Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Anybody here ever watch Wonder Showzen?

Clips, a few years ago, always wanted to sit down and properly watch it though, heard its superb, you been watching?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,407 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Digitalism wrote: »
    unfortunatly zavvi said the same stuff as hmv a few years ago, and never accepted the vouchers before closing down. I wouldn't hold my breath for vouchers being accepted again :(

I remember that. The amount of people who just walked in, picked up stock to the price of their voucher, left their voucher on the tills and walked out was crazy.

They had no security if I remember so there was nobody stopping them!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,321 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Dancor wrote: »
    Sherlock was brilliant. I watched both series over Christmas.

Anyone here been to Edinburgh? Any tips or advice on things to do or see? Im heading in two weeks.

Sherlock is brilliant alright. And the way they're 90mins means they're almost like films rather than tv. A proper length of a story each time.

Was in Edinburgh for a weekend about 3 years ago, but didn't really do a lot. Edinburgh Castle is pretty interesting though. We also went to a Hibernian match. Some good pubs and stuff in an area called Grassmarket (our hostel was there). That's about all I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,403 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Anyone see Elementary (US Sherlock) not too bad imo

So who has had a horse burger yet :p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Anyone see Elementary (US Sherlock) not too bad imo

So who has had a horse burger yet :p

Haven't had one yet (well that I know of! :P ) But it certainly does bring whole new meaning to the phrase, I'm so hungry I could eat a horse! :-/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Elementary is quite good in terms of American procedural drama. Once you look past the character names, it's quite enjoyable.

Apparently, they've cast
    Vinnie Jones
    as Moriarty though :confused:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So blockbusters have also appointed Administrators, could result in a loss of up to 4,000 employees.

Blockbusters have confirmed they will honor any gift vouchers.

Grim news but to be expected given the shift in streaming movies and tough competition from Netflix and the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Didnt even know Blockbusters were still around....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,321 ✭✭✭✭Penn

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Didnt even know Blockbusters were still around....

Isn't that the UK version of Xtra-Vision? As in, they own Xtra-Vision? Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I always thought. Are you thinking of Chartbusters?

Edit: Ah, my apologies. It was owned by Blockbusters but owned by a different group since 2009.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Pep is apparently taking over at FC Bayern Munchen next year.
    Does this mean the best heel in Sport or Entertainment Rafa gets to keep his job?

• Advertisement

It just means that Chelsea fans will be:

1. fuming that Rafa might be sticking around.
    2. convinced Jose would be stupid enough to go back after how he was treated.

Can't see Jose going back to them so they could very well be stuck with Rafa. Serves them right for how they have treated managers in the last ten years. Nobody worth while will want to go there. Best they can hope for is someone who wants a big payday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Seeing as how Rafa's doing a great job of ballsing up all the cup competitions that were handed to him on a plate by RDM I'd say he'll be back writing in his online blog sooner rather than later.

Pep to Bayern is interesting though not hugely surprising. I think City and United will now have a straight head to head battle over Jose in the next few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,403 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

GTR63 wrote: »
    Pep is apparently taking over at FC Bayern Munchen next year.
    Does this mean the best heel in Sport or Entertainment Rafa gets to keep his job?

Give it to Gianfranco Zola :p

Seeing as how Rafa's doing a great job of ballsing up all the cup competitions that were handed to him on a plate by RDM

Yeah it was Benitez that got them knocked out of the Champ League and the Super Cup, although I seen Rafa order Ivanovic to go ahead and make an ass of himself. Roman should give Simeone a call and beg him to turn up, he's a mile ahead of any other candidates and ahead of Real who seem to be under Jose.
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Give it to Gianfranco Zola :p
    He's doing okay with the Udinese C team but if he'd stop the tragic 16th minute clapping i'd nearly let him take over.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Seeing as how Rafa's doing a great job of ballsing up all the cup competitions that were handed to him on a plate by RDM I'd say he'll be back writing in his online blog sooner rather than later.

Pep to Bayern is interesting though not hugely surprising. I think City and United will now have a straight head to head battle over Jose in the next few years.

He'll go to United, I always got the sense he liked the club when he was with Chelsea

He'll go to United, I always got the sense he liked the club when he was with Chelsea

If he leaves Madrid in the summer and City dont win the league, I can see them sacking Mancini and offering Jose everything. Fergie almost definetly wont be retiring meaning City would be the only offer worth his while.

He wont go elsewhere in Spain and cant see him back in Italy. Bayern is gone in Germany so that makes Germany a lot less likely. France wouldnt even be considered. City in the summer seems the most likely unless they win the league.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

If he leaves Madrid in the summer and City dont win the league, I can see them sacking Mancini and offering Jose everything. Fergie almost definetly wont be retiring meaning City would be the only offer worth his while.

He wont go elsewhere in Spain and cant see him back in Italy. Bayern is gone in Germany so that makes Germany a lot less likely. France wouldnt even be considered. City in the summer seems the most likely unless they win the league.

In that sense yeah I see him going to City but in a straight choice I'd hope the money level of money City can offer over United wouldn't sway him there and he'd prefer to come to United (and bring Ronaldo with him )

PSG with all that money though.

Yeah it was Benitez that got them knocked out of the Champ League and the Super Cup
    No doubt the Rafaelites would have claimed any cups he did swan in and won as evidence of his greatness however. He was clearly looking to pad out his CV with a few soft cups but its not going too well so far!

No doubt the Rafaelites would have claimed any cups he did swan in and won as evidence of his greatness however. He was clearly looking to pad out his CV with a few soft cups but its not going too well so far!

I think he was looking for a Job badly after being out of the game too long and Chelsea needed a new manager after Roman reluctantly gave Robbie the job and promptly got sick of him. What cups would look good on CV's the FA Cup or Capital One hardly and the club world cup isn't going to get you a job he won it with Inter and it got him no work.

• Advertisement

I think he was looking for a Job badly after being out of the game too long and Chelsea needed a new manager after Roman reluctantly gave Robbie the job and promptly got sick of him. What cups would look good on CV's the FA Cup or Capital One hardly and the club world cup isn't going to get you a job he won it with Inter and it got him no work.

I think old Rafa is always conscious of padding out his CV as much as he can. I remmber him taking the likes of Torres off in league ganes before with Europa League games in mind and getting major wtf looks from the likes of Gerrard for doing so. He's a bit mé féin in that sense IMO.

mullane-bloodied-2008.jpg

:(

]

:(

Big loss for Waterford this year. Doesn't look good for them again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Lance Storm interview with Oprah is on in an hour on Discovery. Should be all over the news on Friday.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Lance Storm interview with Oprah is on in an hour on Discovery. Should be all over the news on Friday.

Lance Storm :confused::confused::P

Lance Storm :confused::confused::P

LOL!

I'm blaming that on tiredness. Lance Armstrong of course. :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Storm should come out and put Armstrong in the single leg Boston crab :P

Storm and Oprah. Now there's a riveting conversation.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ugh, horrible migraine for 48 hours now. Barely able to see straight. Started taking prescription stuff this morning to help fight it :( At least my vision hasn't gone yet (as happens with headaches sometimes with me).

And it's starting to snow. Brilliant.

On the upside, I've discovered papercraft. Have ordered myself some gear off the net. Going to see about making some stuff, and maybe even trying to make some money off it if it goes well :)

• Advertisement

Southampton.

lol just.....lol.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement