Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community - Season 4 [US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I think Conan is 6ft3in as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

He looks really tall in the show anyway. Taller than Chevy Chase, who apparently is 6 foot 4 o_o

Looking forward to tonight's episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

Oh lord, Episode 12 was a good episode.

We have Chang's story arc start, a boatload of pop culture references and a nicely absurd-but-internally logical storyline.

High points have to include the Dean's reaction to Winger's shadow and the face Chang pulls in the Dean's office, along with the crazed, power-mad twitches he has developed out of nowhere.

And we finally get to see it -
    the Dreamatorium functioning... and evil Abed!!!

(Spoilered because I'm posting early and it would just be such a shame if someone subscribed to the thread opened their email and had the surprise ruined)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

i didn't know who abed was supposed to be until they said it lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

Brittas costume was my favourite, pure genius.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

That, for me, is Community at its best.

The Dean's reaction to Jeff was brilliant. Was that actually Moby at the party? Loved The Hulk theme playing when Jeff woke up.
    And the dreamatorium sequence was deadly. Interesting to see what happens with Evil Abed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Great episode...

Both versions of Michael Jackson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Really good episode. Especially loved the
    Hulk Theme moment when Jeff woke up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

bB90t.gif

That episode was very dark. Troy and Abed ;______;

Also, if you read what it says on the whiteboard in this picture, it kinda confirms
    one of the deaths that will happen. Poor Annie's Boobs :(

What do you guys think of the graphics that have been used in the past two episodes (the heart/apple/thought bubbles)? I don't really pass any heed to them tbh, they don't annoy me that much. However, the internets seems to be going mad giving out about them. Apparently "they're dumbing the show down".

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Episode 12 was one of the best episodes of any comedy TV show... ever.

The Seacrest jokes were amazing but probably over most people's heads that do not watch The Soup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

tumblr_m1bfftt3Wb1qcmbd6o1_250.giftumblr_m1bfftt3Wb1qcmbd6o2_r1_250.giftumblr_m1bfftt3Wb1qcmbd6o3_250.giftumblr_m1bfftt3Wb1qcmbd6o4_250.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Last night's episode was so fantastic. Loved the Seacrest references, Evil Abed, Chang and the Dean... everything!

So apparently they got the highest rated show last night on NBC? Excellent - for anyone following Jim Rash on twitter, then he has a lot of promises to hold up to. I'm particularly looking forward to seeing him play Alison Brie's evil twin brother on Mad Men and his and Ken Jeong's two man prop-comedy tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I love how much the cast love making the show. Ken Jeong has said in the past he'd turn down movie work if it clashed with filming Community. They all just seem so happy and involved.

...except Chevy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

phasers wrote: »
    I love how much the cast love making the show. Ken Jeong has said in the past he'd turn down movie work if it clashed with filming Community. They all just seem so happy and involved.

...except Chevy.

Agreed - you can really tell when a production team are enjoying the work they're doing: but the Chevy comment - really? Is there talk of him causing ructions?

You're right - I was watching the bloopers recently on YouTube (which are amazing by the way) and the rest of the cast were laughing and joking and seemingly having such a good time. Chevy Chase, however, just wasn't partaking really and, when he does, it seems half-arsed. It's like he's taking it nothing more than a paycheque?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It's like he's taking it nothing more than a paycheque?
    Agreed... he's a bizarre nut.

Watch him at ComicCon and he just appears dazed throughout, and I honestly don't think the cast know what to think of him... even after 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

"You're more handsome than the guy who's famous for being handsome."

Absolutely loved that episode. I liked that they brought some cracks into the Abed and Troy dynamic too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I must have just not "gotten" a lot of stuff, didn't think much of the episode tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Skinfull wrote: »
    Really good episode. Especially loved the
    Hulk Theme moment when Jeff woke up!

Yeah that was my favourite part..I love all the little obscure bits :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

A very enjoyable episode, much more like Community at its height. Lots of funny little moments, mostly involving Jeff.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Good to see Blake Anderson as the guest-list checker too.. star and co-creator of the hugely under-rated Workaholics (which I just started watching on Netflix... much recommended!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I remember reading, I can't remember where (was it here?) that there are clues to jeff and brittas secret affair littered throughout season 2 (not the ones abed "computes") e.g. The bottle episode with the pen, jeff says he has to call and cancel his hot date. Britta remarks "don't you usually wear those stripy beetle juice numbers" about his underwear... How should she know what undies he wears to dates? All the time they're talking about hooking up in code in front of the other characters. The phone call jeff makes is fake...

Inception-Deeper.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

I think that was a reference to paintball one..but I wouldn't put it past them, I just saw this on Harmon's twitter.

http://imgur.com/KwbjU

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

KeanSeenan wrote: »
    I think that was a reference to paintball one..but I wouldn't put it past them, I just saw this on Harmon's twitter.

http://imgur.com/KwbjU

The best reference was when Abed was "robocop", his memos section had future episode plots.

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lbgkobAiNQ1qaditho1_500.jpg

He also had various women's cycles plotting on the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

HA! I knew i didnt dream it:
    Jeff ends his date with Gwynnifer, who was a twitter-nemesis of Dan Harmon's. According to the episode's DVD commentary, the writers have decided Gwynnifer is also Jeff's codename for Britta, and Jeff wasn't really calling anybody in particular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Can you say "Product Placement"? :pac:

Love the "corporations are people" thing. :P

Britta Unfiltered.

"I should go, this is getting out of bounds for me."
    "Eat Fresh." :pac:

Leonard's a legend. :P

The Subway guy's reaction to the tape was brilliant. :D

Easily the best of the three episodes since it came back, John "I'm going through some stuff" Goodman was great too.

Oh yeah, episode 13 is where's it's at. A not too subtle swipe at rampant corporatisation, using 1984 to great effect. For some reason, I thought the whole pacing and final result of this plotline was extremely effective and well constructed. I also really enjoyed Pierce finally having a role where he doesn't seem bored and generated a few laughs.

Loved the fact that Winger is still coming across as very socially disfunctional and Annie's spoilt streak (or maybe bias is a better word) hasn't been ignored or written out.

Vice Dean Laybourne returns to great effect (not too sure about the beard thing... but I'm sure it'll make sense in the end) as a key character and I love the development of Troy and Abed's relationship. There's a lot more weight to it now.
    The moment you realise that the Troy and Abed split had already started last episode and wasn't just an artificial construct of the Vice-Dean - that's just pure gold. I'm excited to see what direction that goes in.

Also loved the inclusion of references to secondary characters, and how Starburns' frustration that noone remembers his name, established in so many previous episodes, acts as a believable catalyst for events in the episode.

I expected a Chang episode, instead we got an episode that felt like it was setting up an epic conclusion that will tie a few storylines together. Really happy with the episode, definitely in the top five of the season.

Only bad thing about the episode is the I wish I could see the next one straight away!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Yeah I have to agree. A very enjoyable episode.

My only problem is that I've watched it just after it's aired so now I've to wait a full week for another episode!

• Advertisement

nkay1985 wrote: »
    My only problem is that I've watched it just after it's aired so now I've to wait a full week for another episode!

Ha! I must have edited my post to say something similar just as you were posting. I came to the whole Community thing pretty late, so I had the joy of watching 50-odd episodes in quick succession.... I'm still finding the gap of a week between episodes difficult to cope with!

Advertisement