Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,085 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Think Orla could bed Bob and Stephen for new year :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭DramaQuee

M.I.A, the FC hairdresser? such sad hair everywhere tonight, Orla got the prize mophead, Renee witchy hair, Esther had a bed head, Maeve's was lank and greasy, Carol's VILE (but we'll let her away with it, she can let herself go for a week or so) Yvonne's lovely locks from the wedding GONE. Caoimhe's hair was stringy,Neasa looked like the only one who washed her hair.

Esther's digs at Renee and Orla were fab. :D

Who is Dermo codding 'Maeve is very good with Ben' and 'she spends a lot of time with him' Is he on a different planet? Esther and Orla spend a lot of time with Ben. Maeve wants weekends away, nights out, and day trips withOUT him. Seeing they are both working, it doesn't leave much time WITH Ben.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭spanishgem

jo go back to cork, your odd accent is too annoying :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Think Orla could bed Bob and Stephen for new year :p

I think it's Bob. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭brianclown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

brianclown wrote: »

Er, yes it is...

Never mind that what about the pic of Judith and Luke - Luke with his shirt open!!:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

leahyl wrote: »
    Er, yes it is...

Never mind that what about the pic of Judith and Luke - Luke with his shirt open!!:eek::eek:

She does look different, must be the angle. That pic of Luke should come with a warning :eek:

spanishgem wrote: »
    jo go back to cork, your odd accent is too annoying :(

I'll take it on the chin that Jo and her accent stay - if they get rid of mealey mouth Maeve. (I loved Maeve being 'caught' by Jo.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Lorna123

Love Jo and glad she is back. So if Judith is falling for Luke, where does that leave Tommie.......back in the arms of Jo ???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

In tonight's Fair city :Val and Charlie are delighted as Maeve and Jo have sponsored bare-knuckle fist fight in aid of the community centre . In a bid to win over the crowd Maeve strips down to her undies and offers her clothes to the Helping Hand . Dolores politely refuses as she seldom gets over'80's in the shop . Carol discovers Zumo's big dark secret as he drunkenly returns to the flat letting slip he "had a great time in the George " . Bad feeling continues between Eddie and Deco with the diminutive jailbird threatening to leave Chariot Couriers and open a creche .....

www.facebook.com/funnyfaircity

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Lorna123 wrote: »
    Love Jo and glad she is back. So if Judith is falling for Luke, where does that leave Tommie.......back in the arms of Jo ???

Oooh me too, Jo is one of the best characters there is. I'm back in Ireland for two weeks at Christmas so can't wait for a Fair City binge. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Got a feeling that 75 minute episode is going to feel a lot longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jenny30

Bloody brilliant that Jo is back to get that family sorted out the little fella has been through his mother leaving his father having his girlfriend sleeping in his mothers bed and his granddad dying. Tis no wonder he acts out and is a pain in the arse to maeve. I laughed out loud when dermot said she is good with him. Christ on a bike she couldnt be more rotten to the child if she tried. I would LOVE to see Orla meeting someone but the pickings aren't rich to choose from at the moment. I must have missed why Rennees family need the money. Why are they in danger is it because she swindled the oul fella in Brazil

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'm getting really sick of Dermot - yeah I know, took long enough :P .

Maeve wants to treat him to a night away and he is really ungrateful, he never seems to do anything nice for Orla his go to girl when it comes to Ben, wouldn't you think he would give her a nice present for all her troubles over the past year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

I don't get all the love for JO. Does the constant "look it's" not piss you off?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Temaz wrote: »
    I don't get all the love for JO. Does the constant "look it's" not piss you off?

Plus she is a terrible actress!

i like jo she funny the way she talks

there a 75 min episode

tommy a leech ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

OMG it's like Lucys face on Jo's body:eek:, is that the Christmas special!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Jo - a great character? I don't mind her, but c'mon..

Has she lost some weight or were the makeup team on strike along with the hair stylists? She definitely looks different.. Orla's 'new' hair looked like shįt too!

Wish every episode of FC was 75 mins tbh.. Has life really come to this? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Dermish!!!!!!!

She had a baby IRL so is bound to be a bit skinnier;)

ams wrote: »
    Dermish!!!!!!!

She had a baby IRL so is bound to be a bit skinnier;)

Didn't know that actually.. Don't remember her ever being really slim.. So she's back for good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

Temaz wrote: »

Yes they irritate me too. Plus she always had and probably still has a very patronising way of speaking down to people. Plus she shouldn't have ruined "poor little Benjamin's" life by screwing around with Tommy the waster ;) But most of all, she was indirectly responsible for bringing Maeve into the frame :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

"I'LL GET YOU MY PRETTY, AND YOUR LITTLE DOG TOO"

Dermish will be on a real ego trip, 2 big tall women after him when Leo, Bob, Eddie, Decco have none.

I hate the fact that Maeve is after Dermot all the time when they both work, that only leaves weekends and evenings for Ben, but Maeve wants to get rid of him all the time. Most week nights, and all weekend, Esther and Orla are constantly minding Ben, then he's in Cork the rest of the time. That's pressure, she is such an opportunist when the old man dies; she thinks Get rid of Ben and Get Dermot to myself in Paris. They had a weekend away two weeks ago!!

Maeve is a bossy cow to Ben, falsely nice with a patronising voice to him when Dermot's there, (Dermot now believes she gets on well and is nice to him) But Maeve shows her teeth and is dictator behind the parent's back, like the nuns were at my old school. Glad GLAD GLAD!!! Jo saw the real her. And Maeve's lispy accent, crooked Enda Kenny gob, noddy head, stupid paddy-irish sayings like: Hokey Kokey etc are way more annoying than Jo's accent with a few lookits. Maeve's pushiness staying there like a spare part when Jo was there minding Ben, typically trying to take over the home. Ben didn't want her, he was happy with his mum.

Scary that Dermot believed Maeve's version and always takes her side right away, without really checking Ben's side of the story.

I can't take anymore Maeve.

Caoimhe was great with Yvonne, well able.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭wordsmithi

max life wrote: »
    I have a great storyline for getting rid of all the woeful actors in FC. A bus crash with no survivors. My ideas for those in the crash would be Carol, Jo, Ben, Maeve, Niamh ( although she has an in-built airbag ), Tommy, Luke, Judith, Caoimhe, Val, Vivienne, Charlotte, Eddie, Decco and Zac. And to top it off, they crash into Lucy who also perishes in the crash. Mmmm......that doesnt leave many character left.......GET WHAT I AM SAYING?????

There wouldn't be too many tears shed at the funerals!

There could be a crash, I mean Lorraine Molloy died in a cyclone or was it an earthquake on her honeymoon.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

If I remember rightly, it wa a hurricane

DramaQuee wrote: »
    Dermish will be on a real ego trip, 2 big tall women after him when Leo, Bob, Eddie, Decco have none.

I hate the fact that Maeve is after Dermot all the time when they both work, that only leaves weekends and evenings for Ben, but Maeve wants to get rid of him all the time. Most week nights, and all weekend, Esther and Orla are constantly minding Ben, then he's in Cork the rest of the time. That's pressure, she is such an opportunist when the old man dies; she thinks Get rid of Ben and Get Dermot to myself in Paris. They had a weekend away two weeks ago!!

Maeve is a bossy cow to Ben, falsely nice with a patronising voice to him when Dermot's there, (Dermot now believes she gets on well and is nice to him) But Maeve shows her teeth and is dictator behind the parent's back, like the nuns were at my old school. Glad GLAD GLAD!!! Jo saw the real her. And Maeve's lispy accent, crooked Enda Kenny gob, noddy head, stupid paddy-irish sayings like: Hokey Kokey etc are way more annoying than Jo's accent with a few lookits. Maeve's pushiness staying there like a spare part when Jo was there minding Ben, typically trying to take over the home. Ben didn't want her, he was happy with his mum.

Scary that Dermot believed Maeve's version and always takes her side right away, without really checking Ben's side of the story.

I can't take anymore Maeve.

The only redemption for Maeve in my eyes is if she starts beating up Ben - a lot!!!!

Your analysis is always great!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭lucretiaborgia

Very harsh and cruel comments in this about Ben. He's only a child, for God's sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

If Maeve had her way, she'd probably send Ben to boarding school

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement