Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I really want to learn Japanese. :p

I really wanna learn Swedish! Well learn to speak it fluently, not just the basic conversational skills I already have :p

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

I really wanna learn Swedish! Well learn to speak it fluently, not just the basic conversational skills I already have :p

Watching anime without subs would be amazing. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I also want to learn Japanese but probably will never get around to it :p

I'd like to speak French fluently though

Fergus_ wrote: »
    I also want to learn Japanese but probably will never get around to it :p

I'd like to speak French fluently though

I think I might ask Santa for a book or something. It'd be a good break every night or two from the study! :D

If anyone's actually learning Japanese, help me out here? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Chuchoter wrote: »
    We have these career talks in school and people come in from universities to tell us stuff, why not tell us things that aren't in the prospectus? You do a French and Law degree? No way! I mean I saw it on pg53 but I really needed you to verify that in person:rolleyes: I want employment/drop out/hours/course content.

Yes! We've only had peopls from UCC but all they do is regurgitate the prospectus, and everyone asks questions which are already answered in the prospectus. I still don't know what most courses are like to study...
    Also someone counted up, and after the midterm we only have around six school weeks until the pres. I got so scared I actually studied today...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

You guys are too mainstream...

I want to learn Indonesian

Cian A wrote: »

My best mate wants to learn Icelandic. I think she wins. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

I've always wanted to be fluent in any language except english. I wouldn't even consider myself even near fluent in irish. :o

French would be the main one. Really like the language. Totally regret not keeping it on for LC. :(

Manic2 wrote: »
    I've always wanted to be fluent in any language except english. I wouldn't even consider myself even near fluent in irish. :o

French would be the main one. Really like the language. Totally regret not keeping it on for LC. :(

Well apart from English I'd be fairly fluent in Irish, I'm awful at French but at least if I learnt that well it'd be a practical language. If I had the choice though, I would have picked Spanish as a third language for the LC.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

I'd love to learn Japanese! The thoughts of the letters though :o I absolutely love French, I want to do it in college along with picking up some new stuff like Spanish/Italian/German :P Languages <3
    The two open days I want to go to most are on the same day at the same time. Ffs why make me choose!

Get a lot if study done?? I'm outside sledding with everyone!
    Eww too cold :P And too afraid of falling on my ass :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I think I might ask Santa for a book or something. It'd be a good break every night or two from the study! :D

If anyone's actually learning Japanese, help me out here? :p

I'm learning Japanese :) you should print off tables of the hiragana and katakana and get learning them. It can take anything from 3 hours to 3 week depending on how you go about it, and you can do it before you get a book. Learn 10 more every morning before you go to school and just keep writing them out again and again. You should learn hiragana first. It's the one that looks like

かあ
    きい
    くう
    けえ
    ...こお

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Went to a careers yoke today. So boring, put all the proper colleges upstairs and the faffy about ones (Mallow College of Further Education :pac: ) downstairs. Looked around, put some paper in my bag, talked to a few people and left. Good thing though is that we didn't have to go to school, met our very own M&S* there also!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Went to a careers yoke today. So boring, put all the proper colleges upstairs and the faffy about ones (Mallow College of Further Education :pac: ) downstairs. Looked around, put some paper in my bag, talked to a few people and left. Good thing though is that we didn't have to go to school, met our very own M&S* there also!
    To be fair CIT and stuff were downstairs. We brought LCAs soa lot would have been interested. I got 8 pens, successful day. I was stalked more like :p

M&S* wrote: »
    To be fair CIT and stuff were downstairs. We brought LCAs soa lot would have been interested. I got 8 pens, successful day. I was stalked more like :p

CIT, Army, that was about it. I could talk to the lad from the Army all day, some man!:pac: Yeah I'm not gonna lie I completely stalked you by saying hi:cool:

CIT, Army, that was about it. I could talk to the lad from the Army all day, some man!:pac: Yeah I'm not gonna lie I completely stalked you by saying hi:cool:

How did you know it was her?

I'm a genius

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

How did you know it was her?
    You can spot a boardsie a mile away.

M&S* wrote: »
    You can spot a boardsie a mile away.

True dat

Swedish is hardly mainstream, is it?

You're like the new PictureFrame, except instead of talking about nothing but doing economics out of school, in every one of your posts I've seen you're on about dropping French for LC! :p

Btw guys, any sign of crayolastereo or seriouslysweet these days? Hopefully they're not doing what LC'ers should be doing, and actually be STUDYING. :confused:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

crayolastereo is chuchoter now :') not sure about the other person though, i dont recognize the name :o

• Advertisement

Patchy~ wrote: »
    crayolastereo is chuchoter now :') not sure about the other person though, i dont recognize the name :o

Cereal? :O I never knew that!

I'm learning Japanese :) you should print off tables of the hiragana and katakana and get learning them. It can take anything from 3 hours to 3 week depending on how you go about it, and you can do it before you get a book. Learn 10 more every morning before you go to school and just keep writing them out again and again. You should learn hiragana first. It's the one that looks like

かあ
    きい
    くう
    けえ
    ...こお

I feel like you just insulted me or something and aren't saying...
    I'm a genius very good stalker

fyp

You're like the new PictureFrame, except instead of talking about nothing but doing economics out of school, in every one of your posts I've seen you're on about dropping French for LC! :p

Btw guys, any sign of crayolastereo or seriouslysweet these days? Hopefully they're not doing what LC'ers should be doing, and actually be STUDYING. :confused:

That's the joke. (I'm not learning indonesian btw!:D) Swedish and Japanese are a lot less studied than say Spanish, French, German or whatever else.

Haven't seen seriouslysweet in ages.

Did anyone ever start doing those skype orals?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Cereal? :O I never knew that!

Yuppers thats me! (lol me actually doing work, do you not know me at all?). Haven't heard from seriouslysweet in forever though :(

We did some of the French orals but tbh, no-one would speak french so it didn't work spectacularly well.

How many hours of work are people doing a night and have you guys started revising 5th year stuff yet?

Also 6 weeks until the mocks, when the hell did that happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Starting evening study after halloween I think. I might actually get something done..

Yuppers thats me! (lol me actually doing work, do you not know me at all?). Haven't heard from seriouslysweet in forever though :(

We did some of the French orals but tbh, no-one would speak french so it didn't work spectacularly well.

How many hours of work are people doing a night and have you guys started revising 5th year stuff yet?

Would speak french or could?:D. Did anyone ever get the gaeilge going?

Hours? Homework: About 2-3, Study: 0
    I'm going to count all the exam questions we get from teachers as my study:rolleyes:

6 weeks! We have christmas exams then mocks in february.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Lord Ned Stark

Girl came in to school today dying of the stomach bug ! This girl sat beside me in every class possible and even on normal days doesnt pay attention or bother to take notes and guess who is now home vomiting his guts up for the last 3 hours ?! You guessed right Lord Ned Stark

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

I'm not that bad am I? :eek:

I'm sorry I'll stop :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Starting evening study after halloween I think. I might actually get something done..
    It's the right job :) 2 hours work done by 6 o clock, can't beat it!!

I feel like you just insulted me or something and aren't saying...

fyp

That's the joke. (I'm not learning indonesian btw!:D) Swedish and Japanese are a lot less studied than say Spanish, French, German or whatever else.

Haven't seen seriouslysweet in ages.

Did anyone ever start doing those skype orals?
    Oh. Well leave me alone, I actually think I've become like, borderline-retarded lately. :p

Good to see you again then! :pac: I've been doing virtually nothing. How about you? I just don't know how to study :/
    Siobhnk wrote: »
    Same here, I'm dying for it to start!
    I'm not that bad am I? :eek:

I'm sorry I'll stop :P
    Haha I was joking dude :D

• Advertisement

To be honest now I'm not happy with myself and the absolute lack of any work I'm putting in. I'd really like to get into good habits and rectify my sleep pattern. Keep telling myself to sort it out, this year is going to get so much tougher too!

Has anyone ever tried making a schedule for themselves? And more importantly did you actually stick to it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement