Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddypower and Crystal Palace Drama

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

This thread will never be the same again after tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Do ya reckon we'd have all this hassle if they had 3/1 instead of 30/1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

lads,

beein readin this, how the f*** did ye think y'all get away with this eh.

all they had to do was void bets and give you a negative balance.

its in the t&c anyway.

pp are gobshoites anyway, everyone here lambasts them all the time but still uses them.

f**k pp.

if anyone did get them to the cleaners well in.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭frat

Based on the T&Cs it is technically their money. They do have the ability to send a debt collection agency after the debtors.

They would more than likely set a limit as to what is cost effective to collect. Somebody mentioned earlier that you can just tell the agency to F off, but if the debt is large enough then they will get a judgement against your name (costs about 350). Once this is against your name it will be there until you pay it off and there is no chance of getting a loan/credit card/mortgage etc. with this type of judgement, no matter how small it is. The agency buys the debts at a reduced price from PP so PP don't care what happens after that.

Reason I know this is because I was on holidays in the States and racked up over 450 on Google Maps (idiot). Anyway got the bill, told O2 they weren't getting any of the money, they said look at the T&Cs etc. Got some letters from an agency, disregarded them, applied for a loan which was refused and was notified I had a judgement against my name. I should have paid the agency back but went back to O2 paid them and they sorted it out with the agency and got the judgement lifted. Got a loan but it is still a black mark on my credit rating.

I'd be surprised if it went this far i.e. withdrawals actually make it to your account, the reason why it takes 3-5 days is to confirm the payment (which won't happen in this case). Will be interesting to see if anyone actually gets the funds

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

lads,

beein readin this, how the f*** did ye think y'all get away with this eh.

all they had to do was void bets and give you a negative balance.

its in the t&c anyway.

pp are gobshoites anyway, everyone here lambasts them all the time but still uses them.

f**k pp.

if anyone did get them to the cleaners well in.

So what if I have a negative balance? Ive still got €1000 in my bank account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

ya that double just lessened my minus balance,such a messy messy situation those gits have gotten themselves into.. might in future help them to sort out their stone-age live betting

• Registered Users Posts: 54,007 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I was talking to pp there

I was told that he's pretty sure their bets arent fully progressed yet and should be in the morning

They're not 100% sure thou

idk lads, ill be kicking up a fuzz anyway. I like a good bitch once in awhile.

Headshot wrote: »

idk lads, ill be kicking up a fuzz anyway. I like a good bitch once in awhile.

Likewise.

If enough of us do it, I suspect PP will have to do something to appease us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

carlcon wrote: »
    Likewise.

If enough of us do it, I suspect PP will have to do something to appease us.
    I dont think it will be enough to keep me as a customer anyway, probably a whole €10 bet :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

no idea what going on with that tonight lads. I had seen my account streadily creep up to -€661 so no matter what happens im gone from PP tonight. I'd say there are a few lads on here tonight that might not be with PP in the nest few days. Lets hope it goes through. It's there fault for making the mistake. If we made the mistake do you think PP would refund the bet? NOT A CHANCE! Let's hope it goes through anyway. Best of luck to ye all lads. I hope we all come out of this on the profit! Only time will tell. But on a funny note i found my lucky PP underwear that was giving out last year by PP for the World Cup. So lets hope that was a sign. haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

1. Log onto boards
    2. QPR +2
    3. Log onto Paddy Power
    4. ????
    5. Negativity!!

This is what my PP balance is now

Total Balance: €-1067.56

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Epic night lads. Gutted that I wasn't in here when it was posted because I was online at the time and all but what harm. Have read it all through and it'll be very interesting to see the various outcomes.

I think those that withdrew to Paypal might be in the clear and those that withdrew straight away might just get away with it. Once they managed to reclaim the money from those who didn't have withdrawal methods set up, they might not stand to lose too much in the grand scheme of things.

Really hope you all get your money!

The other really annoyin thing about this is with my PP account bein negative I cant do any bets :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭clearodara

Ok from what I'm after reading this seems an obvious blunder/mistake by PP, but surely the punters that put the bet on have a case?? PP offered the bet at a price and several punters took it and hence should be paid out. If PP keep the money and don't offer to paid out the punters the full amount then surely this is against the law as the punter is not breaking any rules. For example if PP a few weeks down the line take a large bet for say EUR10,000 at say 8/1 or 10/1 and the bet wins, whats to stop them turning around in the future and giving the exact same excuse as they are now and not paying out?? Surely this has to be against the law as they are offering a service and then not fulfilling it and thus scamming the consumer. They could turn around anytime a large sum of money is won and just cancel the transaction, surely there has to be some sort of safety net for customers??

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

Negative 1069 here :mad: ..I wonder how liable they are?(and us)

I really wish we could get paid out, but I keep readin these 2 words "palpable error" which supposedly means the ***** have themselves covered :mad:

Derek! wrote: »
    The other really annoyin thing about this is with my PP account bein negative I cant do any bets :mad:

Just set up with someone else lad. PP give awful odds in fairness.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Just set up with someone else lad. PP give awful odds in fairness.
    I know I'm plannin to use Betfair full time for the better odds

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

Taken from- Paddy Power T&Cs #14

why wouldnt I withdraw? It's a good bet

That's your problem not mine

How can't you accept responsibilty for your own mistake!

