Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Motha-fuuu.
    Tmz are pretty low. Wonder if it was one of them or someone outside who shopped it and passed it onto them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

CMpunked wrote: »
    I got it. That is to say that I rented it. And I am dam glad I didn't pay 44.99 for that copy and pasted crap.
    Its near the exact same as the games produced as EA a few years ago. Players only vaguely look like who they are supposed to be, the ai still barrels after the ball like a bunch of children.
    I was a little optimistic when I started playing because I kinda liked the old ps2 games. But honestly it seems like they have gone a fair distance backwards.

Ye both should get the Rugby Challenge game. It's far better gameplay-wise and picture-wise. It's basically Pro-evo 2004 v Fifa 04 (with little to no licenses)

Ye both should get the Rugby Challenge game. It's far better gameplay-wise and picture-wise. It's basically Pro-evo 2004 v Fifa 04 (with little to no licenses)

Looks interesting.

At least BOD actually somewhat looks like himself:
    http://cdn.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/20840/ss_ba598f229297eb0d154e244929a85d3b0e00292d.1920x1080.jpg?t=1314145818

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Delighted with that liverpool performance, except the end where you were reminded that Carragher is washed up & going grey. Good lift after watching the flat,limp & damp performance at the Aviva today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

This is my first vid i'v put together. Just some clips of my time in new york.
    please leave a comment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K56a7pnmKjU

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Poor Davey Wallace. Looks like the WC is over already (better send Flah my condolences)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Big day, Donegal vs the Dubs. Gonna be a close one!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Garseys wrote: »
    Big day, Donegal vs the Dubs Manchester United vs ARSENAL. Gonna be a close one!

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

It's Sunday, time to plug my column :D

Mick_Foley_553705a.jpg
    BANG BANG!!!!

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/columns/199505

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I see the Dubs winning relatively easy today. Donegal don't have the fire power so I reckon Dublin by 4 or more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

What's wrong with him?

Cancer?he looks eerily like my uncle just before he passed on a few years ago.

Pancreatic cancer. He has lived for 8 years since being diagnosed even though life expectancy is only 5 to 8 months on average once diagnosed. Pretty remarkable really.

If the above image is photoshopped, TMZ should be shot will balls of their own shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Jamaica's Usain Bolt was disqualified from the final of the men's 100m at the World Athletics Championships as countryman Yohan Blake took gold.

Defending champion Bolt caused shock in the stadium in Daegu as he came out of his blocks well before the gun.

Blake clocked 9.92 seconds to lead home American Walter Dix (10.08) and 2003 world champion Kim Collins (10.09).

RULE 162.7
    Continue reading the main story
    An athlete, after assuming a full and final set position, shall not commence his start until after receiving the report of the gun. If, in the judgement of the starter or recallers, he does so any earlier, it shall be deemed a false start. Except in combined events, any athlete responsible for a false start shall be disqualified
    But much of the talk will centre on the fate of Bolt, who still has the 200m and 4x100m to come.

The triple world and Olympic champion beat a hasty retreat after his misfortune, although was quoted as saying: "Looking for tears? "Not going to happen. I'm OK."

Bolt was his usual relaxed self before the race, preening when his name was announced, and the outcome will no doubt lead people to question both his preparation and the false-start rule.

Previously, athletes had been allowed one false start before being disqualified for a second, but new rules were introduced by governing body the IAAF for the start of the 2010 season.

While Blake, 21, had sympathy for his training partner he nevertheless was overwhelmed by his unexpected triumph.

"I don't think I can find words to explain it, I feel like I want to cry," he said. "I have been praying for this moment, this is all a dream for me right now.

"Usain Bolt has been there for me. I felt I would win the race for Bolt."

Added Dix, a double Olympic bronze medallist: "I didn't really think they were going to kick him out. How can you kick Usain out of the race?"

The 35-year-old Collins, meanwhile, questioned the validity of the false-start rule after picking up his third World Championships bronze medal.

"I don't think it is right. These things happen but you have to give people a chance," said the St Kitts and Nevis athlete.

ANALYSIS
    Continue reading the main story
    It was a fantastic race but all the talk will be about Usain Bolt. That was a shock, pure and simple, but even the best in the world can get it wrong and the rules are the rules.
    Darren Campbell
    Former GB sprinter and BBC Radio 5 live summariser
    "It was a great race, I got out well. I knew they would come back at me, but I didn't think they would catch me.

"But I am happy to be on the podium in my ninth World Championship. When the champion is out, you have got to take advantage of that."

Bolt, 25, has dominated the sprinting world in recent years: after storming to the 100m and 200m sprint double in then-world record times at the 2008 Olympics, Bolt matched his feat the following year at the Worlds in Rome, setting new marks of 9.58 and 19.19.

The 100m in Daegu had already been deprived of the three previous fastest men this year - Bolt's team-mates Asafa Powell and Steve Mullings and American Tyson Gay. Britain's Dwain Chambers was disqualified for a false-start in the semi-finals.

Such a retarded rule really, one false start and a warning was fine.

Apparantly this was for TV reasons, not sure if depriving the world of seeing the sports biggest draw try to break a world record will go down well with the masses who Bolt has drawn into the sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Charisteas wrote: »
    ;)

Hardly a close one :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Well, that's it. United have just had the high point of their season.

