Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

In pe we've a choice of gym, outdoor stuff (usually soccer ) or random stuff that can be stuff like badminton etc. Tis good that there's something for everyone I guess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Bubbleope wrote: »
    we haven't done genetics yet though.. that is my lousy excuse.. :cool: what's it like? :)

it's fine, not difficult. Just really slow.
    Cian A wrote: »
    Genes maybe?:D. I stayed up till 1.30am and was up at 7am for applied maths.

do you have applies maths before school?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

My principal doesn't like my hair - he was giving out to me for ten minutes about it, it was followed by me saying "That's grand and all, but I'm not shaving it off". Now he want's to see my mother... Fúckin' eejit - it's not even spiked up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Leftyflip wrote: »
    My principal doesn't like my hair - he was giving out to me for ten minutes about it, it was followed by me saying "That's grand and all, but I'm not shaving it off". Now he want's to see my mother... Fúckin' eejit - it's not even spiked up...

You should shave it off. He won't see it coming :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

You should shave it off. He won't see it coming :)

But I like my mohawk - it's all spiky and stuff...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

it's fine, not difficult. Just really slow.

do you have applies maths before school?

Unfortunately yes, I've never had such a good reason to hate mondays. Late night sunday homework+monday morning applied maths+About 100 exam questions for friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I just saw the tag now! Pahaha <3

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

awwww lads....christmas exams start tomorrow :(

fml people...theyre doing it just on time for the PTM D;

AnnaKin wrote: »

At least you can sort of enjoy midterm. Mine are the week after it :(

AnnaKin wrote: »

At least you can sort of enjoy midterm. Mine are the week after it :(

Mine are the week before Christmas:confused::confused:

Y'know...because they're Christmas tests...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

It's so bloody cold!

Hope we get some snow days off

Mine are the week before Christmas:confused::confused:

Y'know...because they're Christmas tests...

Hey now, it's only 68 sleeps away! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Quite like the cold, once it's not raining I'm happy enough walking about really :pac:

Quite like the cold, once it's not raining I'm happy enough walking about really :pac:

The wind is an absolute killer these days too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Would 6th years get off school for snow?

I remember last year, they kept in 3rd/6th years in one day while the rest of the years got off

Fergus_ wrote: »

I remember last year, they kept in 3rd/6th years in one day while the rest of the years got off
    Well it's hardly less dangerous for 3rd and 6th years to drive on icy roads? :confused: I don't care about the leaving cert, I WANT SNOW DAYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Got 100% in my maths test today :cool:

It's OL but still. :pac:

Fergus_ wrote: »

Someone here mentioned not getting an easter break next year due to snow!:eek: I hope that's not the case. And I approve of snow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

We have these career talks in school and people come in from universities to tell us stuff, why not tell us things that aren't in the prospectus? You do a French and Law degree? No way! I mean I saw it on pg53 but I really needed you to verify that in person:rolleyes: I want employment/drop out/hours/course content.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Awh lads I'm shattered. I'm so shattered I posted a comment on how shattered I was in the wrong thread... Mortooooo... :L

And Chuchoter... I KNOW!!!!! they spend the whole time talking about half the prospectus, they run out of time and don't even talk about the half I'm interested in :L grr. The open days should be good though haven't been to one this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

Finishing off my third home eh journal waaaaay!

We're starting yoga in PE on Thursday. That'll be fun. :P

In PE we do "Relaxation"
    Which is basically lie on the floor wrapped in a blanket for an hour :D
    We wear pyjamas aswell, which just makes it the best PE ever!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

The only talks we've been getting is that one for maths week and some alcoholics talking to us :rolleyes:

I dont want snow days! They just make us make up the days some other time :( Its unfair imo, personally I find I get a lot done on the snow days study-wise.

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Awh lads I'm shattered. I'm so shattered I posted a comment on how shattered I was in the wrong thread... Mortooooo... :L

And Chuchoter... I KNOW!!!!! they spend the whole time talking about half the prospectus, they run out of time and don't even talk about the half I'm interested in :L grr. The open days should be good though haven't been to one this year.

The two open days I want to go to most are on the same day at the same time. Ffs why make me choose!
    Patchy~ wrote: »
    The only talks we've been getting is that one for maths week and some alcoholics talking to us :rolleyes:

I dont want snow days! They just make us make up the days some other time :( Its unfair imo, personally I find I get a lot done on the snow days study-wise.

Get a lot if study done?? I'm outside sledding with everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

Lads, how long should a 10 mark question for the unseen poem be? :confused:

Lads, how long should a 10 mark question for the unseen poem be? :confused:

Haven't actually touched exam questions yet but I'd say 1 page for 10 marks is sufficient

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

The two open days I want to go to most are on the same day at the same time. Ffs why make me choose!

Get a lot if study done?? I'm outside sledding with everyone!

Where dya wanna go? :) you think that they'd avoid putting them on the same days.

Manic2 wrote: »
    Got 100% in my maths test today :cool:

It's OL but still. :pac:
    That's still a great achievement, well done!

Lads, I've been doing literally NOTHING. I don't know where I expect these points to come out of. :/

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Where dya wanna go? :) you think that they'd avoid putting them on the same days.

The UCD general open day and the TCD maths and physics day are both on the 12th nov at 10am. Good planning there:rolleyes:. There might be 1 or 2 other days in UCD I'd like to attend also (The business one was yesterday apparantly, oops!)
    That's still a great achievement, well done!

Lads, I've been doing literally NOTHING. I don't know where I expect these points to come out of. :/

Y'know I can't say I'm much different. I guess I can best summarise it by saying I stay up all night, not working, hoping at some stage I'll get this massive boost of motivation and do heals of work, then do nothing and fall asleep during class the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

I really want to learn Japanese. :p

• Advertisement

The UCD general open day and the TCD maths and physics day are both on the 12th nov at 10am. Good planning there:rolleyes:. There might be 1 or 2 other days in UCD I'd like to attend also (The business one was yesterday apparantly, oops!)

Y'know I can't say I'm much different. I guess I can best summarise it by saying I stay up all night, not working, hoping at some stage I'll get this massive boost of motivation and do heals of work, then do nothing and fall asleep during class the next day.

Same here. I'm not even doing my homework a lot of the time. My parents are paying loads of money for grinds yet I'm not putting in any effort. I'm such a failure! :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement