Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Love New York!

Usually go every two years or so and stock up on enough clothes to last me till the next trip. Thankfully I've never been stopped by customs either!

Definitely go to Jersey Gardens, much better than Woodbury commons imo but if you have the time, try both.

Carmines restaurant off Times Square is amazing, huge portions! Also the Carnegie deli on 57th street. It's a great little place with plenty of celebs going in and out all the time.

It's definitely a shopping heaven, excellent for picking up suits and stuff too. Last time I went with the GF I dropped about 6 grand in four days, absolutely lived it up!

Next time I go I'll make it coincide with an ROH event.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Last time I was in NY was in 2004. Need to go back to the east again soon. So much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Never been.

I feel at this point I've watched enough double bills of Law and Order SVU on TV3 at 12am, to know I won't be going without an Elliot Stabler with me...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Thanks for all the recommendations guys :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I have new best friends in o2.

Won two vip tickets to watch the ireland team train on home ground on thursday. :D
    Gonna be a great way to mark my first visit to the aviva.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

CMpunked wrote: »

Won two vip tickets to watch the ireland team train on home ground on thursday. :D

Hope to feck they work hard in that training session what happened in the aviva last weekend was quite humbling. Hope to feck we do well in the world cup,we've never had a great showing in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

making my first visit to the aviva this weekend too and following it up with a trip to croker on sunday. up donegal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Here's my diary plan for the World Cup campaign

Beat England this week

Struggle initially against the USA but winning by less than 10 points in a close game

Lose to Australia and suffer two key injuries

Beat Russia and watch the media hype us up against Italy

Lose to Italy by 2 as Johnny Sexton flops a late penalty attempt

The end. And this nightmare will also feature an appearance by the evil Paddy Wallace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Ugh, rugby World Cup.

How can any sport where you're encouraged to kick the ball off the pitch be any good?

• Advertisement

Rugby is more enjoyable these days compared to soccer. Unless it's a Malmo match.

flahavaj;73992572]Ugh, rugby World Cup.

How can any sport where you're encouraged to kick the ball off the pitch be any good?

Can't be any worse than the piss poor world cup last summer that had damn all good matches. I'm looking forward to it, the football season hasn't lit up yet at all,loads of transfer talk & damn all to talk about whats happening on the pitch. At least we are in this World Cup & are pretty good at the sport. Hope to god Drico doesn't get injured or else we're proper ****ed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Rugby is more enjoyable these days compared to soccer. Unless it's a Malmo match.
    What about the Canning Coalition's precious Galway United??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

rovert wrote: »

The missus was trying to explain this ''hip-hop'' dance to me this morning.

Whats ****ing hip hop about it? Its the way you see most dancing on a Saturday night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Dancor wrote: »

Whats ****ing hip hop about it? Its the way you see most dancing on a Saturday night.
    Exactly why I cant stand going to irish clubs that are full of students from the country. Lots of them dance like that thinking they are brilliant breakdancers. Its cringeworthy.

What about the Canning Coalition's precious Galway United??
    Like all Galway sport doomed to failure, unless the cousin is in goal for the Dublin match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

http://wplj.com/showdj.asp?DJID=4097

Pettengill is best remembered for his work in the World Wrestling Federation in the mid 1990s, as a backstage interviewer. He replaced Sean Mooney, who had elected not to renew his expiring WWF contract. He made his WWF debut as host of the Saturday morning program WWF Mania on January 9, 1993. Pettengill also hosted WWF Blast-Off, WWF LiveWire and WWF Action Zone. Pettengill would make his WrestleMania debut at WrestleMania IX wearing a toga. His most famous and notable stint in the WWF was when he sang the opening number "WWF Superstars" at the 1996 Slammy Awards. And on February 23, 2008 Todd Grisham hosted a feature on WWE.com on showcasing the Slammy Awards' Top 10 moments which Pettengill's opening number was number 8. At the following years Slammy's he hosted the Slammy for "Miss Slammy" which was won by Sable. His last pay-per-view appearance was at SummerSlam 1997 and left the WWF after his contract expired. He was replaced by current WWE Raw announcer Michael Cole.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

eh,.... no?

f'n legend back in the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I remember him alright. Why randomly bring him up though?

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »
    I remember him alright. Why randomly bring him up though?

Was flickin through U.S radio stations(cant be dealin with them Deise stations) and there he was.
    Bit of a nostalgic moment I had

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Or a wedding

Put on Madagascar for my niece today couldn't help but think that King Julien and Mort remind me a lot of Alberto Del Rio & Ricardo Rodriguez. Think thats a sign that i'm watching too much Wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

She's worse than neil in the inbetweeners haha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

She'll get her job in TG4 out of it though,which was her goal going into the R.O.T.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,067 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

EdK wrote: »
    She's worse than neil in the inbetweeners haha

Neil's a legend dancer :p just like David Brent from The Office

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

champions league draw tedium on top of tedium, take uniteds draw though any day of week.

city have a tricky enough one imo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

More importantly :) big night for Rovers. McCormack out injured though which is a big blow. Here's hoping! It's on Setanta Ireland by the way. Off out to the pub now to watch it :D

City got a competive group, i'd say they have spent more money than the other 3 teams combined. Utd group is a pure cakewalk. Chelsea & Arsenal have tricky harder groups but should go through. Gutted Milan got Barca who's style couldn't be any better to murder us with Pace,fast passing & ...did I mention the speed enough. At least BATE & Plzen aren't that good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Good luck Rovers. Wonder how many fans headed to Belgrade.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement