Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community - Season 4 [US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

They're halfway to getting 4 seasons which I think is the aim which would also make about 100 episodes so they'd hit the syndication point. Unless some of the cast or writers do something stupid it'll be fine, it would probably be more expensive for them to put together a new show and then put it into the hole that is being up against TBBT.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Nah, it'll be too close to syndication type numbers by the end of this season.

A fourth season would make more business sense that cancelling it.

Lots of discussion about this fact a TVBTN....it'll get the 88 eps. needed for syndication, even if they move it to Friday or whatever it get a fourth season :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

amacachi wrote: »
    Did you watch the song? It was quite good!
    I watched about 40 seconds then skipped, I just despise musical numbers of any kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I hope this is a strong season, and people get behind it....cos they didnt pull in numbers in america (not even 4 million watched the episode) compared to 28 million that wached the unfunny 2 1/2 men, and respectable 14 million for big bang.

if numbers dont improve......

It really only needs decent numbers to beat other NBC shows and they've got shocking figures - if they hold on to 4 million viewers a week, it'll be fine. Especially considering Up All Night and Free Agents are already looking likely to be cancelled and with 30 Rock (likely in its last season), the only other comedies on the network are Parks & Recreation and the Office, which I don't see lasting without Carrell.
    Also, as already mentioned, with syndication around the corner, Community and Parks & Recreation are both likely to be picked up again next year...

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Also, as already mentioned, with syndication around the corner, Community and Parks & Recreation are both likely to be picked up again next year...

...which I'm perfectly happy with...

• Advertisement

It really only needs decent numbers to beat other NBC shows and they've got shocking figures - if they hold on to 4 million viewers a week, it'll be fine. Especially considering Up All Night and Free Agents are already looking likely to be cancelled and with 30 Rock (likely in its last season), the only other comedies on the network are Parks & Recreation and the Office, which I don't see lasting without Carrell.

Also, NBC always put Community up against huge competition (American Idol and TBBT I think) and seem satisfied with the numbers it draws against it.

We just have to hope that The Office tanks this year and all of their awful new shows bomb :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

No Troy and Abed tag at the end of the episode..The Breaking Bad fan in me forgives them though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Such a great episode! Loved the song and Inspector Spacetime :P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

KeanSeenan wrote: »
    No Troy and Abed tag at the end of the episode..The Breaking Bad fan in me forgives them though.
    I'm hoping they just cut it for the opener to make time for the song and that it'll be back next week.

CRISIS ALERT! :D

• Advertisement

Very good episode I thought. One bit was very predictable but there were plenty of good gags along the way. The spit at the end caught me off-guard but was damn funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Very good episode imo, plenty of laughs. Strong start to the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

stevenmu wrote: »
    I'm hoping they just cut it for the opener to make time for the song and that it'll be back next week.

Operation anyone? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Britta is becoming a great character, never really warmed to her in Season One but the writers and Gillian Jacobs have done a really good job with her since then. My favourite moment this episode:

Britta: 'I'm getting serious, I got a backpack, I got a new notebook, I got one of those see-through yellow pens so I can do that thing where you colour in the words'
    Shirley: 'Highlight?'
    Britta: 'Probably the backpack'.

Another great episode overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Episode 2 was amazing. Britta was fantastic. "Are we facebooking this!?"

Irene Choi looked damn hot as Annie Kim too... wouldn't mind seeing more of her.

Loved Abed's (or Switzerland's) 'Fringe' type thinking about bridging the two Earths.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Great to see it go up, when everything else is dropping. Would be great to see it increase on a weekly basis.

Is it just me or is Gillian Jacobs getting hotter? She's starting to give Alison Brie a run for her money.

More Martin Starr please! Bill Haverchuck FTW!

Jeff/Annie rubbish aside, that was a brilliant episode. Needs moar Troy though.

Amazing how having Gillian Jacobs gag and spit 3 or 4 times increased her hotness. :pac:

Still nowhere near Alison Brie though. I can put up with Jeff once she's around. :pac:

If I'm honest, I wasn't too sold on the first episode of Season 3, but this really made me remember just why I love this show! Wonder if the transdimensional doorway was a nod towards Fringe?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

phasers wrote: »
    Jeff/Annie rubbish aside, that was a brilliant episode. Needs moar Troy though.
    Noooooo! Jeff & Annie 4EVAR!! :P

Loved the bit with Chang and the handcuffs - BUT THEY'RE ONLY FOR SEX!! No Dean this week though ;____;

Still no sign of Magnitude, Professor Duncan, Fat Neil or Quendra "with a QU"...
    We've had Starburns, Leonard, Vicky and Garrett appear already.
    (I feel I'm forgetting someone obvious)

I'd like to see the supporting cast be a bit more central this year. Like the Fat Neil episode last year, would be cool to get an episode about some of the others.
    I guess Starburns and Prof. Duncan have already gotten a fair share of the screentime over the first 2 seasons, but the rest of them could definitely be used more.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Wasn't too fond of the latest episode tbh! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Basq wrote: »
    Wasn't too fond of the latest episode tbh! :(

CRISIS ALERT !!!! :)

Did anyone else cringe when Jeff and Annie had their stupid little talk at the end? I was watching through my fingers until it was over. Stop trying to push them together, it's gross!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I've never watched Fringe so I assumed the Earth 1 /Earth 2 thing was a reference to Another Earth

Did anyone else cringe when Jeff and Annie had their stupid little talk at the end? I was watching through my fingers until it was over. Stop trying to push them together, it's gross!

I was going to point out that there's only a few years between them but HOLY SHIT HE'S 40!

Other than that though I agree. She's mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

the creator reads the nets, he reacts to what we say so, he's doing it deliberately, if we want him to do something, we have say we like what we see in that.

Watching through again and it's reminding me just how much I hate Pierce and everything about him. And not in the good way like in wrestling. I hate having him in an episode.

• Advertisement

Watching that fake clip show again and it's just awesome. Even the little details like the collection of the Dean's entrances (some of which are bloody hilarious on their own) and the changes to Jeff and Britta and what's on the table. At one stage they seem to be in construction gear. :pac:

Advertisement