Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community - Season 4 [US] *Spoilers*

Options
1596061626365»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Slowly started to lose interest in this show about halfway through season 3. It just didn't seem to keep my attention any longer and there were quite a few poor episodes by that stage.

Loved season 1 & 2 though.

What does anyone else think? Does it pick up again in season 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 missdisco

i agree with the earlier person that the Dean seems to be going over the top. he needs dialling back a bit.

Season 4 - weaker than season 3 but still charming in places.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

We've got a premiere date - January 2nd

RE season 3: I can see why some people didn't like the direction it went and I do think there were the odd couple of dud episodes but overall I love season 3. Season 4 sucks and IMO has no redeeming features. Every character is written as a terrible caricature of themselves and it felt like the episodes were written by people who either didn't know or didn't care about the characters, which is odd because the show did retain some of the season 2/3 writers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

the difference between seasons 1-3 and season 4 is all summed up by episode 3 of season 4

community has always gotten much humour from geeky or unusual things but it never stooped to mocking them. The Dungeons and Dragons episode (my personal all time favourite) didnt mock D&D, if you didnt like D&D you might laugh at some of the events of the episode, but the episode itself never did.

until episode 3 of season 4 where we get the sci fi con episode and it is just outright point and laugh at geeky things on almost the same level as the big bang theory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    the difference between seasons 1-3 and season 4 is all summed up by episode 3 of season 4

community has always gotten much humour from geeky or unusual things but it never stooped to mocking them. The Dungeons and Dragons episode (my personal all time favourite) didnt mock D&D, if you didnt like D&D you might laugh at some of the events of the episode, but the episode itself never did.

until episode 3 of season 4 where we get the sci fi con episode and it is just outright point and laugh at geeky things on almost the same level as the big bang theory.

This is so true. I didn't notice it before but now that you said it, that episode was very BBT!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

tbf season 1 was very middle of the road. It wasnt until season 2 they started adding the meta fiction theme that worked so well for it.
    Season 4 was a complete mess though, a zombie of a TV show. Disappointed to see Donald Glover is cutting back, personally I think he has the best comic timing that all of them, thats why they give him the best lines.

Interested to see how this guy is going to fit in, he is a strange character addition, wonder will he act anything like his character from Breaking Bad.

breaking-bad-jonathan-banks-community-season-5-professor-amc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Interested to see how this guy is going to fit in, he is a strange character addition, wonder will he act anything like his character from Breaking Bad.

breaking-bad-jonathan-banks-community-season-5-professor-amc.jpg

He is the professor this year, he teaches criminology. Fits pretty well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

You just know Abed is going to throw in a breaking bad reference. Maybe he'll tell him he once helped run a chicken empire too :P

I know other people are negative, but I kinda think that over time Troy and Pierce were characters falling into a rut. I think Jeff is still the best character (though Joel McHale is my nerd crush)

• Advertisement

How on earth is he a 'nerd crush'?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Because he's best known from his starring role in the hugely successful US remake of The IT Crowd, of course.

Yeah, Joe McHale is anything but nerdy.

I think you might have to be nerdy to know who he is though

Not really, he's very popular in America and wasn't he in Ted? That's not exactly a nerd movie

I'm not in America and he wasn't the main star of that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

He presents a show called The Soup on E! which is large.

well, we're now thoroughly dissecting Joel McHale's CV.

I love The Soup, but I've never met anyone who's heard of it. Unless they watch Community.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,867 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

b52cBMo.png

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Thargor wrote: »
    Image Above ^^^^

I was hoping it would end on a complete mess up of a quote from Pierce

• Advertisement

Mike Ty...son.

Advertisement