Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Thought I'd let everyone know how I tried to sort out my sleeping pattern.

Ok so on Sunday I stayed up most of the night and slept and went to school as usual.
    I was very very tired monday evening following after school study so I had a brainwave. I thought "Go to sleep mega early and get up mega early and that night you'll be tired and go to bed early, enabling you to get up early the next morning"
    So I put this plan into action. I went to sleep on Monday evening at 7:30pm and woke up Tuesday morning at 5:30 and stayed up.
    Needless to say that on tuesday evening I was very tired, so I was excited my plan was working.
    I went to bed around 11, which is very early for me, and I thought I was gonna get a great nights sleep and get up at 8, and keep this going. So I went to sleep at 11 with high hopes.
    Next thing I know it's exactly 9:47 in the morning.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Manic2 wrote: »
    Thought I'd let everyone know how I tried to sort out my sleeping pattern.

Ok so on Sunday I stayed up most of the night and slept and went to school as usual.
    I was very very tired monday evening following after school study so I had a brainwave. I thought "Go to sleep mega early and get up mega early and that night you'll be tired and go to bed early, enabling you to get up early the next morning"
    So I put this plan into action. I went to sleep on Monday evening at 7:30pm and woke up Tuesday morning at 5:30 and stayed up.
    Needless to say that on tuesday evening I was very tired, so I was excited my plan was working.
    I went to bed around 11, which is very early for me, and I thought I was gonna get a great nights sleep and get up at 8, and keep this going. So I went to sleep at 11 with high hopes.
    Next thing I know it's exactly 9:47 in the morning.

As I was reading I was secretly cheering you on then disappointed that you failed :pac:

OK so having done out a schedule, it would appear I have about 4-6 hours a day free after school when I take away obligations. Surely I should be able to find time for a good 3 hours work each night and still relax and get an early night. I've just got to stop wasting time doing nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

How was the day at school?
    Not very good. The whole day I had a feeling that something bad is gonna happen.
    Well, it actually did happen, a girl in my year left early. On my way home I saw a broken barrier by the side of the road which blocks the entry to the 50m drop into the Stream down below. As I went closer to see what had happened, I saw a car upside down in the water with the tyres popping out of the surface. On asking the people standing by, they said it was a Girl, the elder sister of so and so. They said she is very badly injured and most probably have a broken neck. Haven't got into contact with anyone yet so I'm unsure of her condition at the moment. Hope it's all OK.

How was the day at school?
    Not very good. The whole day I had a feeling that something bad is gonna happen.
    Well, it actually did happen, a girl in my year left early. On my way home I saw a broken barrier by the side of the road which blocks the entry to the 50m drop into the Stream down below. As I went closer to see what had happened, I saw a car upside down in the water with the tyres popping out of the surface. On asking the people standing by, they said it was a Girl, the elder sister of so and so. They said she is very badly injured and most probably have a broken neck. Haven't got into contact with anyone yet so I'm unsure of her condition at the moment. Hope it's all OK.

Wow I really hope she's alright, that could well have been fatal. Did you mean 50m?! That sees like a Huge drop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

I still can't get the hang of this whole homework thing. It sucks. :(

Also, I was at the careers thing today too. I entered the CIT comp. twice. 2 peas yeahh! :D

No study done today, except what I got done in study. All teachers seen the think that that particular subject is the only one we're doing and piling on homework.
    I not only have a whole home ec assignment to re-write, but I have a FULL exam paper. All short Q's AND all long Q's. :(

Oh by the way, I hope the girl's ok!

And what's everyone aiming to get in the LC? Just wondering?

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Had my careers meeting yesterday, she was shocked I am only doing 2.5-3 hours homework and study a night :O :(

No study done today, except what I got done in study. All teachers seen the think that that particular subject is the only one we're doing and piling on homework.
    I not only have a whole home ec assignment to re-write, but I have a FULL exam paper. All short Q's AND all long Q's. :(

Oh by the way, I hope the girl's ok!

You first;)
    ConTheCat wrote: »
    Had my careers meeting yesterday, she was shocked I am only doing 2.5-3 hours homework and study a night :O :(

What's that? I would love to see the look on their face if I told them I do about half an hour.

Cian A wrote: »
    You first;)

Oh sorry I shoulda put mine in :P
    I'm aiming for 500 myself. Very likely won't happen since the highest I can possibly get is 560, and I'm not THAT amazing. :L
    Especially the minimal amount I'm doing atm..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I'm absolutely shattered today. Can barely keep my eyes open. I'm aiming for 460. Hope that girl is okay rusty, and anyone else who may have been involved in the accident.
    Going to bed, g'night!

