Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community - Season 4 [US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I actually disagree with anyone who says Shirley adds nothing to the show - she has some fantastic moments and is important to the group dynamic. I think the problem is that she's not as "out there" as the other characters, so when they do a Shirley centric episode it just tends to be a bit "meh"...

I actually thought the moment in this week's episode where Shirley starts talking in that really childish voice she constantly does and André says something along the lines of, "Don't you use your sexy voice on me!" and it cuts to Jeff and Britta and they're just like "Oh" (that's what that is)...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Agreed CaptainNegative, Shirley can be great when she has a few good lines in an episode. I used to really dislike her character but I think she serves a purpose and I enjoy her in small doses. She's not a strong enough character to carry an episode though.

"The word he's looking for his sassy. He better pray he don't find it."

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Poor. Poor poor poor. And it wasn't all Shirley's fault.

Just spotted this.

Absolute win!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ apology to all Community fans, i got my hands smacked by the mods....but honestly, i'm mostly taking the mick, but i know it annoys you guys....sorry for being an annoying ass.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Just spotted this.
    What was it? The page has been pulled.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Look at the URL, its a Kickstarter project looking for funding for Troy and Abeds Dr Who rip-off. Probably pulled because they had no rights to that property whatsoever lol.

ixoy wrote: »
    What was it? The page has been pulled.

Really? That was quick! It was an Inspector Spacetime web series that was being funded through Kickstarter.com, but it seems they ran into difficulty when they were told to stop.

Thargor wrote: »
    Look at the URL, its a Kickstarter project looking for funding for Troy and Abeds Dr Who rip-off. Probably pulled because they had no rights to that property whatsoever lol.

It was actually starring the guy who played Inspector Spacetime :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

They had to rename the series for legal reasons. It's now called:
    Untitled Webseries about a Space Traveller who can also travel through time

There's video of panel they did at a Dr Who convention here and a quick animated mock up of the first episode is below.

I can see why Community didn't want to get involved, but as a dyed-in-the-wool geek, I approve.
    Circuit-chaps!
    :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yikes, some amount of hate for the new episode here, I'm surprised! I thought it was entertaining & had a few good lines and laughs in it, witty stuff rather than out-and-out zingers: I wonder if people are unfairly expecting each episode now to be one of the more meta & knowing tone that Community does - not every story needs to be like the paintball one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,434 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Found it a fairly average episode. Looking forward to the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

psicic wrote: »
    Plus... and I know it's part of the joke, since she's in her thirties and it may be that it'll take me a while to get back into the spirit of things after the hiatus... but Alison Brie seemed a little old for her Annie character in this episode.

Technically, she's 29 'til the end of December.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

No point in calls for ditching Shirley... there'll always be a need for a character like hers, but when episodes involve her too much, we need Chang-level insanity to balance it out.

Anyways, the mother-hen prudish-but-ignorable voice of caution in the group is always going to be a bit of a buzzkill.
    Anachrony wrote: »
    Technically, she's 29 'til the end of December.

I wondered if anyone would bother checking her birthday or not - all I knew was 1982. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Shocking.

amacachi wrote: »
    Shocking.

Is your sarcasm keyboard key stuck? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

No(!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Question! I haven't watched Community since season 1 (which I really enjoyed) is it worth watching season 2/3?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I wonder what the answer to that question from this thread will be? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

dee. wrote: »
    Question! I haven't watched Community since season 1 (which I really enjoyed) is it worth watching season 2/3?

If you have to ask, you don't deserve to watch it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

You're streets behind.

Great logic you have there.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Same to you! :D If you really enjoyed season 1, why on Earth wouldn't you watch seasons 2 and 3?

Four seasons....and a web series

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ohh, colonial burn!

Same to you! :D If you really enjoyed season 1, why on Earth wouldn't you watch seasons 2 and 3?

I can't watch it online (and I don't have a tv) so i'd have to get someone to download and convert all of the episodes to mp4 format for my ipod...so I didn't want to bother if the other seasons weren't good.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

They are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I can't watch it online (and I don't have a tv) so i'd have to get someone to download and convert all of the episodes to mp4 format for my ipod...so I didn't want to bother if the other seasons weren't good.

Get yer downloading and converting hat on, son...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

• Advertisement

I never realized he was so tall.

Advertisement