Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Now to the more pressing matter. Every single night, I manage to kick off 2 of my 3 blankets theoughout the course of my sleeping. Does anyone know how to stop this? I've tried shouting at them but they just won't listen.

Experiment title: Applying foreign agents to prevent loss of bedsheets during night.

Date: 31/1/12

Apparatus necessary: tent pegs, mallet, industrial stapler, paintbrush, bucket of locktite, bed, bedsheets, experimenter.

Method:
    1. Apply tent pegs to corners of bedsheet, anchoring the bedsheet to bedposts.

2. Spread large quantities of locktite to the underside of bedsheets, allowing it to react with mattress. Take care to only apply glue to 3 edges, to allow experimenter entry to the system.

3. Apply industrial stapler to three glued edges of bed. Take care to leave enough clearance for bed entry.

4. Insert experimenter into system.

5. Wait until brightening occurs in the hours between 6 and 8am.

6. Extract experimenter, record results.

7. Wait until experimenter is prepared for another session, repeat from step one.

Hypothesis: Experimenter finds that bedsheets cannot be freed from bed, allowing for more efficient sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Feeling really giddy, yet exhausted and I have a ton of homework left to do. WOoo.

Now to the more pressing matter. Every single night, I manage to kick off 2 of my 3 blankets theoughout the course of my sleeping. Does anyone know how to stop this? I've tried shouting at them but they just won't listen.

Sleeping bag? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

Experiment title: Applying foreign agents to prevent loss of bedsheets during night.

Date: 31/1/12

Apparatus necessary: tent pegs, mallet, industrial stapler, paintbrush, bucket of locktite, bed, bedsheets, experimenter.

Method:
    1. Apply tent pegs to corners of bedsheet, anchoring the bedsheet to bedposts.

2. Spread large quantities of locktite to the underside of bedsheets, allowing it to react with mattress. Take care to only apply glue to 3 edges, to allow experimenter entry to the system.

3. Apply industrial stapler to three glued edges of bed. Take care to leave enough clearance for bed entry.

4. Insert experimenter into system.

5. Wait until brightening occurs in the hours between 6 and 8am.

6. Extract experimenter, record results.

7. Wait until experimenter is prepared for another session, repeat from step one.

Hypothesis: Experimenter finds that bedsheets cannot be freed from bed, allowing for more efficient sleep.

I'm still wondering what I do with the mallet? Hit myself with it to put myself to sleep?

Other than that, top notch advice, I have just finished Step 2, applying the locktite. Will keep you posted.

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Sleeping bag? :P

This can be my Plan B:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

WFT! whats happened to the world. first i mention about mentally dying by bebo. then people quit b.ie and today to my shock but no surprise i wake up to learn that bebo has vanished from the interface of the internet :eek: what next.... dont even bother to answer that. :pac:

Edit: 2 of my friends on boards have closed accounts. I cant live anymore :(
    This is just too depressing:(

Anyone remember this song. its seems like a world ago.
    I remember having it continuous play on tape in my Car :pac: . Ahh memories. I miss that car sooooooo much:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

OMG! This took me forever to get but I promise you it's not what it seems.. I'm going to put it as a link because its pretty NSFW but yeah... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I just got confused and put my hand in my soup instead of my spoon...

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

OMG! This took me forever to get but I promise you it's not what it seems.. I'm going to put it as a link because its pretty NSFW but yeah... :pac:

That's so like 5 days ago:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Had a protein shake today, I expect 6 pack abs and throbbing veins in the morning or else I'll be making a formal complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

You'd miss Anne Doyle at times.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

fjsanchez wrote: »
    Had a protein shake today, I expect 6 pack abs and throbbing veins in the morning or else I'll be making a formal complaint.

I prefer to get my protein by eating loads of steak and chicken. Feck it, I'm going to the butcher tomorrow for some skewers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

You know things are bad when you're an atheist and you find yourself praying to literally every god that has ever been mentioned in every religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

The awkward moment when you're silently fuming over a strangers behaviour in public and then you get a good look at them and realize they're a friend so you have to mentally start making excuses for them before you can acknowledge to yourself that your friend is irritating.

Having good craic on thumb app. So much for paying attention in law

Results in 45 minutes :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I've just recovered from sickness so haven't been out or had my blinds open since Sunday, and it now appears to be sunny outside. In Galway.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1jpSp7sKvvzG_TR2vrw4oguqwi3HqbH_McbM6zKxZqwxHc-O24Yb-NuQzUg

I'm off to get some celebratory moon pie.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I've just recovered from sickness so haven't been out or had my blinds open since Sunday, and it now appears to be sunny outside. In Galway.

Lá Fhéile Bríde today. She must have brought us the good weather! :pac:

My mother's a creep. She knows I don't like feet so she keeps sending me pictures of her toe to show me it's bruised...

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

So I got the highest result in my class for our Macbeth test. 75%. LOL, my teacher thinks he's a college lecturer with his marking schemes.

Also, finally made my desktop all sexy. If you want the Widgets just install plasma-desktop. Also went overboard with the status bar widgets, but I got rid of the unneeded ones so its nice looking in the snap.

y9N2i5Ny

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Don't be fooled, its still cold!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Also, finally made my desktop all sexy. If you want the Widgets just install plasma-desktop. Also went overboard with the status bar widgets, but I got rid of the unneeded ones so its nice looking in the snap.

[IMG][/img]
    Woah, nice looking desktop. What computer you running?

• Advertisement

marko93 wrote: »
    Woah, nice looking desktop. What computer you running?

Computer? It's a Lenovo G560 laptop :p

Eh, Ubuntu 11.10.
    Desktop Environment is just Unity, and I'm running KDE's Plasma Desktop yoke for the widgets. Didn't know you could do that, till I googled "Unity Widgets", pretty cool. Nice having the best bits of KDE and Unity :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Don't be fooled, its still cold!

I was fooled. Just walked home and it's actually icy outside. Frozen Jasper would have been more appropriate an image.

Jasper.jpg

Computer? It's a Lenovo G560 laptop :p

Eh, Ubuntu 11.10.
    Desktop Environment is just Unity, and I'm running KDE's Plasma Desktop yoke for the widgets. Didn't know you could do that, till I googled "Unity Widgets", pretty cool. Nice having the best bits of KDE and Unity :D

Looks absolutly lovely. Is Ubuntu/Linuix easy to run? I was thinking of setting it up or even trying it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

this time last year i was panicking over mocks. silly past me.

marko93 wrote: »
    Looks absolutly lovely. Is Ubuntu/Linuix easy to run? I was thinking of setting it up or even trying it out.

If you've ever set up (and installed windows), its easier then that. Google is your friend. Just set it up on another partition and mess around with it.
    Ubuntu is designed for idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Coach Carter is such a great sports film, funny how a movie can be so inspirational.

If you've ever set up (and installed windows), its easier then that. Google is your friend. Just set it up on another partition and mess around with it.
    Ubuntu is designed for idiots.

Thank man! I'll certianly have a look at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Nah, The Hurt Locker is where it's at tonight!

Nah, The Hurt Locker is where it's at tonight!
    What an amazing movie.

• Advertisement

Just closed my Bebo account.
    Reason for cancellation: Times have changed, we grow up, we move on. We must put the past behind us. Its been a fun few years.

Feel so sad. My name was Jack Ryan and that was my second bebo account from 2008-2012 :(

I have 1 hour to make a decision. . .

Advertisement