So how does PP intend on resolving this issue

ie my funds

Please read the above rule and know that you wont be able to play with us until you have paid this balance

there weren't your funds because the market was entered incorrectly

tough ..No doubt if the shoe was on the other foot it'd be tough on my part

take betfair for example

this is not betfair

I think PP indeeds to acknowledge the bet and face the music

this is Paddypower.com and the above rule is clearly stated on the site

Where did I say it was betfair

example

Yeah you knew that the odds were incorrect at the time you placed that bet

No I didn't

Who are you to know..?

Crystal Palace
    W
    40/1 [+2.0000]

on a in-running game

Are you presuming I tried to do this?

specially when the score was already at that

Are you calling me a thief?

What a callous accusation

no I am saying that the traders made a mistake and the wrong market was entered and you placed your bets, however as per the house rules we have the right to get the funds back regardless

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fKi3ELw0Hk

Which means that you WONT be able to play with PaddyPower.com Until you have paid the above balance in full

Who's the "feckin eejit" now

rules are rules I am afraid

Is there anything else I can help you with today?

• Advertisement

I was making my serious face while reading all that, but when I got to "Are you calling me a thief?", I just just cracked up. :pac:

Taken from- Paddy Power T&Cs #14

why wouldnt I withdraw? It's a good bet

That's your problem not mine

How can't you accept responsibilty for your own mistake!

So how does PP intend on resolving this issue

ie my funds

Please read the above rule and know that you wont be able to play with us until you have paid this balance

there weren't your funds because the market was entered incorrectly

tough ..No doubt if the shoe was on the other foot it'd be tough on my part

take betfair for example

this is not betfair

I think PP indeeds to acknowledge the bet and face the music

this is Paddypower.com and the above rule is clearly stated on the site

Where did I say it was betfair

example

Yeah you knew that the odds were incorrect at the time you placed that bet

No I didn't

Who are you to know..?

Crystal Palace
    W
    40/1 [+2.0000]

on a in-running game

Are you presuming I tried to do this?

specially when the score was already at that

Are you calling me a thief?

What a callous accusation

no I am saying that the traders made a mistake and the wrong market was entered and you placed your bets, however as per the house rules we have the right to get the funds back regardless

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fKi3ELw0Hk

Which means that you WONT be able to play with PaddyPower.com Until you have paid the above balance in full

Who's the "feckin eejit" now

rules are rules I am afraid

Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Ok does all that mean we are getting paid but we won't be able to play with Paddy Power and more? Ahhh well if so that sounds a pretty sweet deal. Ta fu'ck with PP. Shower of idiots on live help and stupid with there odds. This might be the kick in the arse i need to go somewhere else like bet365.

If this was the only condition i'd love it!
    It would be like gettin paid €1000 to leave PP :)

Derek! wrote: »
    If this was the only condition i'd love it!
    It would be like gettin paid €1000 to leave PP :)

I'm really pissed now that I know not having a bank account registered with them and just using their stores to pick up my winnings has cost me €899. Fook that. :mad:

carlcon wrote: »
    I'm really pissed now that I know not having a bank account registered with them and just using their stores to pick up my winnings has cost me €899. Fook that. :mad:
    It might not be yet, I bet they will find a way of stoppin the payment reachin my bank :(

CriticEyes wrote: »
    Ok does all that mean we are getting paid but we won't be able to play with Paddy Power and more? Ahhh well if so that sounds a pretty sweet deal. Ta fu'ck with PP. Shower of idiots on live help and stupid with there odds. This might be the kick in the arse i need to go somewhere else like bet365.

Like a nice little redundancy from them. :D

I've started using bet365 since they did a 100% signup bonus a couple of months back and I find them pretty good. The site takes a bit of getting used to but it's not bad and I've dealt with their customer service a couple of times and they've been very good.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    CriticEyes wrote: »

Like a nice little redundancy from them. :D

I've started using bet365 since they did a 100% signup bonus a couple of months back and I find them pretty good. The site takes a bit of getting used to but it's not bad and I've dealt with their customer service a couple of times and they've been very good.

I signed up awhile ago for the basketball and NFL that's good because NFL season is starting back up. Head is going to be wrecked over the next few hours/days to see if I get paid! Fingers crossed for ye all lads.

Big shout to the lad that brought this tip to our attention..... Great spot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭elefant

Well my account is -900 now and I withdrew the winnings straight away yesterday. I'm hoping the money arrives in the bank, and then I'll close my PP account.

In fairness, I doubt I'm the only one thinking this, and surely it would actually benefit them more not to negative everybody, and not to have all these people leaving their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

I'm still locked outta my account!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

ft9 wrote: »
    So what if I have a negative balance? Ive still got €1000 in my bank account?

true, but you wont be able to use em again, until you clear 1000e

i dont think many would have got away with this?

Advertisement