Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community - Season 4 [US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Watched it last night, chang as always, quality.

Jeff as the dean was great aswell.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Just watched. That was most satisfying! Bald Jeff, and the dean wigging out. :D

Also, Alison Brie looks incredibly cute with pencils in her hair, she should go around like that all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Pure Genius. Over 3 seasons, this joke has lurked unnoticed, until:
    Bam!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 stormcloud

http://www.avclub.com/articles/ratings-roundup-five-reasons-community-could-see-s,65685/

name of link says it all. The AV club's take on why Community could survive

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Is anybody actually watching TV in America any more? I can't remember the last time I heard of a show actually being a success in terms of ratings. Maybe they should just start looking at how they evaluate who's watching what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Yep, it goes beyond live+7 and even beyond DVR now. They need to include web streaming and itunes downloads... the shows are worth more in terms of product placement these days than in advertising.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Does Gillian Jacobs pronounce her name with a hard G? Ew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Link won't work on my phone

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Pure Genius. Over 3 seasons, this joke has lurked unnoticed, until:
    Bam!

If you were watching it once a week as it aired, that would be an easy joke to miss.....which is why most people did. I only recently got turned on to community though and watched them all in a row over 3 days. I was actually waiting for this third beetlejuice for a while. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

amacachi wrote: »
    Does Gillian Jacobs pronounce her name with a hard G? Ew.

On set, they probably call her Gil....
    simpsons_gil.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

does community have a in show sponsor like chuck did, their fans started to campaign to patronise subways they need to so that.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

I don't know what it is about this show, but as soon as I watch it, I'm almost hardwired to laugh out loud at it. The foozeball episode had definite shades of Beerfest to it, but it just seemed funnier coming from Community. As for the Japanamation section - par for the course genius (something typically awesome of community). I'm glad I could "acquire" this episode, just to pause the end of Leonard's pizza review at the end!

Another f'n great episode. NBC can suck it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

didn't think the abed troi and annie bits were that funny

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The end of Leonard's pizza review at the end!

leonard.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Weakest episode of the season for me unfortunately...
    No Dean or Chang and ultimately no Pierce or Britta...
    Jeff had some good moments and as much as I love Troy and Annie, the storyline was just weak - no room to shine...
    For me Shirley and Abed are the weakest in the cast - they're still great, but moreso as secondary characters rather than carrying a storyline...
    Can't see myself rewatching this one as much as I have rewatched last weeks Apocolypse Now Parody...

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Elohim

Loved that episode, simple story, good jokes, all the reasons I watch community.

^^ Abed is a great character.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

One of the best episodes this season. Loved the euro lads kicking the ball at Winger, loved the anime scene and loved the Batman bit.
    This season needs more Troy though.

FRfNn.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

One of the "Germans" is the guy from the league, wasn't he? Just started watching that too, very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

Also The Douche from Parks and Rec, isn't he?
    Really glad Abed's Halloween episode song was brought back in this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Decent episode.. and LOL'd hard at this bit:

tumblr_lvp6rjCDoB1qhsqy6o1_500.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

This was probably one of my favourite episodes of the season so far... Nice to see a different side to Shirley. Leonard is just awesome! I found this episode quite reminiscent of season 1 actually. Also, Abed is Batman now.

Only one more to go until the hiatus ;________________________________;

Basq wrote: »
    Decent episode.. and LOL'd hard at this bit:

tumblr_lvp6rjCDoB1qhsqy6o1_500.gif
    Yeah! Jeff thinking aloud about if they were just carrying it around as a prop all day was hilarious. Never thought a Jeff/Shirley episode could be any good at all, let alone that brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

Nice to see the Shirley character get a bit more development, and the unusual pairing with Winger went well. Anime was interesting - though they didn't do much with it (as opposed to the stop-motion during that Christmas episode last year)

The Annie, Troy and Abed stuff was good... it was a hard ask to stretch out the Abed/Batman joke without jumping the shark - but it went well, probably because it was highlighted how un-Batman-like Abed was. Thought it was great to have it explicitly underlined that Annie wasn't the rational cure-all to Troy and Abed's craziness and how she got swept up in her lie.

Overall, thought the episode wasn't the best, but certainly not the worst this season (Hallowe'en Episode, I'm looking at you).

Given the other weird pairings, I wonder if Pierce spent the weekend with Bitta at the animal hospital?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Annie's Christian Bale voice is the most adorably funny thing I have ever seen/heard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

STREETS AHEAD!

If you have to ask, you're streets behind...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

"What the hell are regionals?"
    "They're this close Pierce!"

Some of the lyrics to the Troybed rap were class. :pac:

"Smoked a ton of acid."

"Fake butter and AIDS and Twin Peaks!"

Some of the Annie bit was class, particularly the end. :pac:

The Dean at the end, classic.

Sigh, 4/5 month wait for more isn't it?

Greatest episode of any show ever. Troy and Abed's rap was amazing.

Hey guys, rapping?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

I didn't think it was great tbh. The Troy and Abed rap was very good but all the other songs were meh.
    I do hate Glee with a passion though so that could explain it.

Annie was just about the sexiest thing i've ever seen on tv:)

Advertisement