece' gag was just pure genius!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Mr E wrote: »
    Pockets of greatness

Sounds like the shop where Annie gets her underwear.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I laughed at the shot of Troy after the lights went up with pencils between his fingers a la Freddy Krueger..

.. but everything else felt a little meh

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

Overall, it seemed 'forced' - it stepped outside the established flow of the season so far (as far as I'm concerned) and was fairly mediocre. They just tried to shoe-horn a Simpsons-esque episode pattern into the Community universe.

It wasn't bad-bad, it just didn't have any real hooks in it to grab my attention, the usual pop-culture references just didn't hit home with me and the idea's execution was just average.

I'm probably being hard since Community has been of such high standard to date, but even the ending, which I know was supposed to be an obvious and expected 'gotcha' somehow came off a little preachy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Not a great episode, I loved Britta and Abed's stories and Pierce's was decent, but the rest tanked. Although I did lol when Jeff said "teach me to read"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

I thought the episode was pretty good, just felt somewhat out of place coming right after the previous episode.

I liked it! I did have low expectations after reading posts on here and around the internets so maybe that helped, but I did enjoy it :)

Regarding people thinking it didn't work so well after Remedial Chaos Theory, 303 and 304 were actually shown out of order, so the Halloween episode is meant to come straight after the one with Todd and the mean study group.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Regarding people thinking it didn't work so well after Remedial Chaos Theory, 303 and 304 were actually shown out of order
    Troy & Abed's apartment number was a dead giveaway that something was amiss! ;)

Just came across this on the Community official website. Really well done - things just got darker!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Good episode this week, abeds impression of Troy was spot on, and of course John goodman can do no wrong... Even pierce was good

Episode 6 was pretty good. The return of the Vice-Dean was as good as I'd hoped it would be - I thought that a character full of menace was established in his brief earlier appearance and that the danger was that his character would weaken the more air time it had. Thankfully that didn't happen. The Troy story arc is certainly starting to pay off.

Really liked this week's episode! Tbf, when don't I like them? :P I would like it if there was more of a focus back on the college again though, I'm missing the secondary characters.

Kiss From A Rose has been in my head non-stop since :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Thought it was pretty good this week, totally lost it at this scene:

Also, here are the tweets from all the characters in one stream if anyone is interested.

^ haha I just noticed that the Dean and Jeff have the exact same outfit when thy're singing :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I friggin loved that episode. Best of the season so far. :)

I had a smile on my face for the whole thing (with a fair few laughs along the way). Troy and Abed trying to impress Annie, the silhouette theatre, the holodeck, Jesus, Pierce's DIY, that awesome medley, and the biggest laugh of all - HE TWEETED IT????

Episode 7 was a great episode for all the reasons Mr E said.... holodeck idea, shadow puppets and medley were particular good.

Surprise turn around for Winger's character in this episode - don't want to read too much into what may have just been a few throw-away one liners, but he's been more selfish and somewhere nearer the 'villian'-end of the spectrum than the group's charismatic leader this season so far... but this episode we see vulnerable Winger-back (we find he's in therapy, coming to apologise at end not necessarily because he was caught etc...)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Brilliant brilliant episode, whoever wrote these characters is a genius to be honest, usually you'd be lucky to get one character of Community's quality per sitcom 5 or 6. When Jesus said no race-mixing I LOL'd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Class episode. As someone else said it just had me smiling the whole time along with the laughs.

"Britta! Don't make jokes, you're bad at it!"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Every moment was excellent even up to the end where Jeff was crying - "I liked horsebot 3000"!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

This show just gets better and better... Last 2 episodes have been great...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Brilliant episode. Absolutely loved it!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 stormcloud

Great episode would like to have seen some Chang but I can understand why he was not in the episode.

Loving this season. Great show only Parks and Rec is at the same level.

Also Annie is the hottest woman on TV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

don't even trust your own source

Critical fave Community is being benched to make way for the return of 30 Rock on Thursday, Jan. 12 at 8/7c. (An NBC source insists the show is just taking a breather and has not been canceled.)

Advertisement