Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

M&S* wrote: »
    @Anam, apparently seeing as I've expressed no interest my name has been crossed off, I'm pretty sure I'd still get tickets though!
    Yup, student council keep bringing forward the deadline for the first instalment so apparently my name's going to be crossed of the list if I don't pay by the end of the week. I don't give a fcuk about ky debs anyway, I'll just wait and see if they actually mean it...
    As well as that, one of my good friends was in hospital for the entire summer and now she's in some rehabilitation place in Dublin. A certain person asked one us if she'd get the fifty euro from her before midterm. Bad form tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Damn computers distracting me from my homework >.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Chuchoter wrote: »
    I need sleep :(

Your not the only one :( when I wa doing biology homework I kept writing down 'jeans'

what the hell was I thinking? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

Your not the only one :( when I wa doing biology homework I kept writing down 'jeans'

what the hell was I thinking? :confused:

jeans? :P haha please explain!!
    I'm tired also. Stayed up til 3am last night doing my English homework which today I realised I did wrong.. so it was a complete and utter waste of time. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Apparently "it was raining sideways" is not an appropriate reason for being 5 mins late for class after lunch. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Bubbleope wrote: »
    I'm tired also. Stayed up til 3am last night doing my English homework which today I realised I did wrong.. so it was a complete and utter waste of time. :o

Genes maybe?:D. I stayed up till 1.30am and was up at 7am for applied maths.
    Was getting answers wrong left right and centre. Q1 wrong "oh I made a mistake", Q2 wrong "ah I should be doing better than that", Q3 wrong "WTF is wrong with me!".

Bubbleope wrote: »

Jeans as in Genes as in genetics. And I wrote it out a few times incorrectly and a few times correctly. I feel like such a douche...

13spanner wrote: »
    Apparently "it was raining sideways" is not an appropriate reason for being 5 mins late for class after lunch. :D

The same excuse was used in my class except the reply was "you poor thing, here, give me your jacket and I'll leave it on the radiator for you pet"

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

:eek:
    Cian A wrote: »
    Genes maybe?:D. I stayed up till 1.30am and was up at 7am for applied maths.
    Was getting answers wrong left right and centre. Q1 wrong "oh I made a mistake", Q2 wrong "ah I should be doing better than that", Q3 wrong "WTF is wrong with me!".
    haha poor you and I. xD we are eejits!:P
    Jeans as in Genes as in genetics. And I wrote it out a few times incorrectly and a few times correctly. I feel like such a douche...
    i feel like a proper douche!! :eek: How did I not realise jeans were meant to be genes.. ah god. I really amn't awake!! :pac:
    we haven't done genetics yet though.. that is my lousy excuse.. :cool: what's it like? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

The same excuse was used in my class except the reply was "you poor thing, here, give me your jacket and I'll leave it on the radiator for you pet"
    Sounds like your teacher is sound out. Got soaked during lunch and had to sit in sopping uniform for the last 3 classes. Depressing! Cold weather/frost doesn't bother me, but rain 24/7 is such a balls :(

• Advertisement

13spanner wrote: »
    Sounds like your teacher is sound out. Got soaked during lunch and had to sit in sopping uniform for the last 3 classes. Depressing! Cold weather/frost doesn't bother me, but rain 24/7 is such a balls :(

Sitting in class sopping wet is awful! We only got the rain at the end of school so I was soaked coming home but at least I was in school comfortably

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

:eek: We don't even get PE in 5th or 6th year, I would kill to have a double period. FFS we have three religion periods a week.

So do we. And we watch movies, which is great n' all but FFS we're doing the leaving!

donvito99 wrote: »
    So do we. And we watch movies, which is great n' all but FFS we're doing the leaving!

Exactly, give us a study class or PE, not movie class! Worse still our new Re teacher shows us documentaries instead of good movies like the other re classes get :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

I've had one of those days where everything just went wrong :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Up at half 6, been working all day, still got Maths to do. The joys of 6th year :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

*Tries not to smash laptop* Arrgghhhhh D:
    Microsoft Word - why you run so damned slow these days? I'll type 5 words and it takes 3 seconds for them to start appearing on the screen... Anyone have any ideas?

Leftyflip wrote: »
    *Tries not to smash laptop* Arrgghhhhh D:
    Microsoft Word - why you run so damned slow these days? I'll type 5 words and it takes 3 seconds for them to start appearing on the screen... Anyone have any ideas?

Is it like that for all programs? Try a different word processor like OpenOffice, might be less strenuous on the system. When desperate...revert to notepad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Is it like that for all programs? Try a different word processor like OpenOffice, might be less strenuous on the system. When desperate...revert to notepad.

Just word ><
    Notepad for a LC Project, em no :pac:
    Cheers for the suggestion on OpenOffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Just word ><
    Notepad for a LC Project, em no :pac:
    Cheers for the suggestion on OpenOffice.

I use google docs. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

+1 for Open Office

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

+1,000,000 for google docs!

Haha I just realised that I wrote my homework in the friday of my homework journal, wishful thinking:rolleyes:

Finishing off my third home eh journal waaaaay!

We're starting yoga in PE on Thursday. That'll be fun. :P

Finishing off my third home eh journal waaaaay!

We're starting yoga in PE on Thursday. That'll be fun. :P

We just play soccer every week for 45 minutes, 'tis great banter :pac:

We just play soccer every week for 45 minutes, 'tis great banter :pac:

We actually do like, random stuff? Basketball one week, strength training the next, Just Dance on the wii after that..

It's not so bad, I guess. :)

We actually do like, random stuff? Basketball one week, strength training the next, Just Dance on the wii after that..

It's not so bad, I guess. :)

The Wii? What kinda school do you go to?:eek:

The Wii? What kinda school do you go to?:eek:

One with a fairly sound, young male PE teacher who actually makes PE fun. :D Unlike the other b*tches who make us do the mile run and the beep test..

One with a fairly sound, young male PE teacher who actually makes PE fun. :D Unlike the other b*tches who make us do the mile run and the beep test..

I'm aching for some PE, give me a mile run any day :eek:, Could almost sprint that. Well I would have when I was still active in sport:o

I'm aching for some PE, give me a mile run any day :eek:, Could almost sprint that. Well I would have when I was still active in sport:o

Feel free to have my place! That might be a bit tough though..:P

Three of five journals done! And with that, I sleep.

Niiiight! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

I was so tired when I woke up that I thought it was Wednesday.

</3

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement