Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

Lavisa wrote: »

Well there is only 4 tables! No waitress since Orla left & no Chef!
    Bob is working solo too. All this and Ingrid - FC's only jobhunter has left town! A positve labour shortage ......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭DramaQuee

Saw it!
    Dermo was wearing his ring again, wedding ring (previous poster pointed it out few weeks ago) in The Station with Maeve. Maeve's wardrobe was so colour co-ordinated (for colourblind viewers).

There was a dark haired girl working in Vino's tonight, in the background. Why did Christy listen to guff from Yvonne, instead of saying, Go from 5 to 10 if you want, gob****e and I won't buy a scrap of food off you again. What proprietor can go on to customers like she does, and competitors would just run her off their premises if she dared go in rudely. I don't know of anyone, however easygoing, who'd let the person who owns a tiny cafe they use speak to them like that. Her behaviour doesn't translate into the real world, especially in a recession.

Jo is so ladylike, nice face, good angles or something with the camera, softer skin, the other one looks like a Plain People Of Ireland old graven head beside her. Jo won't need chicken fillets once she starts eating whatever RTE give Renee, Carol, Judith, Niamh etc. They should patent it.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

did anyone else notice how nice and toned judith's legs are, even in jeans its fairly impressive. what age would she be? mid 40's?

swiftman wrote: »
    did anyone else notice how nice and toned judith's legs are, even in jeans its fairly impressive. what age would she be? mid 40's?

Oh hello Blackie

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jenny30

Lucy come back. Much better than the East enders long drawn out who shagged who,then he left ? WHO CARES? I want tommorow know that that child gets his mum back for Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

She's fairly Milfy alrite..

In tonight's Fair City : Renee asks Bob to give her a job in the Hungry Pig . Bob explains he can't as there's no chance of her giving the customers back change or their handbags being safe . Maeve discovers Sean not leaving the shower for 40 minutes is nothing - he hasn't left the house for over two months . Christy discovers the real Val (the nice one from the summer ) bound and gagged in the back office - the one he's been sleeping with for the last three months is really an escaped Mr. Flynn in disguise !

http://www.facebook.com/funnyfaircity

sffc wrote: »
    In tonight's Fair City : Renee asks Bob to give her a job in the Hungry Pig . Bob explains he can't as there's no chance of her giving the customers back change or their handbags being safe .
    Maeve discovers Sean not leaving the shower for 40 minutes is nothing - he hasn't left the house for over two months . who's sean?
    Christy discovers the real Val (the nice one from the summer ) bound and gagged in the back office - the one he's been sleeping with for the last three months should be baned for saying that haha is really an escaped Mr. Flynn in disguise !

http://www.facebook.com/funnyfaircity

Sean is a young manager from Christy's shop . He's related to Niamh and Christy I think ? Anyway he came back early from Canada after himself and Dearbhla (Judith's youngest daughter ) went there but we've seen very little of him since as your post suggests :p

:D very good sffc

Brings me to this quandary: last night Christy couldn't bring Renee to the back office because it was 'crazy back there'. Intriguing. Who was there, if he and the bulldog chewing the wasp were at the till? What goes on in Christy's back office? Does he hire it out for children's parties/21sts? Is he afraid Yvonne will get wind of it?

• Advertisement

Sean is a young manager from Christy's shop . He's related to Niamh and Christy I think ? Anyway he came back early from Canada after himself and Dearbhla (Judith's youngest daughter ) went there but we've seen very little of him since as your post suggests :p

oh ya, now i remember. didnt know he came back though. i suppose if he havent left the house maybe he's following in his uncle's (granddad) cass footsteps of wanting to be a little weird

Try as I may, my imagination just cannot conjure activities, Of THAT type between Val and Christy. I am satisfied it's just a nasty rumour.

DramaQuee wrote: »
    Try as I may, my imagination just cannot conjure activities, Of THAT type between Val and Christy. I am satisfied it's just a nasty rumour.

no wonder Val is going around with that face on her. she most of been very frustrated. then christy said f*** it, get in the office, tied her up, gagged her and had his way with her....

That is too much for my mind, some people like these just don't, I can't entertain.
    Kinky posts on other thread
    >

I know Christy is meant to be a softie and all but his wimpish behaviour with Yvonne was unbelievable . I mean the obvious thing to say was that it was a free country and he could book wherever he wanted . With the warning of course that if she wanted any chance of the business in future she should apologise .

As a business owner himself this should have been second nature/in his DNA !!!!!

I have more sympathy for the writers with Dermot's "will I turn down the grill ?" line ALTHOUGH it should have been changed to "pan" (My guess is they couldn't find a grill pan when shooting the scene ) . The point is trying to be made (crudely) that Jo is back and putting her mark on the house and indeed Dermot . Hence the " family" line in the last scene last night and the way she shut the door behind Maeve . This is the only realistic thing about the whole separation scenario .
    Mothers gaurd their home and children very jealously in this situations ( I know from personal experience ) they don't up and leave and hide 3-4 hours drive away . Actually one more thing ....can Jo not drive ..why always a train ? and did she have any luggage when she arrived ? Whats she living off ? Questions questions questions !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Actually one more thing ....can Jo not drive ..why always a train ? and did she have any luggage when she arrived ? Whats she living off ? Questions questions questions !!!

And the way she told Ben that she had to go back down to Cork - just abandoning her own son before Christmas which wouldn't be like Jo's character at all - does she not want to see her son?? Why would she move to Cork FFS! I thought she would have put up more of a fight when it came to custody of her son tbh.

Are Dermot and Jo meant to get back together anyway? I presume so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Devildoll84

He's not related to Christy, but he is Niamh's brother.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

leahyl wrote: »
    And the way she told Ben that she had to go back down to Cork - just abandoning her own son before Christmas which wouldn't be like Jo's character at all -

It does seem a bit strange for Jo, is she using Ben as emotional blackmail to get back into Dermot's life, or perhaps even to get custody of Ben?

leahyl wrote: »
    And the way she told Ben that she had to go back down to Cork - just abandoning her own son before Christmas which wouldn't be like Jo's character at all - does she not want to see her son?? Why would she move to Cork FFS! I thought she would have put up more of a fight when it came to custody of her son tbd Jo meant to get back together anyway? I presume so

But why did Jo not have the family rights thing, the house must be half hers if she and Dermo were married, he couldn't throw her out of her home, it was only last year, takes 4 years for divorce in Ireland. Did they have a separation agreement and she agreed to give him the whole house, I may have missed some weeks? Maeve calls Jo his wife, Dermo calls her his Ex-wife. Jo can stay at her home, unless she has signed off the mortgage and the land registry. Haha, when she is back under the roof, she has most marital rights back. In some ways it goes back to the start for divorce, it will be 4 years from when they lived together (or 4 from last 5yrs).

She really only went to Cork to mind her father. She will not stay in a place with no living relations and Ben miles away. She is back!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kevsul47

believe it or not the actress is 58.she looks great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 kevsul47

catherine byrne who plays judith i meant..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

I know Christy is meant to be a softie and all but his wimpish behaviour with Yvonne was unbelievable . I mean the obvious thing to say was that it was a free country and he could book wherever he wanted . With the warning of course that if she wanted any chance of the business in future she should apologise .

I agree..totally baffling. The obvious thing he should have said though was "P!ss off, you jumped up little harpie! Who do you think you are?"

Rant over :D

wtf does does renne wants 20 grand for all she says is heather in trouble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

wtf does does renne wants 20 grand for all she says is heather in trouble

This is a complete mystery to me too:confused:

DramaQuee wrote: »
    But why did Jo not have the family rights thing, the house must be half hers if she and Dermo were married, he couldn't throw her out of her home, it was only last year, takes 4 years for divorce in Ireland. Did they have a separation agreement and she agreed to give him the whole house, I may have missed some weeks? Maeve calls Jo his wife, Dermo calls her his Ex-wife. Jo can stay at her home, unless she has signed off the mortgage and the land registry. Haha, when she is back under the roof, she has most marital rights back. In some ways it goes back to the start for divorce, it will be 4 years from when they lived together (or 4 from last 5yrs).

She really only went to Cork to mind her father. She will not stay in a place with no living relations and Ben miles away. She is back!

They must be the only separated cpl in the world to split and not discuss money/custody access etc . Very unrealistic . A few points on what you've said :

By staying over in the spare room they are still living separately in the legal sense so the clock is still ticking from when Jo left . Even if they slept together last night as a drunken one night stand it wouldn't constitute a reconciliation so clock still ticks . It may be that in time we will see them both dispute when the separation occured ...and in fairness that often happens so would be very realistic .

The house in Carrigstown is a "family home" as they were married and has special protection . They both have a claim to it regardless of deeds etc . Not necessarily half ... . Ben is 7 ?? so could be a dependant for the next 16 years if he stays in full time eduacation .

The real fun has occured because Jo's dad has died and she is the only relative unless I'm mistaken . As they are still married but not legally separated Dermot has a right to any inheritance Jo is left . In other words her dads house is in the pot . This maybe why she trying to worm her way back in ...we shall see .

Dermot is meant to be reasonably educated , an accountant and a former councillor . Even if he hadnt sought legal advice( which some people avoid because they can't face it) he would have a good idea of all this or at least look it up online !!!!!! Again this just ain't credible :(

One more thing - Jo has every right to stay in the house and could call the gaurds if Dermot forced her to leave against her will .Again this maybe where the story is going ! Cover any spoilers guys !!!

One more thing - Jo has every right to stay in the house and could call the gaurds if Dermot forced her to leave against her will .Again this maybe where the story is going ! Cover any spoilers guys !!!

didnt she leave cause dermot told her, that if she stayed he would tell ben that it was her who broke up the family by having more then friendly kisses with the stud tommy

didnt she leave cause dermot told her, that if she stayed he would tell ben that it was her who broke up the family by having more then friendly kisses with the stud tommy

Yea seem to remember that was what happened but not 100% .
    Its more than a year since they split so the affair is totally irrelavent in a legal sense by the way .

friendly kisses and also special hugs. :P

• Advertisement

This is a complete mystery to me too:confused:

if i was giving her 20 grand i want to know every detail

step 1 christy i need 20 grand

step 2 heather in trouble

step 3 ??????????

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement