Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddypower and Crystal Palace Drama

Options
1262728293032»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Finally got my money today.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭cup of tea

I got mine. Had a screenshot of what I won but removed it because my username could be seen. Got around 2,300e. Withdrew it straight after the game in one transaction AND got a 20e free bet. Would have bet more but they limited my max bet to a 5er after my third bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Just back from pub after talkin to PP employee and from what i can gather from his drunken thoughts, :rolleyes: is that PP are considering giving everyone including ppl who got paid a bonus bet ? Might not be much but he would not tell exactly what it was , only everyone involved will be guaranteed a nice bet when it all settles down:rolleyes::eek:

Anyone heard anything more on this?? Smells of bullsh1t if you ask me mind you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

At this stage lads its a dead duck unfortunately. Time to move on and get on the footie thread and start winning!

Haha, ive just tried to log on there to my acc and its been closed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,992 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Haha, ive just tried to log on there to my acc and its been closed!

Did ya ask live help why its closed?

Headshot wrote: »
    Did ya ask live help why its closed?

Half an hour later and its because I complained too much!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,992 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Half an hour later and its because I complained too much!! :eek:

lol

sorry for laughing but thats such a piss poor excuse for a closure

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭lamoss

lamoss wrote: »
    Its strange that no newspapers have got hold of this story yet (correct me if I am wrong ) . they must have researchers looking at boards across the web for news.
    I think that the tabloids know what has happend and dont want to upset paddy power because of the huge amount they spend on advertising with them in their racing pullouts most weekends and even more when Cheltenham and other festivals are on.........They dont want to rock the boat and piss paddy off and lose revenue :(

Today in the sun p/p had a pullout centre section for last man standing and ads on every page in the racing pullout. I dont know if he took out ad,s in every tabloid but it makes you think what side the papers will go on with big ad,s like these at stake :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I finally checked my balance today - I got the money ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The papers are never going to piss off PP, way too much marketing revenue at risk in these hard times. Hell they are one of the few "domestic spend" companies hiring more than the odd person.

mike65 wrote: »
    The papers are never going to piss off PP, way too much marketing revenue at risk in these hard times. Hell they are one of the few "domestic spend" companies hiring more than the odd person.

I agree with the point that newspapers werent going to pick up on the story but I thought that other bookies would have used it in a marketing campaign or something along those lines. Do you think PP would have passed up the chance? They're the Ryanair of the bookies world!

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Former Great

Lads what is this thread about too long to read through it all...

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

Lads what is this thread about too long to read through it all...

Just googled PP and crystal palace..exhausted from it :pac:

First link up -
    http://www.thescore.ie/paddy-power-punters-cant-expect-to-gain-from-what-was-a-clear-mistake-209097-Aug2011/

Punters can’t expect to gain from website mistake, bookmaker insists
    24/08/11 687 Views 12 CommentsShare23 Tweet8 Image: Tony Marshall/EMPICS SportBOOMAKER PADDY POWER SAYS while his company regrets odds posted in error for last night’s Carling Cup clash between Crystal Palace and Crawley Town, punters affected by the correction of the mistake cannot expect to be compensated.

Some football fans who logged on to paddypower.com noticed that the handicap market had ‘Palace +1′ running at 100/1 up until the 43rd minute of the match.

One reader told us that he and some friends placed money on the Eagles to win on the handicap market of +2 at a price of 30/1.

The Championship side won 2-0, with winnings initially paid out by the company. However, that money was later said to be “taken back”.

The accounts of some of those who had also sought to take advantage of the error were also suspended.

Paddy Power, head of communications with the bookmakers, admitted that a mistake was made during the match but that no compensation will be paid out to those affected.

“Unfortunately it’s just one of these situations that comes up every once in a while,” he told TheScore this afternoon.

“It’s a pain in the backside but there are so many matches that take place, sometimes these mistakes are made.”
    Power said that the company has the right to address any errors on its site immediately, and retract payments in extreme circumstances where the odds offered vastly differ from those intended.

“I hate to hide behind the rules but it is in there that we retain the option to correct these very obvious errors.

“For instance, were odds of 1000-1 on Manchester United winning the Premier League to appear on the site, we could not be expected to pay out on such a ridiculous bet.”
    When asked if customers could expect to receive some sort of compensation following yesterday evening’s error, Power insisted that the company has always acted in a fair way, but that they would not be contacting the individual concerned.

Advertisement