For me, I might get anywhere between 400-600 points. People have described me as incredibly lazy (and that I cannot deny) yet genius for getting the marks I do out of nothing. I get A's in most tests without studying but I worry that I'll be too lazy to study for the big exams and do poorly like I did in the summer (all C's and B's).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

any one thinking of doing the model un?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Anything above 420 and I'd be happy out. This has to be the most active thread on boards at the moment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Lord Ned Stark

Need 530 very capable however procrastination and reading A Game of Thrones is a huge hindrance

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Anything above 300 for me lolz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

feck yer aiming high over 360 and im grand

For me, I might get anywhere between 400-600 points. People have described me as incredibly lazy (and that I cannot deny) yet genius for getting the marks I do out of nothing. I get A's in most tests without studying but I worry that I'll be too lazy to study for the big exams and do poorly like I did in the summer (all C's and B's).

I'm the exact same, I very rarely study and do very well in majority of tests and people just don't believe it because I'm so laid back.
    I'm constantly described as, since 1st year, as having unlimited potential but only if I apply myself. :pac:

I don't know about anyone else, but even though I don't really play sports, I'm huuuugely competitive. And I always see tests as a competition to see if I do better than others in the class.

I see the leaving as the exact same. One really big competition. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

feck yer aiming high over 360 and im grand

Same :D Father dearest has visions of 470+ though :pac:

• Advertisement

I don't know about anyone else, but even though I don't really play sports, I'm huuuugely competitive. And I always see tests as a competition to see if I do better than others in the class.

I see the leaving as the exact same. One really big competition. :cool:

I can make an exception for you but academically competitive people generally annoy the **** out of me. I can be absolutely delighted with 90% without studying or working when these guys who work their ass of try boasting to me that they did better by a few %, seriously I'm happy with my result so fúck off, you probably don't even realise you try 10x harder than me.

I'm kind of the same for sport, loads of potential but never practiced enough to fulfil it, I've won medals in football, long distance, high jump, while seldom finishing 1st I'm content with what I have achieved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Swedish is hardly mainstream, is it?

You're like the new PictureFrame.

Btw guys, any sign of crayolastereo or seriouslysweet these days? Hopefully they're not doing what LC'ers should be doing, and actually be STUDYING. :confused:
    Patchy~ wrote: »
    crayolastereo is chuchoter now :') not sure about the other person though, i dont recognize the name :o

There's only one pictureframe! :P I feel so senior remembering everyone. I haven't seen a post from seriouslysweet in ages here.

It's a shame, I thought we were all going to grow old together :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

These cold mornings are ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

Spilled a fecking bottle of Super Glue on my hands this morning, still can't get it off. :(
    Taking down notes and turning the pages was one hell of a challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭Reventon93

Joey. wrote: »
    Same :D Father dearest has visions of 470+ though :pac:

Mine is exactly the same but considering that im repeating. They expect 570. Its very achievable but unlikely!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

You first;)

What's that? I would love to see the look on their face if I told them I do about half an hour.
    Just a meeting about how you're getting on, what you want to do after school, advise on it etc. :) It was right after somebody said they do 8 a day at the weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Some people study so long to get reasonably similar results to me I really wonder what they are doing. Like 4 and 5 hours a night I'd want a hundred per cent in everything, not just Bs and they think they're so superior for it too.

I need about 560, which I hope I could manage after the Institute Xmas grinds in one or two subjects that school has done wrong to bump me up a grade (I'm like teetering on the brink of A2s and A1s in a good few subjects and missing them by one or two per cent)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Chuchoter wrote: »
    Some people study so long to get reasonably similar results to me I really wonder what they are doing. Like 4 and 5 hours a night I'd want a hundred per cent in everything, not just Bs and they think they're so superior for it too.

I need about 560, which I hope I could manage after the Institute Xmas grinds in one or two subjects that school has done wrong to bump me up a grade (I'm like teetering on the brink of A2s and A1s in a good few subjects and missing them by one or two per cent)

You need 560?! What do you want to do? :O my first choice would be around the 500 520 mark which I don't have a hope of getting. So fingers crossed for 450 460.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

oh my god lads,

did my "christmas" exams.. 4 in a row today.... home ec totally SUCKED ass!!

even the mocks wont be as bad as them i swear o.O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

The only thing I can vaguely see myself liking is Law and French in TCD which is currently 550, so I'm aiming for 560 to be safe. HL maths points are lovely though! I really like UCD and tbh I'd prefer to go there (and the points are lower) but its just too far away from where I live.

The grades I'm hoping for are
    Maths: B2 105
    English: B1 85
    French: A2 90
    Biology: A1 100
    Physics: A1 100
    Chemistry/ Irish: B2 80

I think I might be able to maneuver an A in English but I think its a really bad subject to bank on. Physics, French and Maths are the ones I'd like to improve on at the moment, but I'm not very far off those grades I think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement