Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

I say we make a suicide pact, just to outmelodrama Noel and Shadow.

tumblr_lg35a2atVa1qzx2p7o1_500.jpg

huh? What you on about. :pac: come back to us. dont be thinking like that

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

Spent the last 20 minutes looking for a facebook group simply entitled "That Bush" but couldn't find one. Dang.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Goodbye lads

The hell? In all seriousness I should close my account because I need to remove all the distractions in my life for the next few months, but it's just so...permanent

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

The problem with boards is that closing your account doesn't make a huge difference in terms of removing distractions - unlike facebook, you can still read everything perfectly even if you don't have an account.

And if you close your account, you can't get it back. A better solution would be to have a friend change your password and not tell you, or just type in random gibberish as your password

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

The awkward moment when your Other Half gives their "luv" to someone who isn't you.
    You're still not over that?! :o
    All I want make do is help people happy, and all put either ignore on me or send pictures of the penises back :(
    Wow, Pseudo, I never knew! :eek:
    A better solution would be to have a friend change your password and not tell you ...
    There's a cautionary tale in the history of this forum on that one! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

You're still not over that?! :o

Pfft, you remember who I'm talking about. There'll be no getting over her! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

People leaving :(

^^ who that now

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jorges

Thinking of dropping out of college but if I do I don't know what else I'll do... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Sad to see people leaving, closing accounts doesn't seem to be a good way of getting rid of distractions as you can just read anyway (as mentioned before)

• Advertisement

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Sad to see people leaving, closing accounts doesn't seem to be a good way of getting rid of distractions as you can just read anyway (as mentioned before)

Well you could block it. Or just have will power to not open it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

jorges wrote: »
    Thinking of dropping out of college but if I do I don't know what else I'll do... :confused:
    Why do you feel like dropping out, may I ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

'you haven't a CAO form filled out, so I'l be ringing home to talk to your parents' Ha jokes on you ones in Liverpool the others in prison. I win :3

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

Never knew that there was other words for Hair bobbles apart from hair tie before...

Never knew that there was other words for Hair bobbles apart from hair tie before...

It's called a go go -.-

Namlub wrote: »
    It's called a go go -.-

No! A bobble!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Namlub wrote: »
    It's called a go go -.-

One of the girls in my course calls them that. Nobody knew what the hell she was talking about. So my advice to you all is if you move up to the big smoke, use the correct name and call it a bobbin. :P

jumpguy wrote: »
    Why do you feel like dropping out, may I ask?

Em, well I'm not sure what I'll do with my degree when I'm finished anyway. What postgrad courses or that would I be able to do with my subjects. Also I'm just not adjusting to the big classes and all that stuff sooo.

I'll probably stick with it though, mostly because if I drop out I don't really know what other course I'd do (none really stick out as one I think I'm absolutely sure I'd love) and I don't just want to drop out cos of other factors either.

I'm just over-worrying about things, as per usual! :)

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    One of the girls in my course calls them that. Nobody knew what the hell she was talking about. So my advice to you all is if you move up to the big smoke, use the correct name and call it a bobbin. :P

People I know from from Cork city/Kilkenny call it a 'gogo' I actually thought they were on about a go cart. And people at weekend from Kilkenny and Loais called it a bobbin... What is wrong with you all! It's a bobble :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

They're all ridiculous words anyway, everyone should just say hair tie and be done with it

• Advertisement

Pff, next you'll be suggesting I stop calling fizzy drink minerals and potatoes shpuds

I don't actually call them those things...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Em, well I'm not sure what I'll do with my degree when I'm finished anyway. What postgrad courses or that would I be able to do with my subjects. Also I'm just not adjusting to the big classes and all that stuff sooo.

I'll probably stick with it though, mostly because if I drop out I don't really know what other course I'd do (none really stick out as one I think I'm absolutely sure I'd love) and I don't just want to drop out cos of other factors either.

I'm just over-worrying about things, as per usual! :)

What course are you doing J?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Lawliet wrote: »
    They're all ridiculous words anyway, everyone should just say hair tie and be done with it

How about a hair band? I either call them that or a bobble!

The same debate could be had about a baby's dummie tbh...I've heard people call them really weird things!:P

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    What course are you doing J?

I'm doing arts :)

I call it a hair band.. but that's really confusing cos that's what you call one of these yokes too:
    Cute_Korean_Style_Hair_Band_Red.jpg&w=466&h=468&ei=D-omT5bXJ4OJhQfe0O2SBA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=103&vpy=175&dur=234&hovh=225&hovw=224&tx=162&ty=115&sig=110872863557038396288&page=1&tbnh=150&tbnw=150&start=0&ndsp=12&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0

I hope this image actually comes out properly and not massive or something..

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I thought "gogo" was the correct name for it, not just a "some counties" tihng.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I see no image.

This is a hair band

Cute_Korean_Style_Hair_Band_Red.jpg

This is a BOBBIN

Home%20Pack%20-%20Hair%20Bobbin_small.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Tradceol

I always call it a bobbin and people look at me like of got 10 heads -they're just not as cool as me thats it :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I'm doing arts :)

I know how you feel! I'm doing Arts too, it wasn't exactly a choice though, more of a back up that I didn't intend on using, but then had to. >_<

I find myself restless with it, I'd love to give it up cos I dislike a lot more than I like.

But if I drop out, then there's absolutely nothing else for me. My leaving cert is too crap to re-apply to the CAO to try for what I really want, but I went to hell and back during 6th year, lost the head a bit, I don't think it's worth going through that again!

So, I'mma stick it out, and hope to god it really does get better in 2nd year, and that I somehow emerge with a First when it's all over.:P

I see no image.

This is a hair band

Cute_Korean_Style_Hair_Band_Red.jpg

This is a BOBBIN

Home%20Pack%20-%20Hair%20Bobbin_small.JPG

Yeah that was the exact image (the one of the red hair band) I was trying to show!

Sorry about the non-image :o
    I know how you feel! I'm doing Arts too, it wasn't exactly a choice though, more of a back up that I didn't intend on using, but then had to. >_<

I find myself restless with it, I'd love to give it up cos I dislike a lot more than I like.

But if I drop out, then there's absolutely nothing else for me. My leaving cert is too crap to re-apply to the CAO to try for what I really want, but I went to hell and back during 6th year, lost the head a bit, I don't think it's worth going through that again!

So, I'mma stick it out, and hope to god it really does get better in 2nd year, and that I somehow emerge with a First when it's all over.

Eh well I didn't have arts omnibus as my first choice, I had ba connect as my first and I didn't get enough points for that so I'm the same too :P
    Yeah I'll probably be the same, not really anything else to do if I drop out so I might as well give it a good shot! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

its a gogo....:P

Advertisement