Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddypower and Crystal Palace Drama

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭clearodara

Gone for this, the two Japanese sides face weak opposition from looking at the league table, so hoping they both do the business this morning.

2.30 - Nagoya Grampus
    Kawasaki Frontale vs Nagoya Grampus
    Match betting

2.10 - Vissel Kobe
    Fukuoka vs Vissel Kobe
    Match betting

1.33 - West Ham
    West Ham vs Aldershot
    Match betting

1.28 - Bolton
    Bolton vs Macclesfield
    Match betting

Your bets (1)

Accumulator (4)
    1 line at €20.00 per line
    Total stake for this bet: €20.00
    Potential Return: €165.60

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Ah ball* it was to good to be true. My account is now €-374.61. Ok it was a big fcuk up by Paddypower and they should pay out in my view, people took advantage fairenough but if i or anyone else was placing a bet of €10 and instead i did €100 and lost, would they pay me back? Fcuk no.

I don't know what to do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

onto chat now to give abuse :D

this in any mainstream media btw lads?

Keano! wrote: »
    onto chat now to give abuse :D

Let us know what they say :)

ye, will do.... he types like a monk.... could be on it all day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

My account is saying -800 ???????
    Does that mean my money is on the way ?

My account is saying -800 ???????
    Does that mean my money is on the way ?

On the way.

ye, will do.... he types like a monk.... could be on it all day

Not just him, they all do ;)

Erm.... seems like this is all under investigation.... :p

Erm.... seems like this is all under investigation.... :p

Ok is that for you only or everyone?

I love their add about the Smartphone betting app "never miss and opportunity" :D

• Advertisement

I presume everyone... i ain't special :p

I'll upload the whol convo when im done.... if he every HURRIES THE **** UP! :o

Monies mine! :D

unledvjb.png

Monies mine! :D

unledvjb.png

How F*** did you manage that one :eek:

Answer the ^^^ and stop fapping at your screen :D

vvvvr.png

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

That is not too hard.
    I have the original pay out slips still in my account as well.
    I also have 2 revised ones.

I did however download the 2 original pay out slips as a pdf so if they disappear from my account, i still have them.

Vanbis wrote: »
    How F*** did you manage that one :eek:

Answer the ^^^ and stop fapping at your screen :D

Manage what? So far, from what I can gather the monies going to my account and they cannot stop it. I'll upload the convo... hang on.... have another q fr this poor sod. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

inforfun wrote: »
    That is not too hard.
    I have the original pay out slips still in my account as well.
    I also have 2 revised ones.

I did however download the 2 original pay out slips as a pdf so if they disappear from my account, i still have them.

Good idea. Just checked my account history there and the bet winnings comes up as the amended odds pay out.

Manage what? So far, from what I can gather the monies going to my account and they cannot stop it. I'll upload the convo... hang on.... have another q fr this poor sod. :P

Ooh the anticipation of this little conversation!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭fat tony9

japan league

kashima antlers 5/6
    Vissel Kobe @ 11/10
    Nagoya Grampus Eight @ 6/4

roughly 10/1

blindpilot wrote: »
    Ooh the anticipation of this little conversation!!!

I know, i just got myself a frest cup of tea because i know its going to be a lonnnng one.

• Advertisement

This Palace stuff really should have it's own thread...

Anticipated convo coming now!

Highlighted the juicy bits ;)
    Welcome to Live Help, my name is Philip N. How can I help you today?

Hello, I'm just contacting you regarding my account.
    Currently, the balance says: Balance: €-1478.49
    When I logged off PP last night, it was €20

Yes seemingly there was a handicap pricing error which after resettlement has left your account with a negative balance. Our traders are looking into this matter and as soon as they let us know what is happening with customer's with a negative balance, you will be contacted.

What do you mean,'let us know what is happening with customer's with a negative balance' exactly? What can happen? I don't see what I've done wrong here...

You've done nothing wrong. I never suggested so. We made an error with the handicap market on our site and as such we have the authority to correct the error. Unfortunately the error was only discovered at such a late stage when customers including yourself made withdrawals which in turn left you with a negative balance upon resettlement.

Oh, so because I withdrew the money, the resettlement has sort of cancelled it out and negated my balance. I understand what you mean. So what are the likely steps after this? I do keep my winnings I take it.

That's the thing. Resettlements of this nature are rare and usually done at a quick stage when we can contact the customer to let him/her know of the issue. Obviously in this case the error was discovered at a very late stage and we are still awaiting a trader's decision as to what is happening with customers whose balance is now in a minus as a result.

Ok, but the withdrawn money is mine, would I be correct in saying that, and then the minus balance has to be cancelled out by despoiting money online I presume?

Looking at it here, it appears that yes, the money has already left us so our presumption seems to be correct; that the withdrawal is going ahead.

Ok, but can you give me an idea as to what could happen please? I'm aware you might not know a lot but any info would be appreciated.

To be honest with you, this is all the info I can give until I hear back from them. I doubt it'll be too long and we'll e-mail you with what they have to say.

Ok, do you think this would be today at some stage?

Yes, it will.

Okay, that's fine.
    And do you mind me asking are there many people in the same boat as me?

Yes, there are. The issue affected the entire market so anyone who bet on it would have encountered resettlement. I'm doubt the number of customers was too high but I don't have any sort of figure as to those whose balance went negative.

Okay, well thanks for the help. I presume I'm wasting my time depositing funds to my account right now as the balance will just go closer to 0...

Again, without hearing from the traders I can't advise what's happening to your balance but should you deposit, you will just be reducing the minus figure that's there. It would not be in your benefit.

Ok, makes sense. Well I'll keep a check on the emails. Thanks for the help.

You’re welcome. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Vanbis wrote: »
    I know, i just got myself a frest cup of tea because i know its going to be a lonnnng one.

Ha ha same here!!!

So.... I'm thinking that I've just got away with 1500 quid

So.... I'm thinking that I've just got away with 1500 quid

I would wait and see what the response will be from the Paddypower first before you go spending the cash. Id expect will hear back this afternoon.

Cheers Keano. He didnt give much away there. Dont go spending that money yet!!!

Yeah, I'm not counting it yet..... but I'm more confident then I was before chatting to him....

Anyways.... worth a good read...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055638636&page=2129

From 19:53 on deserves to be put in some sort of classic thread thing

Yeah, I'm not counting it yet..... but I'm more confident then I was before chatting to him....

Anyways.... worth a good read...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055638636&page=2129

From 19:53 on deserves to be put in some sort of classic thread thing

It was some night. The f5 button is almost unrecognisable by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭thomasj

I have a funny feeling lessons will be learned from this. Its a deeply flawed system, that approves transfer/withdrawal requests without a member of staff looking at it.
    Then they go looking for the money back

I feel for the staff member that made the mistake!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Highlighted the juicy bits ;)

"Unfortunately the error was only discovered at such a late stage when customers including yourself made withdrawals which in turn left you with a negative balance upon resettlement."

I am a professional cynic but **** that " we discovered it late"
    They were just hoping Crawley would win with 3 goals difference and keep your stakes.
    And after, as it turned out, Crawley didnt do PP the favour, they just try to turn things around and dont pay out.

Advertisement