Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Anyone listening to FM104?

I was at the time, it was slightly disturbing.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Good lord, so Oscar Judges are the worst pirates of all. "Django Unchained", "The Sessions", "Lincoln", "Argo", "Skyfall", "The Hobbit", "This Is 40" and "Zero Dark Thirty" have all leaked onto the internet. The source being that they're viewing copies for Oscar nominees. Is Hollywood gonna pursue this, that the most trusted and respected people in their industry - those who bestow the highest honour a film can get (an OSCAR) are also ultimately responsible for massive piracy? We're talking potentially hundreds of millions of dollars in lost revenue. Mental! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Good lord, so Oscar Judges are the worst pirates of all. "Django Unchained", "The Sessions", "Lincoln", "Argo", "Skyfall", "The Hobbit", "This Is 40" and "Zero Dark Thirty" have all leaked onto the internet. The source being that they're viewing copies for Oscar nominees. Is Hollywood gonna pursue this, that the most trusted and respected people in their industry - those who bestow the highest honour a film can get (an OSCAR) are also ultimately responsible for massive piracy? We're talking potentially hundreds of millions of dollars in lost revenue. Mental! :eek:

It's a bit mad alright but nothing new. This time of year has always been great for releases, but this year in particular has been the best one for some time.

Must watch Django Unchained later, Hitchcock looks decent too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Dancor wrote: »
    I was at the time, it was slightly disturbing.
    They got some amount of grief on Boards during it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

jaykhunter wrote: »

The Hobbit one I, um, didn't see is pretty poor quality. :) I think someone blamed the delivery service before which would copy/rip the dvd before delivering it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Someone please explain this!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,240 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Someone please explain this!

Guy called FM104 threatening to commit suicide. Wanted to be put on the air and talk about what he felt had driven him to his situation. Thread in radio where people gave out about FM104 broadcasting it on the air and the presenter trying to deal with it rather than taking it off air and getting someone more experienced to talk to him (completely ignoring the fact that the guy was listening to the radio and said he'd jump if he was taken off the air)

Locked thread in Radio - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056852253

• Registered Users Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭cena

What did ye all get me for my birthday.

I hope the hse see that there more help needed after the phone call on fm104 last night

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Not sure where to put this, but holy crap this forum is active today! Took me ages to read everything new. Hopefully it becomes a trend :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Is everyone else just on here while watching SmackDown like myself, or do ye just come on anyway?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Is everyone else just on here while watching SmackDown like myself, or do ye just come on anyway?

Here anyway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

In one of those "I needed that" moments, just finished "This Means War", the rom-com with Chris Pine, Tom Hardy and Reese Witherspoon. Really enjoyed it, really funny. Not incredibly intelligent but sometimes you just need a brainless film :P

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

In one of those "I needed that" moments, just finished "This Means War", the rom-com with Chris Pine, Tom Hardy and Reese Witherspoon. Really enjoyed it, really funny. Not incredibly intelligent but sometimes you just need a brainless film :P

Best part of the film was Hardy/Pine bromance

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Went on a bit of a spree a few days ago and finally bought a blu ray player. :D

Any blu-rays that are absolutely essential?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

CMpunked wrote: »

Well in my opinion, the essentials are (purely based on the quality of picture/sound and being a good film also):

Avatar (get the 3 disc extended cut if you can find it)
    3 Nolan Batman Films
    Inception
    Band Of brothers
    The Pacific
    Harry Potter Collection (actually really good films once you watch all of them)
    Planet Earth/Life

On another note, saw Django Unchained today. Top film! Bit overly long though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

CMpunked wrote: »

How much was it? I've never seen the point of a stand alone blu-ray player when you could get a PS3 for not a huge amount more.

Gonna be good craic tomorrow with the two big games on telly. Big cup final for Liverpool. :pac:

No game fills me with so much excitement and horror.

Going to put my entire PP account on RVP Anytime & United to Win.

Howard Webb reffing, so can't wait for the conspiracy theories to be thrown round :P

No game fills me with so much excitement and horror.

Going to put my entire PP account on RVP Anytime & United to Win.

Howard Webb reffing, so can't wait for the conspiracy theories to be thrown round :P
    We are streets ahead of them in just about every way possible yet them beating us wouldn't surprise in the least.

• Advertisement

Its cause you know they'll throw everything they have at us.

Being honest, I'd hate to be a fan of a club like that, who go 200% against one team once a year and do jack-squat for the rest of the season....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    How much was it? I've never seen the point of a stand alone blu-ray player when you could get a PS3 for not a huge amount more.

about 100 for smart 3D LG wireless player. A mate of mine tried persuading me to get a ps3 but I just dont want one because of the price (€240+) and the fact that even if I was going to use it for games, the newer incarnation could be out by the end of the year so I'd be concerned of it being a waste in that area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Your right CmP I bought a PS3 after the slim was released and I use it as a Uncharted and Dvd player(like how it slightly upscales the dvd picture quality). There was no need for 2 home consoles for me. Have about 4 blu-rays so I couldn't recommend many outside ones your interested in.

Its cause you know they'll throw everything they have at us.

Being honest, I'd hate to be a fan of a club like that, who go 200% against one team once a year and do jack-squat for the rest of the season....
    Bang on. You'd basically be getting cheated by your team week in week out.

GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED!

Turned 6 quid into 16 with that :D

Now, backing Walcott anytime and Arsenal to win. :P

Ended up backing City -1 when they got the first goal.

Started yesterday with €5 in my account, end today with €33. Best weekend of betting ever :P

GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED!

Turned 6 quid into 16 with that :D

Now, backing Walcott anytime and Arsenal to win. :P
    Three hours later and I still have an erection on me like a handbrake.

Jesus, that's some image stuck in my head :P

Not that I blame ya, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Saw Gangster Squad last night. I'd highly recommend it, and I'm very hard to please when it comes to films. Sean Penn is an amazing actor.

• Advertisement

Made another 6 quid between the At. Madrid and Barca games tonight, meaning I turned €5 into just under €40. God, I needed that good day :D

Now to blow it all with a two month run of bad luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement