Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community - Season 4 [US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Loved this episode. The best US comedy at the moment IMO. I think it probably plays better over here. The Yanks just don't know when they've got something good sometimes!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I think it probably plays better over here. The Yanks just don't know when they've got something good sometimes!

No it doesn't. It doesn't play with the masses in Ireland either. It is popular with the marginal subset of people who talk about TV on the internet. The same thing is true in the US. It is very popular with critics and internet commentators. That kind of critical/cult recognition simply doesn't always translate to massive ratings, on either side of the Atlantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Almost forgot Britta's dance..

tumblr_lt2ta3Toz81qb0krfo1_500.gif
    tumblr_lt2ta3Toz81qb0krfo2_250.giftumblr_lt2ta3Toz81qb0krfo3_250.gif
    tumblr_lt2ta3Toz81qb0krfo4_250.giftumblr_lt2ta3Toz81qb0krfo5_250.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Ropes? Vines! …Vines? Let him finish!

Britta was on fire in this episode

Anachrony wrote: »
    No it doesn't. It doesn't play with the masses in Ireland either. It is popular with the marginal subset of people who talk about TV on the internet. The same thing is true in the US. It is very popular with critics and internet commentators. That kind of critical/cult recognition simply doesn't always translate to massive ratings, on either side of the Atlantic.

I didn't say it would be a massive hit over here, just that it would play better. I think Irish and English people have historically appreciated intelligent comedy that's a little bit different more than Americans and that this fits that description.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Dan Harmon clears up some things about this episode regarding the real timeline and the reason 303 and 304 were aired out of order:

http://danharmon.tumblr.com/post/11469117959/fine-were-geniuses-but-not-evil-geniuses

Other things to note from his blog post: no new episode next week and he hates AMC's The Killing.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Compak

Basq wrote: »
    This episode makes up for the disappointing last two episodes.. absolutely superb writing and some fantastic moments (the "googly-eyes" and Troy's voicebox to name just two).

Opposite here, loved last two weeks, and this was just muck , 'stupid' comedy, knocked it off after 15 mins.

Compak wrote: »
    Opposite here, loved last two weeks, and this was just muck , 'stupid' comedy, knocked it off after 15 mins.
    So did you miss the timeline where Troy left then?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I thought it was an amazing episode. Literally lol'd a few times during the Troy leaving timeline.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Definately axed by May, it's too culty and hipster clique for the mainstream to get.

• Advertisement

Definately axed by May, it's too culty and hipster clique for the mainstream to get.
    Hipster?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

It's bad enough when you post every link about it but when you say the same thing two days running and don't even post one link to back it up it's more than a little annoying.

^ lol....the crazed Community fans....worse then Chuck fans!

How has it managed to surevive to a third season so?

amacachi wrote: »
    It's bad enough when you post every link about it but when you say the same thing two days running and don't even post one link to back it up it's more than a little annoying.
    Does it count as trolling? Seems like it should but I'm unclear on the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

there are more hipster references in one espisode of "2 broke girls" than in an entire season of community.

Richard, your credibily, shaky and all as it is, really gets wobbly when you make statements like this.

You seem to want this show to fail simply because you dont like it that much and we all do, and you'll lord it over us if it does.

i'll make a deal with you, if you're not that into the show stay out of its threads and i promise i'll stay out of all your 2.5 men/****e teen drama threads you love to make.

somewhat on point, i got accused of having bad taste in tv on facebook lately because i didnt like 2.5 men. i was insulted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

phasers wrote: »
    Does it count as trolling? Seems like it should but I'm unclear on the rules.
    Careful now! :pac:

somewhat on point, i got accused of having bad taste in tv on facebook lately because i didnt like 2.5 men. i was insulted.

Jesus.

3cd8a33a.png?1306264975

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

WhbGS.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

After watching it again, I loved the opening line from Britta which was a reference to the switcharoo of the 3rd and 4th episode of this series.

Also,
    DZCm3.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

There's just so much wrong with this sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Compak

phasers wrote: »
    So did you miss the timeline where Troy left then?

yeah jsut checked, act stopped at 10 mins so seen Annie, Shirley and Pearse

yeah jsut checked, act stopped at 10 mins so seen Annie, Shirley and Pearse
    It's so worth watching the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Aldebaran wrote: »
    Although come to think of it, the only timeline in which Shirley found out about Britta's marijuana lighter was the Abed one, so are we to take that one as the real timeline? Pierce didn't tell them about Eartha Kitt in the Jeff timeline either so it can't be that one... this show just wrinkled my brain again.

I read down to here by accident/carelessness without watching the episode and I assumed Community had done some sort of Fringe thing and become a sci-fi show...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

It wasn't until the 4th time I watched the episode that in the final timeline when they're all dancing and it cuts to Pierce throwing Troy's housewarming gift into the bin, right after that in the background, Pierce picks it out of the bin again and f**ks it out the window instead... Brilliant

"I demand to be housewarmed!"

It wasn't until the 4th time I watched the episode that in the final timeline when they're all dancing and it cuts to Pierce throwing Troy's housewarming gift into the bin, right after that in the background, Pierce picks it out of the bin again and f**ks it out the window instead... Brilliant

"I demand to be housewarmed!"

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

Few American comedies illicit genuine belly-laughs from me, but time and again Community has done it (despite only discovering it and watching the first two seasons three weeks ago).

Troy's timeline was hilarious to me because the 'sameness' of the timelines up until then lulled me into a false sense of security (until that point, it looked like they were going to waste the entire premise to me).

The concept and execution of this episode was truly above par, and the graphic representation of the divergent timelines(at each throw of the die) was really well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

:eek:

you only watch things you like once?

wait a minute, with all the dross shows you watch, you probably only have time to watch them once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

It's only 20 minutes long...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Just like watching TV shows aimed at fourteen year old girls;)
    FYP there
    ..seriously please get the hell out of this thread and back in to one for the sparkly, nobrainer , "like soooo aimed at teenager girls liike "shows you like ...

Ok Ok its a bit harsh but c'mooooon unless it has diaries/housewives/vampire/liar in the title dicky D there trolls it...

Advertisement