Thrilled and such an awesome game...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Can I ask what you guys think of my 411 pieces? 4 weeks in and I'd love to iron out any problems now while it's young. I get great emails and comments but it's hard to judge them when I don't know anything about the people reading them. At least I know who you all are and respect your views. :)

PS Flah I noticed your comment cheers :p

Jaysus Dublin vs Donegal was the worst match I have ever seen,I do hope nobody copies & perfects this.....I don't know what brand of football you could call that. Anti-football is nearly a compliment because the foot is rarely if ever used. As for Arsenal i've had a lot of lows as a liverpool fan the last few years but nothing compares to that, they were very lucky it was only 8 & Wenger is even luckier to be in a job after that. If what happened on the pitch for Arsenal today happened at many big clubs in europe he'd be out on his ass 5 minutes after the final whistle.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,074 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Well, that's it. United have just had the high point of their season.

Thrilled and such an awesome game...

8 - 2 win against Arsenal never thought I'd see that :eek: well done to them

GTR63 wrote: »
    As for Arsenal i've had a lot of lows as a liverpool fan the last few years but nothing compares to that, they were very lucky it was only 8 & Wenger is even luckier to be in a job after that. If what happened on the pitch for Arsenal today happened at many big clubs in europe he'd be out on his ass 5 minutes after the final whistle.

It was just one of those crazy fluke games, Arsenal may not concede 8 again for another 125 years, to sack Wenger for a one-off bad performance would be criminal.

Arsenal could have had 5 goals though themselves such was the craziness of the game, had RVP scored the penalty and De Gea not made 2 outstanding saves against RVP and Arshavin.

Let's wait and see who he buys in the transfer window and merge them with the other 8 players we have to return from injury and suspension, and i see us challenging Liverpool and Spurs for 4th place again.

Yeah we were hammered but we'll move on.

It was just one of those crazy fluke games, Arsenal may not concede 8 again for another 125 years, to sack Wenger for a one-off bad performance would be criminal.

Arsenal could have had 5 goals though themselves such was the craziness of the game, had RVP scored the penalty and De Gea not made 2 outstanding saves against RVP and Arshavin.

Let's wait and see who he buys in the transfer window and merge them with the other 8 players we have to return from injury and suspension, and i see us challenging Liverpool and Spurs for 4th place again.

I don't get that wenger has been under zero pressure to win trophies yeah you lost finals & it happens but often you lose its due to weakness in the team like Schezny & Koscielny mixing up against Birmingham. He's trying to be smart in the transfer market & now he looks like a total clown there is less than 3 days to go & you haven't even started fixing your problems. I'd bomb Rosicky & Arshavin out too the pair of them haven't done a tap of work the last 12+ months as for Djourou the guy was so bad yesterday he makes carragher look like Baresi.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Wenger deserves to be hammered for yesterday, everyone knows that your reserve center halfs are rubbish as are your reserve fulll backs. Everyone knew that Nasri and Cesc wanted to leave all summer and the fact that you have started the season with no replacements lined up os disgraceful. Also selling solid players like Eboue and Clichy? Genius with the vast resources at his finger tips. :o

Playing 4-3-3 against an inform Man U team with a makeshift team was utterly retarded, he sent his team out yesterday to die, terrible managing and something that he should be held accountable for..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Everyone knew last year that Fabergas wanted to go. Wenger should have had a replacement lined up on the opening day of the window.

You look at Fergie, he knew he needed a keeper, a defender and a midfield guy. He had all three wrapped up for the first day of the window. Paul Merson said it best on Sky yesterday; Wenger needs 2 center backs, a center midfield and a striker. A new spine, basically, and he's got three days to find them. And, quite frankly, he doesn't have 80m to spend on the players he needs to compete for a top 4 spot.

I agree he shouldn't be fired, but more cause there's no one who can fix them now. You hear all the time that Wenger is all about youth, but the average age of both teams yesterday was identical and they were nigth and day apart...

You hear all the time that Wenger is all about youth, but the average age of both teams yesterday was identical and they were nigth and day apart...

Yeah thats because the likes of Cesc & Nasri who are great young players are going when they are young now & Arsenal are still lumbered with Rosicky,Arshavin & Djourou. They badly missed Vermaelan too he basically holds the whole defence together. Someone should tell Merson that they need a left back too cause gibbs isn't up for either, Gervinho will be a good signing but how can wenger sell Arsenal to a young or mature player this week that coming to the club is the right move. Unless he said "look come here & eventually we'll flog you to Barca or you can go get 200k at City cause they have to pay anyone of the good a Bomb to convince them to go there"

For anyone still waiting, i got my Cm punk best in the world shirt today in the post.

For anyone still waiting, i got my Cm punk best in the world shirt today in the post.

When was it dispatched mate?

When was it dispatched mate?

10 days ago, the 19th.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

Anyone use google adsense on youtube. I clicked it last night and asked me too singn up too earn royalties for having ads on you channel

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Still waiting on mine :(

Bellamy may be heading to Liverpool I hope to beat the crap out of Degen. Glad to hear that please,please don't let CM Meireles leave. He did great last year & his name is on the back of my jersey just like Xabi's was.

Arsenal signed German international Per Mertesacker, Brazilian left-back Andre Santos, and the South Korean captain Chu Young Park.

Can see Arsenal getting 4th again this year, sorry Liverpool :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement